Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tali tanking

Default tali tanking

after parsing a a lot of small variations in defensive stance with tanking gear having around 54.5% armor
    this came up as win for me and way i play.
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2329/7bjn.png

what i found strange is that i do more damage with 5 points blighted soul then with 5 points sustained rage.

i didnt use any crit/combat potions.

undeniably dt is a bit selffish class given unlike the other 2 soldiers classes it hardly buffs up at all others and stands to gain the most from other classes somewhat like sin/necro.

point of thread is to ask others to link how much they do on strawmen alone with no pots and with what build while retaining around 54-55%armor to be able to still tank indepedant group setup.

and also to ask more info reguarding blighted soul feat, sometimes i do more damage with it sometimes less is it related to crit chance?
    does it become more relevant with full t4+crit potion running?
    cheers
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

why did u skip critchance for blood for aid?

556 hits from Malacodors Blight? Thats a big number considering it is 120 procs per minute and parse goes for three minutes. That should make out 360 hits maximum normally..?

I am using about the same build as you for tanking, though I can not get as high as 54,5% without BD chest. 52,9% with Tiger chest. I take Desecrated Blood and Dread Lord for the points you have in Blighted Soul.

Parsed around 1200 dps for the first tries but not quite used to spanking the straw dummy so combo rotation and missing less combos is possible thus increasing my number.

edit: link to image - http://bildr.no/view/anA3N0xz

184 md, 274 dps, 18% crit, 52,9% mitigation.
    Last edited by Shax84; 2nd September 2013 at 17:10.

malacodor hitting aoe i guess my guild city has 2 strawmen close to each other. have some parses it did over 800 hits :P.

guess aoe range of reaper malacodor is considerable, didnt realy notice it to be honest.
    so i guess i was doing 1200-1300 dps single target.

i dont feat desecrated blood because i do more damage without it and actualy even using bd chest bfa5 usualy crits around 25-30% of the time without those 3 points at least for me.

what is puzzleing me is i did builds with 5 points in sustained rage and still scored higher with 5 points blighted soul, even despite it not doing much more dps with 5 points it seems to somehow proc more often or something.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

You're going to get a ton of procs hitting both straw men in the guild city. It is impossible to single target parse there.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Yep spawn a single strawman in hub cities and parse that way. Your main question is directly related to number of targets so spawn a single dummy.

ok thx ill check it out
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

sry noite but the critchance for blood for aid is one of the most important things^^ when u parse higher without it then u simply dont use the combo.

combat rating and therefore +%weapon dmg is just not important for dt thats pretty much it (and why sustained rage is not needed)

for a dt there is no such thing as "too much critchance" so get everything u can

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    sry noite but the critchance for blood for aid is one of the most important things^^ when u parse higher without it then u simply dont use the combo.

combat rating and therefore +%weapon dmg is just not important for dt thats pretty much it (and why sustained rage is not needed)

for a dt there is no such thing as "too much critchance" so get everything u can
    He did have 78 hits from BfA 5 and 31% crits on them. So seems like a lucky parse. I don't use BfA 5, but cycle BfA 4/3 because of 1 less combo step.

BfA crit chance is overrated IMO. The highest parses I've seen don't use it. When I say overrated I don't mean it is terrible, just that it isn't this thing that you absolutely 100% must have.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast