Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: tali tanking

Disclaimer: Not making fun of EU, just an observation.

It seems a lot of EU DT's haven't really caught onto the obscenity that is tali tanking/desecration tanking. 1700 is nothing too crazy when I managed to get this on my very first parse and I was doing an awful job of debuffing (two unhallowed blights in total!). This was done in Khemi on a single strawman so it's a 3 minute fight.

http://s22.postimg.org/8lm86ik9c/tali.jpg

Pots were running - though not my full typical T4 setup which runs the wisdom/crit damage pots. Spec was just my basic Zodiac tanking build which I can solo Zodiac on. Gear was full Indom except fearless Chest + BD helm, band of the immortals, band of celestial bureaucracy, watcher of the den, cloak of wakening nights. I have a second wisdom ring which would have done more DPS but I rarely run it due to lower and lower mitigation problems you run into. Best setup IMO is fearless majors, courageous shoulders/wrist, everything else indom so you can max out your wisdom accessories.

Spec is this:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...20ad1129c115bc
    Last edited by Boesch; 14th September 2013 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post

It seems a lot of EU DT's haven't really caught onto the obscenity that is tali tanking/desecration tanking. 1700 is nothing too crazy when I managed to get this on my very first parse and I was doing an awful job of debuffing (two unhallowed blights in total!). This was done in Khemi on a single strawman so it's a 3 minute fight.

Pots were running - though not my full typical T4 setup which runs the wisdom/crit damage pots. Spec was just my basic Zodiac tanking build which I can solo Zodiac on. Gear was full Indom except fearless Chest + BD helm, band of the immortals, band of celestial bureaucracy, watcher of the den, cloak of wakening nights. I have a second wisdom ring which would have done more DPS but I rarely run it due to lower and lower mitigation problems you run into. Best setup IMO is fearless majors, courageous shoulders/wrist, everything else indom so you can max out your wisdom accessories.

Spec is this:
    thank you.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Spec is this:
    What sort of combo rotation do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    What sort of combo rotation do you use?
    I don't really have combo rotations for anything except carnage conq which has 3 combos rotated endlessly...

Best damage combos are top 3 ranks of Life Leech. After that the two ranks of ASFOF and the top BFA with 2 steps. If you space it out right you should barely ever have to use two ranks of BFA, however it is a final filler if nothing else is up. DT is a 'bland' class IMO in that it plays itself - just rotate combos with no tricks and hey presto you win at everything.

Seems about pretty normal, Boesch. Test done with my normal tanking setup (55,7% mitigation/387 bonus unholy spell damage): Fearless souls chest, legs and helm, Courageous souls wrists, shoulders, feet and belt, Indomitable hands, Cape of Eleven Fallen Heroes, Set's Perversion, Band of Immortals and Band of the Celestial Bureaucracy, East Cleave and Censer tali with only crit pot running, result is about the same as you:

Strawman in Conarch

Specc
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Spec is this:
    Thanks! The difference of our parses (mine and yours) are solemnly gear. I have only khitai gear on my DT, and to get mitigation of 54-55%, there is not much room for wisdom/magic damage gear. At 50.1% thats a different story, I get room for 500-600 magic damage then. Also my parse is without potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekorn View Post
    Seems about pretty normal, Boesch. Test done with my normal tanking setup (55,7% mitigation/387 bonus unholy spell damage): Fearless souls chest, legs and helm, Courageous souls wrists, shoulders, feet and belt, Indomitable hands, Cape of Eleven Fallen Heroes, Set's Perversion, Band of Immortals and Band of the Celestial Bureaucracy, East Cleave and Censer tali with only crit pot running, result is about the same as you:

Strawman in Conarch

Specc
    Yep

Just seems a lot of push back on the forums when you say you can solo tank zodiac and do 2200-2400 (or higher) DPS

The class just basically plays itself, very simple in the end.

Yep

Just seems a lot of push back on the forums when you say you can solo tank zodiac and do 2200-2400 (or higher) DPS

The class just basically plays itself, very simple in the end.
    Never been above 2k dps (selective parse) while tanking Zodiac, but I guess it can be done if you're not a noob like me

Been above 2k for periodes when people manage to actually hold the symbol on top of the boss, but that's not all that common, sadly.
    Last edited by Ekorn; 14th September 2013 at 17:52.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Strawman in Conarch

Specc
    Boesch does give good advice. We've been tanking this way for quite some time now.

As a general rule I swap in more wisdom gear if my mitigation gets over 54%. I normally run 53.7% mitigation 712 unholy, or put an Immortals ring on to get me over 54% for the hard hitters. I rarely ever equip a shield anymore, talisman is in every one of my builds now including protection along with the oyster mucus.

I tried an almost identical build you linked here. What I noticed immediately which affected my dps greatly was the fact I was missing Shadowed Blade. My hex damage on the parse was less than half the damage Boesch done with it specced. I've only done quick checks on strawmen and damage difference wasnt all that great, but on long boss fights it was a huge difference.

Also, personally i've found it not really necessary to use 3 points in Desecrated Blood for the BFA crit chance as I only BFA4 if all else is on cooldown or there is a triple unshielded right side.
    Last edited by Salamanda; 19th September 2013 at 01:08.

Never been above 2k dps (selective parse) while tanking Zodiac, but I guess it can be done if you're not a noob like me

Been above 2k for periodes when people manage to actually hold the symbol on top of the boss, but that's not all that common, sadly.
    This is very surprising to me and given you did just over 1800 on a strawman it should be surprising to you too. I would guess that you are doing selective parsing differently (may I say incorrectly?).

If you can do 1831 with no team buffs and next to no debuffs on the strawman, you are going to smash that amount when you have vision of the sky / rune of aggression / caco / resonance / conq buffs etc. etc. as well as fully debuffed target. PLUS you also have a secondary target nearby that even if you aren't hitting directly any AOE procs are generating VOM stacks on you anyway which assists your DPS on the primary target.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast