Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newly retuned to AoC, Looking for group PvP, etc...

Default Newly returned to AoC, Looking for group PvP, etc...

I've been away from gaming awhile, due to various... I want to get back into it, and remembering that last time I tried Age of Conan, I could never seem to find any PvP going on!

BACKGROUND: I love PvP, the whole idea of playing against a real person and their skills rather than NPC's... I played WoW several years, mostly Protection Paladin crazy shield-throwin' HIGH DPS style of play, and Battleground and Arena Tanking. I teamed with a longtime RL friend and his wife, and over the years had a lot of fun.

But time came when they weren't playing much, and I wasn't getting much out of solo play... I tried a few other games (RIFT, was ok; DDO, very little PvP, and what is there is just dueling with no balance at all) and then found AoC. Being a longtime Conan/Robert E. Howard fan, it seemed/seems perfect for me.

So I played AoC awhile--long enough to see that I like the game, but not long enough to experience the PvP, really. That was December/January...

Then tragedy struck. My friends mentioned above were both killed in a terrible situation. I've tried going back to WoW, played long enough to get my Main up to 90, but... but I'm always reminded of them when I play WoW...

So yesterday I remembered AoC, and thought I should try getting back into it. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

I have a few characters on Set. Just now logged in for first time in 7 months or so, and STILL looks like no PvP available (all say 0/12)... I'm in the US. What server should I try, to get some good, REGULAR, PvP?

I have played Barbarian up to 22 so far, on Set. Thinking of starting anew, as a Conqueror. I'm just looking for some ideas, and again, for what server to try in order to find the PvP I crave...

Thank you!
    Last edited by Urthling; 27th August 2013 at 20:23.

I don't play on the US servers myself, but from what i've heard PvP on Set is really not that popular, since it's a PvE server.
    You have to roll a character on Tyranny, which is a PvP server, and there you will have the content you seek.

About the character to play, conq seems a safe choice, since the class has been buffed through the roof.

Mellaus, Right on! So what is "Blood and Glory PvP" on the Deathwish server?

I love PvP in its more organized sense (dueling, battleground-type play). I'm looking to level up without having to fight random gankers every time I turn around... I mean, I like PvP, but not to the point of being stressed because one cannot seem to do anything without being ganked and then camped...
    Last edited by sed-the-blindman; 27th August 2013 at 16:06.

This is not a very good game for pvp sadly. It exists but is far from good. You should probably try another game for it. AoC is best played for having cool looking adventures in dungeons/raids, everything else is frankly mediocre to bad.

Cins, I hear ya. But I don't know that many games, and out of the ones I know, I like the customization of AoC the best. I also dig the combat movement style, different from other games I've played. I like to level with quests and so forth, and I'm all for dungeons and raids, I just wanna have some fun in PvP when I can!

You won't find better dungeons and raids anywhere else, so you got half in the bag but I dunno where you can get your pvp fix. You might even enjoy the pvp that exists in AoC, it's always a possibility.

There'll be a merge pretty soon and all murrican servers will join europeans (or the other way around depending on perspective). That may or may not liven up pvp server but pve server will surely have good population.

If you go to Tyranny, i heard it is kinda empty. But is it best choice for you atm. Cause merge is soon and Tyranny merges into Fury EU pvp which is healthy

Okay, lemme ask this: I found in WoW that I just didn't care much for clothies or ranged, and I'm just not a healer. Had the most fun as a Paladin, Tanking PvE (as long as I know what I'm up against, LMAO) and PvP.

I know there's always gonna be times when ya feel like a class is OP, or conversely, nerfed. But for overall enjoyment, I love melee classes, and want to do well in my renewed AoC interest. I want a class that can be a great PvE Tank, or DPS, AS WELL AS be viable in PvP.

I rolled a Barbarian because, well... its Conan! But not sure about playstyle. I've never been much of a Rogue type.

I want a dang good melee fighter who can tank. That's what I want.

OR... Explain how a Barbarian can be played as a badass fighter without too much rogue stuff worrying about?

Suggestions?

I think I saw a thread about classes or something around here. I wonder where that went...

It is Conq or Barb for you.

Conq is all around machine with one of top dps + no weakness at all

Barb is fast cc machine whos job is to chase runners/support team with stun/knock locks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast