Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does Dt, SK ability have time limit?

Default Why does Dt, SK ability have time limit?

Funcom needs to change the scarab knight ability to run all the time like the necro's, hoxes, vom, and so many other aa abilities do. I mean it's nice but why only 25sec out of a min, I mean more people would use it if it would actually be useful. With all the buffs vom gets and runs 100% of the time, why does sk not even run for half the time, I mean sk isn't even that great (one proc form a stacked vom magic attack does as much as sk which only hits 2x a min? Funcom should really change this, also, it would be a cool social ability to have a dt with scarabs buzzing around him all the time even if the ability isn't worth anything.

I want stall the advance for guard beeing active too all the time
    ...ah and prince of terror for Hox too ...

...and misure other gold class abilities on the most overpowered perk in tho whole AASystem is pure FAIL
    Last edited by Ghola; 27th August 2013 at 07:17.

Default You are missing the point

You are missing the point, if no one uses it, it means IT SUCKS. If ppl use it as much as vom, then it means that it is still good. In your frame of mind, I take that you would think that Blood Shroud on the DT is just as good as vom -edited by Grizzly-.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 2nd September 2013 at 14:14.

I'm not even sure if the other AAs suck, it's just that they are not VOM.

Base power of the class (without AAs) is low.

VOM is obscene.

Why use other AAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I'm not even sure if the other AAs suck, it's just that they are not VOM.

Base power of the class (without AAs) is low.

VOM is obscene.

Why use other AAs.
    QFT

/10char
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    You are missing the point, if no one uses it, it means IT SUCKS. If ppl use it as much as vom, then it means that it is still good. In your frame of mind, I take that you would think that Blood Shroud on the DT is just as good as vom -edited by Grizzly-.
    The outlier isn't the DTs other abilities. The outlier is VOM. If VOM wasn't so absurdly OP compared to every other classes gold perks, the other DT AAs wouldn't be nearly as weak. Which reduces your argument to being DTs should have several incredibly OP AA skills, instead of just one.

Still, many of the DT-specif AA sucks really bad. Even if VoM was nerfed, there's not THAT much option left. The ideas are there, but some of them are seriously so underpowered it's ridiculous. (and I don't mean "so underpowered" as in "so underpowered compared to VoM", they just are too weak to be a interesting choice.

Small tweaks are required to make Death Lord + Sanguine Infusion a viable option. Scarab Knight and Blood Shroud needs a complete re-think. Unwilling Sacrifice and Crimson Succor.. Well come on!

* Remove +125% crit dmg from VoM and replace with +10% hate. Remove +250 magic damage and add +250 strength and make this the melee tanking AA.
    * Buff Death Lord to give more base spell damage bonus. After all CoA hits from 109-163. PoM 31-40. 7,5% at rank 5 is too low. I don't know what the base spell damage of Sadistic Soul is.
    * Buff Sanguine Infusion to +100% damage of AoDF and make it AoE damage.
    * Scarab Knight could be a toggle stance like frog form of Necros. Add VoM buffs to this stance except bias it towards magic tanking, and the buffs should be + wisdom, + protection, + immunity, etc..
    * Blood Shroud complete pile of ****. What was the thought behind this? A Priest mana regen wannabe skill that you got to channel for 5 seconds and gain 1500 mana? Scrap and redo! Maybe make a better version of Blood Pact that give +100% physical stamina and +100% physical mana drain as well as +100% physical health drain. Or maybe an improved version of Soul Barrier. Maybe instant skill that give + 500 natural mana regen for 20,5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Still, many of the DT-specif AA sucks really bad. Even if VoM was nerfed, there's not THAT much option left. The ideas are there, but some of them are seriously so underpowered it's ridiculous. (and I don't mean "so underpowered" as in "so underpowered compared to VoM", they just are too weak to be a interesting choice.
    They are worthless for a lot of classes.

But until they nerf Vom, there's really nothing to discuss. Making the other perks better would make an already silly OP class even moreso. Nerf Vom, then maybe changes to scarab knight, etc might make sense. As of now, doing anything to upgrade the class makes zero sense.

Default Not making dt more op, just want more options than just one

I'm not hear to say the DT needs a buff by any means, I just like to have a class where there are more options than just one, it basically makes the class less boring. I mean if everyone started using sk then yah, maybe dt needs a nerf, sense vom is no longer used, but sense sk is never used then that means that there is no other option than vom with sense. The point is, if ppl used an equal amount of both vom and sk (after a revamp) then I would say that the dt has more options and it wasn't buffed either. So ppl wouldn't always play the class the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast