Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbs have been Terribly Nerfed after Energy Revamp

Default Barbs have been Terribly Nerfed after Energy Revamp

The barb has been terribly nerfed after energy revamp due to 2 abilities: bone shatter & predatory instincts.

1st (and only slight) What is the point of having predatory instincts if you can't even get energy out of your 300+ stamina regen? Plus, I don't even use a stamina pot in pvp so it shows how useless it is. The 15% evade is nice but not worth half the feat point consumption when that 300+ stamina is no longer converted into sprinting power.

(2nd and very major) That is bad, but not near as bad as what happened to bone shatter. This used to be an AMAZING combo removing stamina pots. This basically makes it so everyone in aoe area can't sprint but for the duration of their stamina pool cuz they will have nothing to gain stamia back with unless they had a good healer. So if you are fighting a lot of melee on the other team, bone shatter would be a great debuff curse so your team can sprint and theirs can't. Also in duals, I could remove stamia pots, place wrecks on soldiers, run away (they couldn't follow for long) come back with my stacks held via determination and finish them off with full life from zerker. That is no more folks. There is little way i can get a tank of me now. If you have arcane maradur, you will get speed buff but only if the opponent crits you and even still you will run out of energy way too soon compared to what it was like when theirs was cursed. Funcom needs to totally revamp the bone shatter or the barb is screwed to what it was. (. . .and why did funcom remove kb root and other things from barb and make conqs so op like they are the poor things, but different discussion entirely)

I have sent many petitions about this issue and emails with no action so I am depending on the community to help me here. Thanks for reading and plz only barb players respond. (even though that won't happen)

Agree with what he said, I think this might have slipped from under devs' radar when they introduced sprint revamp, it should have been a slip for sure since it's wasting the nice AA they themselves designed and deemed necessary for barbs (bone shatter)

Almost everyone is full stam with a potion and casters don't have it so all features working against stam should now go against energy instead.

I have to agree, but must add other classes should also be looked at since stam is usless now.

The fix to that is not to have these abilities affecting energy. Barb has enough mobility as it is.

The fix to this is : to make the stamina ressource relevant again. It is just impossible for any class (even a class that does not have specific stamina management tools) to run out of stamina ever. On the other hand, mana is a ressource that has to be managed so much more carefully to the point that sometimes using Dash is a luxury...

=> Increase overall stamina cost of combos and/or reduce the amount of stam/stam regen granted by const/strength/dexterity and it will be relevant again to spec for the huge stamina regen abilities of the barb or to deprive a stamina user from its stamina pot.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    The fix to that is not to have these abilities affecting energy. Barb has enough mobility as it is.

The fix to this is : to make the stamina ressource relevant again. It is just impossible for any class (even a class that does not have specific stamina management tools) to run out of stamina ever. On the other hand, mana is a ressource that has to be managed so much more carefully to the point that sometimes using Dash is a luxury...

=> Increase overall stamina cost of combos and/or reduce the amount of stam/stam regen granted by const/strength/dexterity and it will be relevant again to spec for the huge stamina regen abilities of the barb or to deprive a stamina user from its stamina pot.
    Hell no!

Then we will have the same problems as before. Barb is not a stamina leech character, it is a mobile/cc/dps character. The mobility and cc is there, but dps was gimped after combo cancelling was removed.

People that were not fast enough to get it, complained because fast paced pvp was not their thing. Combat was slowed down, like it has many times before, at the cost of awareness and dps. You had to be aware of your situation and know whwn to move, or else you lost dps and took damage. Now, whether you move or not, you still lose dps and take damage.

I vote to put it back and speed up combat. I hate the stand still and spam buttons until you or your foe dies mentality that wow has created.

/sadness

Funcom should just work on getting stamina usable again. Increase its usage on combos, maybe.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Funcom should just work on getting stamina usable again. Increase its usage on combos, maybe.

Yes! Slow things down moar! Excellent idea!

/wowpart2

I agree with Ieronon. Having stamina management would be better if it's well done. But anyway i'm not a huge fan of the new sprint system. I would have liked it better the other way round. Stamina stays sprinting ressource but energy becomes the new combo pool.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I would have liked it better the other way round. Stamina stays sprinting ressource but energy becomes the new combo pool.
    Do you mean you'd rather have sprinting more feat/gear dependant and the number of combos you can chain mostly unnaffected by feats/gear (which is kind of how it is now : not affected by anything other than being naked or not ) ?
    -- Ieronon, QQror --

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Yes! Slow things down moar! Excellent idea!

/wowpart2
    I don't see how making stamina management again would slow things down more. Movement will be the same (since it's energy based). You will perform combos at the same rate. Only thing is that if the fights goes on and on and on, the party that manages its stamina the worst will have an issue (so probably a faster outcome ! ha ha)

Note that I wouldn't consider such a change a barb nerf, because after all, barb can invest in some tremendous stamina regen feats that would make him mostly unnaffected by it. This would more probably be a soldier nerf ("soldier" a.k.a. "currently dominating archetype"). Energy revamp made soldiers much more mobile while lack of mobility is IMO supposed to be the main disadvantage supposed to compensate for their superior mitigation. The reintroduction of stamina management would hopefully either make soldiers weaker in the long run (by stamina depletion) or less mobile by limiting their use of Dash.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast