Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game is too hard. Make it easier

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Because just because you are set in a T4 raiding guild, doesn't mean everyone else is enjoying the game also...because wiping on Levi 5 times in a row is just annoying. THIS IS A PROBLEM. Since people quit the game because of this. If people quit the game YOU QUIT the game since the game shuts down. Why is this so difficult to understand?

But it doesn't matter, even the Vets will leave the game once the next-gen MMOs start piling out.
    Finally someone who understands the point I'm trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Oh if we got a nickle everytime we've heard that
    Yeah..but this time I think it's serious. Have you seen the trailers/demos for these games... they are INSANE...like playing in a whole different ballpark. (although ESO was bit of a disappointment) we'll see when they all get released...lots of players will scramble from game to game, when the dust settles will AoC's pop remain intact? Who knows, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Because just because you are set in a T4 raiding guild, doesn't mean everyone else is enjoying the game also...because wiping on Levi 5 times in a row is just annoying. THIS IS A PROBLEM. Since people quit the game because of this. If people quit the game YOU QUIT the game since the game shuts down. Why is this so difficult to understand?

But it doesn't matter, even the Vets will leave the game once the next-gen MMOs start piling out.
    If you wipe on Levi, thats due to bad explanations or simply people that don't know what to do, or wipe the raid on purpose. The tactics on all bosses in game are easily available on the web, and any raid leader that don't take time to make sure people know what to do in a pug is at best ignorant and naive.

If you guys continue to attack guilds or individual members in this thread I will shut it down.

Keep your discussion to the OP and the ideas suggested there. If you drift off again, I will shut it down.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I just had a quick read.. but I mostly agree with the main topic.
    Yes, game is too hard and requires too much grinding.
    It's a game, not a job.
    And grinding and too high difficuty level are part of the reason why people is leaving.
    Elitism? Yes it exists, I'd say most of people feels "Elite", I know really lot of Elitist, especially from PvE side of the game.
    Damn I'd really like game to be easier so I could just join groups and enjoy some fun action together and also some fail.
    Too much "I have done this instance 1.456.345 times, my DPS was 1.234, so 200 DPS highest than yours, you failed emote/FH/TW blablabla, you don't get aggro, you lock aggro and dldon't stop DPS, you are good but that's why you play OP class so nerf it and especially spell x, you are s**t so I don't listen you, lol can't you use CC?".

"Lol you can't use CC?"

Wtf is there to 'LOL'???
    It's a game ffs, sit and relax.

Yes sorry, game is too crowed of this to the point that it's hard to just enjoy a group, relax and even enjoy some fail time by time.
    Well, "Elites" still enjoy groups, but that's mostly only because join elite contributes to build even more their elite feeling.

Thanks God sometimes I still can have decent group with nice and friendly people.

But yeah, please nerf content like hell if that can reduce "Elitism" in this game.
    I would damn like to join groups with fresh lvl 80s without the vear gap etc.

Well.. probaly I'm just a fail player and that's the reason of my point of view, and/or probably I'm just too much bored of "Elites" in a videogame.

You want the truth?
    I'd not want game to be nerfed, probably it's not too hard and grinding should be tuned but it's not too bad too... but damn yeah I'd want it to be so easier so I could not see any "eliter" anymore.. wait to buy more good player who don't feel the need to "LOL" at normal people, and players who don't need to feel "God" because they don't do errors after they have repeated the same instance 1.000.000 times (LOL, kinda more LOL ).
    Last edited by Calore; 25th August 2013 at 23:10.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    I just had a quick read.. but I mostly agree with the main topic.
    Yes, game is too hard and requires too much grinding.
    It's a game, not a job.
    And grinding and too high difficuty level are part of the reason why people is leaving.
    Elitism? Yes it exists, I'd say most of people feels "Elite".
    I know a lot of people who feels elite, and damn I'd really like game to be easier so I should just join groups and enjoy some fun action together and also some fail.
    Too much "I have done this instance 1.456.345 times, my DPS was 1.234, so 200 DPS highest than yours, you failed emote/FH/TW blablabla, you don't get aggro, you lock aggro and dldon't stop DPS, you are good but that's why you play OP class so nerf it and especially spell x, you are s**t so I don't listen you, lol can't you use CC?".

Yes sorry, game is too crowed of this to the point that it's hard to just enjoy a group, relax and even enjoy some fail time by time.
    Well, "Elites" still enjoy groups, but that's mostly only because join elite contributes to build even more their elite feeling.

That's God sometimes I still can have decent group with nice and friendly people.

But yeah, please nerf content like hell if that can reduce "Elitism" in this game.
    I would damn like to join groups with fresh lvl 80s without the vear gap etc.

Well.. probaly I'm just a fail player and that's the reason of my point of view, and/or probably I'm just too much bored of "Elites" in a videogame.
    I honestly think that would just make more people leave. If there is no challenge or point to get better, why play the game? How can you stand wiping over and over.

I have been in all ranges of skill in groups, why would you not want to run with the people that are going to get it done. I have every class except Sin nearly full khitai and some toons are completely full khitai.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Back to topic:

I don't agree with the OP's suggestions about solo dungeons/alts on B&G servers etc... but I also believe that the game is too hard. I have different suggestions though.

For starters, t3.5 is a beautiful instance and the gear is quite nice as well. However, it is way too hard. I think clearing Jade Citadel is much easier than clearing Temple of Elrik. The gear in t4 is also obviously much better. This makes absolutely no sense! There is a great piece of content that most of the player base have not experienced beyond wiping on trash. It should be scaled down to a level of difficulty between t3 and t4. This would encourage more guilds to go there and I'm sure it would be a welcoming change for people who haven't seen it yet.

Rather than nerfing dungeons that are done less (like jade/coppice) make faction vendors sell all epic pieces of faction gear, like pants which are now purchasable with rares and moa. (And it is dungeon gear please no more moa requirement on those, 196 rare tokens and 5/10 gold is fair). Therefore, people can do hard modes and collect rares towards a goal rather than being frustrated with stupid drops.

There are enough solo dungeons in the game and new players are better served by joining groups to experience instances. With the recent changes rares can accumulate pretty fast. Keep in mind, in groups chances are new players can learn more about the game and their toons which is always better.

I also think that the game will not experience a new influx of players. However, still improvements can be made to encourage more people to stick around. Please keep in mind that most of the problems we discuss here can be solved by a larger population. In this gaming environment, that can only be sustained by a better and working F2P system. For example, make Northern Grasslands and all the instances in it accessible to F2P. This would give f2p players a glimpse of the more interesting fights in khitai, actual faction gameplay, acceptable quality of gear. If NG is made f2p, veterans whose subs have run out can still log in to the game and do some stuff which would be beneficial for them (rare/moa grind) and they stay relevant during an unsubbed period. Chances are more people will resub if they keep playing the game while they're out of premium.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Yes, well that is true. You might struggle getting a group for old world lvl 80 dungeons if you are not in a guild that can help you with this. I have nothing against helping a new guild member with old world instances on a fully geared character.

But there is a route that a new player should follow, and the new player need to accept that there is content with various difficulty at end game. There is a big difference between Atzel's Fort and Ardashir Fort.
    Amen to that

All the old world dungeons have 30 minute cooldowns now. Why can't solo progression be sped up so new players can enjoy 6mans?

30 minute cooldown on minigame badges would be good too.

Being a comp sci myself, I'm just trying to make suggestions that are easy to program.
    Last edited by JohnPayne; 26th August 2013 at 04:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Elitism? Yes it exists, I'd say most of people feels "Elite", I know really lot of Elitist, especially from PvE side of the game.
    I have no idea who invented the term "elitist/elitism". Is it a replacement word for a veteran? It does take a lot of time and focus in this game to get good on playing a class and accumulate the gear needed to play the character at the highest level. Who does not want to play on the highest level, compete in the hardest fight for the best gear? It is the whole point, right? To feel the rush when the Boss you practiced for weeks finally goes down!

Yes it is a game and not a job, but different people appreciates different challenges. I started playing Age of Conan in november 2008, and was quite a noob for at least the first year, since AOC was my first MMO game and I was totally clueless on a crappy computer. I can remember this, and I have respect for new players without experience. Some learn the game quicker than others, some has a natural skillset/brain "made" for MMOs that make them good at anything they play, it being AoC or Call of Duty or Starcraft. Others might not be as "gifted" but thanks to the various instances listed on the links in my previous post, the game is doable for everyone. Just not all the content. It is a difficult game and you can't expect to sail through quests in Paikang or KK with blue gear! It takes time to get good skills and good gear, thats how the game is designed so just live with it or don't.

So, what makes a player an "elitist"? Is it being experienced and geared, or is it being an 4$$hole towards other players? Is it having the interest in the game to focus enough and watch for spell effects and debuffs and take appropriate actions? Is it by dedicating enough time to learn tactics before you go in-game and do the dungeons/raids? Just curious what people mean by the term when they use it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast