Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the ultimate DT solo tank group in a raid situation

Default the ultimate DT solo tank group in a raid situation

Just wondering to myself which classes I'd want in my group if I was planning on solo tanking and also how I'd like them feated. This is specifically for a des/gen tali tank build.

The obvious first two choices are bear and tos. Bear for vision of sky, rune of aggression, blood thirst heal combo, and feated ether theft. Since mana is such a bitch for des/gen tali spec, a tos with coalesce ether. I'm probably missing other tos group benefits but coalesce ether alone is enough to warrant a spot.

So three spots left and this is where I'm not so sure anymore. For starters, does PoM manifestation of mitra, blessing of mitra, or glowing radiance affect people not in your immediate group? If those buffs can be raid wide, you're really only missing out on litany of protection and possibly the extra 500hp from a veng/gen spec PoM.

So who else would it be? Conq for crit and crit dmg buffs? Guard for weapon buffs? Is demo worth a spot for caco + unholy hate + mage shield? I feel I'm probably missing some great group buffs from the rogues that I just can't recall off the top of my head.

Please do not consider hate buffs like vindicator or whatever it is as holding aggro should not be the issue.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Demo, Bear, ToS, Conq (DPS buffs), guard. Maybe a ranger instead of something for flanking if you want that.. Not too far away from what I want for group as barb/sin..

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Demo, Bear, ToS, Conq (DPS buffs), guard. Maybe a ranger instead of something for flanking if you want that.. Not too far away from what I want for group as barb/sin..
    Oh yeah flanking... for some reason blanked out and thought healers AA buffed soldiers.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

To be honest, I think I'd take the PoM over a BS. Vengeance PoM can use Manifestation of Mitra which would give you an additional 5% crit rating. A good PoM would also out DPS a BS.

PoM over ToS sure, I like that way more. But PoM over BS not unless I have to go with only one healer in group and more hit rating is something I would like to have.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Manifestation of Mitra: AoE around the PoM, no need to be in the group.
    Blessing of Mitra: Targetted Friendly Spell, no need to be in the group.
    Glowing Radiance: AoE around the PoM, no need to be in the group.

Tell me again, except for the hit rating buff, why do you want a PoM in your group?

Also, having poms in groups where groupheals doesn't matter that much makes them able to dish out more dps.
    Last edited by Ekorn; 24th August 2013 at 13:45. Reason: PoMs...
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekorn View Post
    Manifestation of Mitra: AoE around the PoM, no need to be in the group.
    Blessing of Mitra: Targetted Friendly Spell, no need to be in the group.
    Glowing Radiance: AoE around the PoM, no need to be in the group.

Tell me again, except for the hit rating buff, why do you want a PoM in your group?

Also, having poms in groups where groupheals doesn't matter that much makes them able to dish out more dps.
    Yeah that's why I was asking about a pom in the op. I see the tool tip using terms like 'friendly targets'so I wasn't sure if that was group or raid. Thanks for the clarification.

So do the rogues bring anything besides flanking? Armageddon falls seems raid wide as well as the ranger buffs. Do sins have group only buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Yeah that's why I was asking about a pom in the op. I see the tool tip using terms like 'friendly targets'so I wasn't sure if that was group or raid. Thanks for the clarification.

So do the rogues bring anything besides flanking? Armageddon falls seems raid wide as well as the ranger buffs. Do sins have group only buffs?
    both ranger and barb provide group buffs increasing weapon damage, sins only have the raid wide +50% hate to all soldiers in defensive stance perk cover of dusk.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post

Only nice thing sins have going for them is "Cover Of Dusk", aoe hate increase for soldiers in defensive + hate decrease/evade rating for themselves, so no need to put them in any specific group to get buffs.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast