Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the ultimate DT solo tank group in a raid situation

Litany/Shield of Brilliance is nice and probably underrated really. As for hit rating, if you're over 20% more isn't really necessary. Even if debuff is skipped on Zodiac you're still over 15%. On the other hand, ever since T4 I've been of the opinion that you can never have enough hit rating.

ToS has nice buffs though, it's not all about coalesce. Actually I'd want in that group on ToS or PoM so I can slack on greens (BS and demo job) .

So in conclusion the OP has decided NOT to include guardian as even a possible candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So in conclusion the OP has decided NOT to include guardian as even a possible candidate.
    Why should he?
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

A thread called "the ultimate DT solo tank group in a raid situation" placed in the dark templar sub section should mention guard ?
    Odd.

The guys a troll, the sooner people ignore his posts the sooner he will stop craving attention.

For solotanking how about this:

PoM for Blessing of Mitra and Litany.
    Conq for crit buff
    Demo for Cacodemon and Unholy Hate and pet heal.
    Barb for Flanking
    ToS for Idol magic damage, Force of Lightning, Storm Regalia w/Thunder Storm.

Desecration DT's damage is predominantly unholy ~60%. Less than 15% will be from white hits/combos. Anything to buff magic damage will help the most.

Might want to look closely at gear as well - once you have enough mitigation, magic/wisdom gear is more valuable.

PoM's Vengeful Blessing (fully feated Blessing of Mitra) is excellent because of the base spell bonus damage. PoM doesn't have to be in same group to cast that on the tank. Not sure what the lockout is on the buff, i.e. whether it makes sense to have more than one PoM feat it and use it on same tank before other PoM's cooldown expires.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Blessing is raid wide, yes? I don't think litany is worth giving up the bear shaman vision of sky buff and rune of aggression. While it may be true (not sure myself) that 60% of tali des/gen dmg comes from unholy, the physical health tap will always be way above magical health tap. Those + weapon dmg %'s from the BS are priceless.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    PoM's Vengeful Blessing (fully feated Blessing of Mitra) is excellent because of the base spell bonus damage. PoM doesn't have to be in same group to cast that on the tank. Not sure what the lockout is on the buff, i.e. whether it makes sense to have more than one PoM feat it and use it on same tank before other PoM's cooldown expires.
    Of course. Did not think of that, the PoM can use that spell regardless of being in the group or not. Bear Shaman would then be the better choice. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Blessing is raid wide, yes? I don't think litany is worth giving up the bear shaman vision of sky buff and rune of aggression. While it may be true (not sure myself) that 60% of tali des/gen dmg comes from unholy, the physical health tap will always be way above magical health tap. Those + weapon dmg %'s from the BS are priceless.
    Blessing of Mitra is single target and provides the target and self with +100% weapon damage and +25% magic damage and also 20% damage deflection, all effects lasts for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Pretty sure it only increases the damage of the person it's being cast on. It can be used on anyone in the raid though.

I think you're thinking of Glowing Radiance.

And as far as the BS/PoM argument goes...I think it really depends your gear/weapons. Assuming Khitai gear and an Ibis(which is the standard setup for most DT's outside of t4), the PoM might be a better choice for the hit rating. Because it doesn't matter how many weapon damage buffs you receive, if you get dodged, parried etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast