Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Basics!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    The over reaches don't give a bonus to crit chance man.

Powerhouse gives crit chance. Melee increase, and when you get critical hits with what ever combo, your upping your crit bonus damage.

The benefit of using Guard destroyer, and then popping powerhouse on the 1st over reach after the Gaurd destroyer, you have a 45% crit chance, not including your passive crit chance "my guards at about 10% ish" so 55% crit chance.

This will more than likely allow your over reach to crit, stacking the crit bonus damage and then you using titanic smash "which already crits really high and hard" will crit even harder etc.

Anyway, what I just explained is in the OP already. I just didn't explain Guard destroyer well enough I guess. maybe I will give more info on this.
    So, what you're saying is. If I JUST do GD then titanic smash my crit damage for TS was 50. But if I do GD->OR V -> OR IV and then titanic smash my + to crit damage (the stat itself not the actual damage done) for TS increases to 100, thereby giving me bigger damage with TS all around?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So, what you're saying is. If I JUST do GD then titanic smash my crit damage for TS was 50. But if I do GD->OR V -> OR IV and then titanic smash my + to crit damage (the stat itself not the actual damage done) for TS increases to 100, thereby giving me bigger damage with TS all around?
    Yes, that is correct.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Yes, that is correct.
    Note I did not mention Powerhouse in that example because I wanted to understand that it wasn't the bonuses from powerhouse that was giving the + crit damage but the Overreaches that were doing it. Wow...this is all very fascinating. They should REALLY add that bit of critical info to the tooltip.

Note I did not mention Powerhouse in that example because I wanted to understand that it wasn't the bonuses from powerhouse that was giving the + crit damage but the Overreaches that were doing it. Wow...this is all very fascinating. They should REALLY add that bit of critical info to the tooltip.
    Your just trying to confuse people. Respect is completely gone now. You know damn good and well what is going on.

YES POWERHOUSE IS MANDATORY FOR THE CRIT BONUS DAMAGE TO BE APPLIED, IT IS NOT THE DAMN OVER REACHES THEMSELVES.

Literally, your on my **** list now. You won't get a further response from me.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 21st August 2013 at 23:05.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Can a GM please remove this dudes posts? He is trying to purposely confuse any new sub's playing the game.

The following is written on the tooltip of Powerhouse: "Also, when this effect is active the guardian's critical hits will increase their Critical Bonus Damage for a short while."

So what's said here is:
    Do Guard Destroyer + Powerhouse ==> Get more Critical Rating for Overreach
    --> Use Overreach ==> More critical hits to trigger Critical Bonus Damage from Powerhouse
    --> Use Titanic Smash, which will most likely crit with all this Crit Rating stacked and it will benefit from Powerhouse's Critical Bonus Damage.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    The following is written on the tooltip of Powerhouse: "Also, when this effect is active the guardian's critical hits will increase their Critical Bonus Damage for a short while."

So what's said here is:
    --> Use Overreach ==> More critical hits to trigger Critical Bonus Damage from Powerhouse
    --> Use Titanic Smash, which will most likely crit with all this Crit Rating stacked and it will benefit from Powerhouse's Critical Bonus Damage.
    Thank you for describing it man. But seriously speaking, he was trolling.

Thanks very much though dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post

So what's said here is:
    Thank you so much for this clarification. I'm just starting out on my journey as the mighty guardian and hope to one day be as good as Schou. Thank you.

I only have one question regarding the build. With the addition of f2p, why even bother putting points into both Stone Skin and Iron Skin?

I think it would be better to maximize each one with a different spec. Similar to these spec's:

http://goo.gl/1wpnh5
    http://goo.gl/F7ZUdU

Adds a bit more DPS while not sacrificing tankability.

The link for the basic build in the OP is broken.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast