Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Basics!

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Thank you so much for this clarification. I'm just starting out on my journey as the mighty guardian and hope to one day be as good as Schou. Thank you.
    You starting now your journey as a guardian ehhh?
    Then why the **** you have flooded forums with guardian is obsolete class compared to dt,conqs-fix funcom-qq posts ?
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Do you not use counterstrikes? I thought it was a good combo. Its not a criticism, Im only asking, I've been Guard lvl 80 less than 24 hours .
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Do you not use counterstrikes? I thought it was a good combo. Its not a criticism, Im only asking, I've been Guard lvl 80 less than 24 hours .
    in my experience using them lowers your agro and you realy dont get any visible bonus from even trying to stack all the combo debuffs on target(you can use all 4 ranks of this combo).
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Counter strikes USE to be a good combo. Now it's meh at best.

But to be serious for a sec, Schou's build is not ideal if you got 2 specs (through sub or if you bought one off the FC store). Alternate between filling up Iron or Stoneskin and use the rest of the points to fill up your damage feats in jugg tree.

With F2Pers in mind with one spec only. Move 2 points out of improved defense and put them into Ironskin. There are 3 raid bosses that a F2Per can do Yakhmar/Champion/Kylikki, only Kylikki needs the stoneskin imo.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 24th August 2013 at 13:41.

I'm not exactly sure why my OP's link to the build wasn't working. I just fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

As for the the build its self.

You can change a point here, and a point there. But honestly, this post is for F2P and also new players in general. The build gives surviveability for both physical, and protection.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 2nd October 2013 at 22:42.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Just a bump on this thread. I have seen a quite a few tanks in T3,2,1 raids that desperately need some help on aggro.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Got any tips for a Polearm-Guard, Schou? Apart from going S&B, of course

I'm weird like that. Always trying to ice-skate uphill.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Got any tips for a Polearm-Guard, Schou? Apart from going S&B, of course

I'm weird like that. Always trying to ice-skate uphill.
    LOL, Ive not put alot of time into the pole arm guard rotation etc. But the idea of aggro changes when you do the swap from SS to PA.

Your going down the line of dps, and pulling with just dps, your built in threat via the combo Guard Destroyer goes away, and Shield slam goes away. So my advice will be simple yet forseable.

Do as much dps as you can possibly do, and crit as much as you can as well.

I'll look into and test the pole arm spec's/rotations some time soon. Although, the benefits of doing pole arm is a slight increase in dps. But a huge loss of survive ability and aggro. Although some will try and contest these. But I'm not going to even try and ruin my game experience by debating something that's been going on for such a long time.

Fair enough

I'm just curious, as everyone says that it's impossible to tank with a polearm, yet I still remember 3-4 years back when everyone did it :P True, the game HAS changed, especially after Khitai, but still. Polearm ftw.

I do agree on survivability, though. I've played ToS and BS rather extensively over the years, and it's been harder and harder to keep a Polearm-muppet alive in comparisonto an S&B'er up and at it.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast