Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Set players to ask advice from.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    You can add my necro Zaldar.

Also, Halfdead's ToS name is Ghiaour.
    How might one play the all mighty necromancer class.

Please enlighten me Zaldar

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Sigh..why not...

New players contact me through tells, if you can't tell just /friend <name> then tell again. Good luck.

DT - Slayer
    Guardian - Lysandus
    Conq - Ravager
    OH THX I CANT WAIT TO ASK YOU GUARDIAN ADVISE trolololo
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    How might one play the all mighty necromancer class.

Please enlighten me Zaldar
    Lots of dots!

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Sigh..why not...

New players contact me through tells, if you can't tell just /friend <name> then tell again. Good luck.

DT - Slayer
    Guardian - Lysandus
    Conq - Ravager
    Hello, I have some questions about DT.
    oh, you are saying I just mash buttons and I can do up to 5000 dps?

Please no.

For this post to be anything but a troll fest, it needs to be on set server forums and formatted a bit better with a lot less extraneous text.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Yes, I agree munok
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I can assist new player questions with:

Ranger: daedylus
    Sin: Ehlicya

Do fairly well on both.

-den
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Nice initiative, but are you sure that all players you listed are happy to answer to help requests and provide in-game "mentoring"?

The fact that a player is good at playing his class doesn't mean that he is available to spend his time replying to multiple tells, and posting names in a thread on official forum could generate really a lot of them

If you haven't done already, probably you should have asked to those players before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    For this post to be anything but a troll fest, it needs to be on set server forums and formatted a bit better with a lot less extraneous text.
    Agree with both of these points.

That being said, I also appreciate Schou's attempt to provide new players with reliable names from whom to get information about their classes.

Anytime someone asks a class play, feat spec, etc. type question in Global or NPH there will be several troll answers along with the helpful replies. Sometimes the troll reply is something that could make sense to a newbie and will just get the newbie in trouble by following it.

There are some whose helpful answers you can usually trust. Bellonda comes to mind. But even Bellonda may not have the depth of class understanding on her sixth, seventh, or twelfth alt as others who play the class as their main would.

I say, move this thread to the Set server forum, and include a note suggesting anyone contacting these players in game should first ask if the player would mind taking a few moments to answer a few questions.

Ya, good point. Could a GM or what ever move this thread to the Set portion of the forums?

Thanks in advance!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast