Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: PvP Class Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    I heard Tarikko rules crom

Sure, pvp is about beating other players.
    Much better than some ****ing worthless boss dmg parser epeen i see on HM groups all time /facepalm
    uhm ... Chass rolled a conq to show how shitty and op the class was.. call me im wrong(chass).. though you had like 7-9 days played when you first went and dueled Tarikko and beat him up? with lvl 4 pvp or something? mby even 5 i dunno and some T3 gear.

Now he shits on him (No really, shits.)

But discussing tarikko is stupid anyways. Sometimes he acts ok, sometimes he fanboys you, some times he calls you a cheater, I dont think we'll ever be able to understand him. I mean with a lvl 10 conq he has potentsial in premades when he plays to win, yet theres no premades he leaves at 40% health when he is out of bubbles...

Dueling does defently make you a better player, yet theres more to it. Like overview and knowinging where to go, who to target and when you should go and defend the objective etc. all comes from mini game experience, though only if you focus on those things, being obsessed on killing someone, gives you ****. Even though it feels good killing marathon runners/Olympic world class swimmers(that wears fullplate)

Also calore, using FoG dosnt make you a bad player using both shockstrike and fog situational is a lot better (as its faster and gives, your more likely to hit someone running behind obstacles)

But now im writing too much, what did i even quote?

Duels teach how you to fight (although if you use a duel spec it's kinda pointless since you'll never use that spec in minis, that's why I don't use duel spec/perks nor STA when I duel on my guard for example, I make it hard for myself, sure, but at least what I learn and practice is useful for minis or any other form of group pvp).
    However it's not enough to make you a good pvper since it teaches you nothing about class synergies, teamwork or how to play the objectives (minis, sieges).

I actually do know some people who are great in duels but absolutely useless in minis.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Duels teach how you to fight (although if you use a duel spec it's kinda pointless since you'll never use that spec in minis, that's why I don't use duel spec/perks nor STA when I duel on my guard for example, I make it hard for myself, sure, but at least what I learn and practice is useful for minis or any other form of group pvp).
    However it's not enough to make you a good pvper since it teaches you nothing about class synergies, teamwork or how to play the objectives (minis, sieges).

I actually do know some people who are great in duels but absolutely useless in minis.
    Duels only give you an idea of what classes are capable of and how to counter 1v1 situations under controlled circumstances. You need to play regular minis for situational/group awareness and a taste of class synergies , and do decent premades from time to time to work on true team work, positioning, and timing against equally skilled players.

Just dueling won't get you very far...your absolutely right on that. Pug minis might be bad, but often times you have some really good fights and if you play at the right time it's mostly veteran players both sides anyways...

Either way, it's much better than the old system where 3 or 4 premades mostly avoid each other and immediately stop signing up once they lose...
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th August 2013 at 00:38.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't raid anymore and I do very little pve actually. I only do minis and world pvp when the occasion arises. It was not even till about 2 months ago that I bothered to get a full BB set for the rare occasion I do pve...

As for pve, if you are a NEW player, the harder instances help you learn how to burst effectively, move as a group, and understand basic mechanics. For a veteran player, they should know all that, but for a new player they can learn a great deal from pve than can help them during pvp.

As for duels, they prove nothing. Would you duel me on a Sin as a caster? Already imbalance is a factor before we begin to fight. I'm pretty sure you would not want to duel a double bubble conq(a good one, not some sh1t one) because that would be the same inbalance, but against you. Duels are fine for learning timing, anticipating attacks and doubletaps, and learning the various builds of classes, but you can't base pvp balance on duels since pvp is based on group play.

As for your DW minis, lol, your talking about lowbie minis that run all day. Again, that's not really pvp, especially level 19 minis. The fact you constantly mention only a handful of players (who for the most part have been around since launch) like aiobheal (who I think is a great team player)shows how small the population is on DW. Why you don't follow the population if you love pvp so much I don't understand. I follow the pvp population and where minis pop, currently that's Set, not DW(people on Set's alts) or Tyranny(more Set alts and clueless new players). If DW was the place for pvp, I would have made a toon there. It's not sadly, so I am stuck on Set-at least until the merge and we see what happens.
    PL me. btw im mostly doing 80 pvp as of late

fun thing about sin is that it has great versatility amidst its squishiness. in general, melees(especially tanks) have better survivability ratio then sin; with cc breaks and and short combo animations u get do land ccs and do some good dps. On the other hand u have casters which have instas and dots and snares, well u have accel and dmg deflection to give urself more time to reach em. Good necro, ranger poms and dts are really the only toons that really give me a handful(im just not specced general enough to handle ranger and dt ccs and dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    It is a duel what we do also in minis. And there r several things to do in minis; focus dpsers, support flag carrirer, dont let casters sw etc..it is all about observing the situation..those players who r good at duels and suck in minis as u said; r players cares only kills. Mostly In premades those players can impress u as a teamplayer..
    Duels can be detrimental to skill in minis, u get wrong kinda mindset and get too detail oriented vs big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    someone once told me you dont know a toon until you have 10k kills on it
    fortunately im not a shammy

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    Even though it feels good killing marathon runners/Olympic world class swimmers(that wears fullplate)
    not sure anyone chases tanks

getting a tank kill in an even mini means u lost and wasted 10min of ur life

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    Duels can be detrimental to skill in minis, u get wrong kinda mindset and get too detail oriented vs big picture.
    cant disagree with that

those players who r good at duels and suck in minis as u said; r players cares only kills.
    No they are not, they just lack the situational awareness, teamplay, understanding of the objectives etc... In fact they lack a lot of things. They can double tap kbs and counter your every move in a duel but in a mini you need MUCH MORE than that. They also don't focus the right targets nor use their CCs smartly (and generally speaking waste their cooldowns). They may try to take the flag sometimes but because they don't use the radar & don't play with their team they are still not very useful.

Duels don't teach you any of that, duels teach how to fight one guy at a time without any interference and without people to back him up or to back you up.

There's a lot of other factors that come into play but I think you get my point. This game is absolutely not balanced around 1o1 anyway. Duels give you some pvp skills, but it's really a fraction of what you need in competitive group pvp. Also in duels gear has a massive, direct, impact while in group pvp it's not that much of a problem due to the fact that you're not alone and neither are they. When several people focus a target it will die fast regardless of gear (speaking in general, I know that soldiers aren't that easy to take down...)

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy duels and do a lot of them but all I'm saying is that they are not nearly enough to make you a good pvper. I would say they are necessary though to practice things like double tapping (personally I started pvp with minis but when I started duelling I did improve a lot on some specific things) but even double tapping in a mini is not necessarily game changing because there is a whole lot more things going on
    Last edited by kalston; 25th August 2013 at 13:59.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default !!!

-Duels-
    Most Strong
    1.) Bs/Pom
    2.) Sin
    3.) Conq
    4.) DT
    5.) Demo
    6.) Barb (reaver only)
    7.) Ranger
    8.) Tos/Hox

-Minigames-
    Most strong
    1.) Pom
    2.) Conq
    3.) Sin
    4.) Necro
    5.) Demo
    6.) Dt
    7.) Ranger
    8.) Bs
    Regarding minigames you are totally out of topic..You have necro and demo in places 4 and 5..while they should be in places 1 and 2..I have no idea what kind of minigames are you playing..Those who i play(join) its always Demos and necros who do most kills...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast