Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Class Power Rankings

Default Plss..

L2P PVP in the PVP server.. Or go to crom.

Default Goodbye gusy

AoC died, PVP contents done forever, thx FC, have fun and happiness with your PVE players..

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Obviously you have not played against decent tanks on your return. A geared Guard can fatality you from 50% or less, it has happened to me plenty of times. CW or SS can hit for 2-4K, reckoning for another 1k, Whirlwind can hit for 2-3k, DP can hit for 2-4k. Unless you bump your magic damage up to about 1500 (which cannot be achieved with pvp armor, only t4)you will do very little damage to a soldier with full pvp t2/t3 armor and a decent amount of AAs.

Kiting a soldier and being limited to instants makes you extremely ineffective. If they are bad you can kite them all day, but also if they are bad they probably won't be doing much to help their team other than flag botting so wasting time with them in the first place is the wrong choice unless a flag is in question.

Indeed, I can often burn a sin down with less effort that a solder...and with the new sprint revamp soldiers who get low just run away and you can't catch them even with HotU. The problem that lays with soldiers is that they are overplayed. When you get 1 tank, whatever. 2, sure, but when it's 3-4 each side as a clothie you will be very ineffective with pvp armor since you simply just do not do enough dps because of the stats of the armor. That's why you see so much T4, 400+ more magic damage makes a huge difference.

As for sins, they can still pretty much 2-shot any cloth, stealth attack/facestab can do between 2-4.5k, and all it takes is a quick DWW/GB or GC/Bomb to finish it. You can't really do much about it other than try proactively aoe and stick close to your healer.

I still find demo very strong, but unless you get help during tank minis(3+ tanks/shammys a side) you will not be swinging the game unless they let you sit there and bomb all you want, which probably won't happen.

More balanced minis demo is pretty much OP and you can do what you want. In fact I rarely play anything less than medium to close range, you have to play a more mid ranged game for your AoE to hit the pileups. I do run pretty fast if I see someone charging me, because I know I only get charged when someone has very cool down ready and they are willing to blow it all to take me out, so better to run for a second, let them refocus and waste some of their cc's and come back to fight on your terms or kite them to your team, which if you play a mid range game you should never be far from anyways.
    Yeah the more I think about it, you are probably right. I probably didn't face any good soldiers. Like I said, I thought the overall skill level was significantly reduced.

My main point is that now with the influx of so many pvp 8-10 toons, you can really start to see the shift from magic damage dominance to physical damage dominance.

I'm currently working on getting my PoM some Heal Rating gear so I can see some more end game content. Maybe I'll start doing some minis on her since we always seem to be lacking healers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Yeah the more I think about it, you are probably right. I probably didn't face any good soldiers. Like I said, I thought the overall skill level was significantly reduced.

My main point is that now with the influx of so many pvp 8-10 toons, you can really start to see the shift from magic damage dominance to physical damage dominance.

I'm currently working on getting my PoM some Heal Rating gear so I can see some more end game content. Maybe I'll start doing some minis on her since we always seem to be lacking healers anyway.
    The shift is even more signifigant because tanks only need an ibis+ type of weapon to boost their overall dps because pvp armor is tailored to tanks and the pvp accessories work great for tanks, shammys, and barbs. The only caster where pvp armor and full pvp accessories can work is PoM because their damage coefficient is high enough where you do not need to max it with a vile cape or t3+ necklace, survivability is always the way most of the good poms go anyways, from the ones I see.

A caster needs t4 armor and t3+ weapons and accessories to be par, pvp armor works but against good tanks you just do not do enough magic damage to match what they can do to you with out several people running support for you, which in a perfect game people would do, not most pug minis however...

As for regular pug minis that tanks are fairly balanced on each side you can do well enough in any set up, but for premades or just way unbalanced pugs, caster pvp armor just does not get the job done with dps. Dps classes should have much higher dps stats like damage, crit, and crit rating compared to others, instead it's normalized across the board and with how the game is now it favors mainly tanks and melee classes, although sin and barb pvp armor is really bad too...
    Doomsayer 2008

you're making me cry..... gone are the days of me pvping at 1050 magic damage :*(

Wonder if I could survive going BB/SC gear..... I would be close to 7K hp and under 10% protection. I could probably get my magic damage up to close to 1300 though. I would have to check. More than likely not worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    you're making me cry..... gone are the days of me pvping at 1050 magic damage :*(

Wonder if I could survive going BB/SC gear..... I would be close to 7K hp and under 10% protection. I could probably get my magic damage up to close to 1300 though. I would have to check. More than likely not worth it...
    With full pvp set, t3 weapons and vile cloak and t3 thoth neck I sit around 1130-1210 depending if I run FoW or a magic damage pot in my usual hybrid spec.

I noticed I started to get much more kills once I got rid of the pvp t3 cape and neck and switched out to my current pve items. As for BB/SC gear, you can try it but those items just do not offer the constitution that t4 armor provides, which makes up for the loss of protection. I would say if you have t2/t3 pvp armor, forget the k6 armor other than mixing a few pieces and try to upgrade your weapons and accessories to at least t3 items if you not willing to do t4 or do not have time to do full raids like me.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    With full pvp set, t3 weapons and vile cloak and t3 thoth neck I sit around 1130-1210 depending if I run FoW or a magic damage pot in my usual hybrid spec.

I noticed I started to get much more kills once I got rid of the pvp t3 cape and neck and switched out to my current pve items. As for BB/SC gear, you can try it but those items just do not offer the constitution that t4 armor provides, which makes up for the loss of protection. I would say if you have t2/t3 pvp armor, forget the k6 armor other than mixing a few pieces and try to upgrade your weapons and accessories to at least t3 items if you not willing to do t4 or do not have time to do full raids like me.
    Thanks.... I'll get back to pvp later LOL....... I need to focus on my POM for a bit to get it raid worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    Actually there is no difference between pvp and pve servers.. only u can duel in Khes..that's all the difference i see between them

also average pvper on crom is much dangerous than a fury veteran.. crom player has good item like t4,, bunch of ppl on fury have it. (it was like that when i was there..maybe more now i dont know )
    False, i play on both servers and good player on Crom is like Fury newbie

Even with gear most of them suck, but if they are dangerous at somepoint it is because of that gear

Minigame quality difference can be seen in first few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post

Even with gear most of them suck, but if they are dangerous at somepoint it is because of that gear

That might be so for EU servers, but US servers most of the decent players that play on Set play on Tyranny and DW as well and it's been that way for years now.

Players who choose to ignore population gaps and/or who refuse to pay to transfer for the most part are few, and the majority of them are not star players, not have most of them even finished a t3 raid before.

The game has been out too long and through too many changes to say players are better because of rule set since almost any long term player has played on PvP, RP-PvP, Culture-PvP, PvE, RP-PVE servers at some point during the last 5 years...I myself have played on 4 different servers over that time, all different rule sets...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post

What is your Character name in Crom just to get some perspective on this claim "What is good and what is not."

I dont think there is difference in individual quality there are good players in both server and Good player in Crom is good player in Fury..BUT in Crom there are always few newbies joining in minies which sometimes makes general quality lower. This is because population on Crom is much higher than in Fury and there are actually some new players coming and trying the game.
    Last edited by SelfRez; 23rd August 2013 at 06:34.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast