Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: PvP Class Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Why? Its quite true for general minis situations, when u speak about opponents with about equal player skill.
    I wouldn't say that there is something like "general minis situations". Every mini is a bit diffrent and it is hard to compare skill between melee character and caster.

1st of all kiting get a lot easier (imo) when average latency (at least for EU players) doubled. I'm saying this both as melee and caster (I play PvP regularly on bs&demo).

2nd, you are not alone in minis. There is a lot of people who don't have a clue or simply don't care, but there are still some good pvpers and often frenzy soldier = dead soldier.

3rd, sometimes you can even meet people who are willing to heal you and help you with their's cc.

It happens that you are left alone (as a caster) with some tank on your back, but unless it is one of those good geared AND skilled soldiers (and there is really only few of them) you can handle this somehow.

And it is not only casters problem, BS can die just as fast these days if focused properly.

I like soldiers the way they are - it is because casters can't just ignore them and as we all know reaching that guy who is nuking you from other side of map is not that easy. How to say it...I just strongly disagree that mages are worse/weaker or underpowered compared to other archtypes.

Is your main BS 9.PvP? Perhaps problem is that BS is beloved target for mages and hated oponent for solders?
    Last edited by Ernests; 4th September 2013 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    its not exactly 100% legit tho

that being said double tapping kbs isnt either
    what double tapping kb isnt legit? lmao

god thats dumb

Well it's an old bug and wasn't intended to begin with, that's all he was saying I think.
    However no one asked FC to fix it since it doesn't harm the game in any way (on the contrary it's a good skill based mechanic, give us more of that)
    Last edited by kalston; 4th September 2013 at 20:50.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

It did harm the game when double tap off ledges meant you didn't get the snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Is your main BS 9.PvP? Perhaps problem is that BS is beloved target for mages and hated oponent for solders?
    Soldiers are over the top, but I still disagree with most of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Indeed, though lately I probably play more on my demo (pvp5) and I'm doing just fine (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    what double tapping kb isnt legit? lmao

god thats dumb
    its not and intended mech, mod would have to confirm, but thats the feedback i had gotten some time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    It did harm the game when double tap off ledges meant you didn't get the snare.

but thats fixed

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Well it's an old bug and wasn't intended to begin with, that's all he was saying I think.
    However no one asked FC to fix it since it doesn't harm the game in any way (on the contrary it's a good skill based mechanic, give us more of that)
    Huh really ? I have trouble to believe it. I've always tought this was a good thing (because only a few do it for my Kbs) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Huh really ? I have trouble to believe it. I've always tought this was a good thing (because only a few do it for my Kbs) ^^
    Lots of bugs happened with double taps. At one point if you doubled tab + jump you could disappear for your opponents and go through him. Similar stuff happened with double tapping and changing direction in the process. Your opponents wouldn't see that you had changed direction and only see the real position you were at after the end of the animation. Not to mention the double tap before a fall.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast