Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Class Power Rankings

I'll give you the perspective from someone just coming back after a year.

When I stopped pvping, probably closer to 18 months ago, there were pvp 10's, but not as many. The ones who were pvp 10 (for the most part) were going to be good no matter what, as they were excellent players. I could play my demo in minis and routinely go 2-1, 3-1 ratio. Nothing special. And make no mistake, I never considered myself great.

Now that I am back, I was running around on my necro, which has decent AA's and pvp 4 store gear and 2 pieces of pvp 4 mini armor. I noticed that I got a lot of kills when my team did pretty good, but I didn't feel like I was doing a ton to sway the tide of a mini. Then I remembered the goofy way funcom does it's kills and realized I was stealing kills and not really helping the team.

So I switched to my demo and did a few minis. Good gear, almost pvp 9, good AA's, Good weapons. First couple of minis, I was really rusty and bad... hitting wrong binds. Then I started nailing everything and felt really good about the way I was playing. I would look at the score and be 5-3 instead of the 15-3 that I used to be. I thought it was weird... so I looked around and 8 of the 12 people in the mini were pvp 9 or 10. I hadn't noticed, because tbh, they were pretty bad players. I was used to a pvp 10 being a threat, so it didn't register.

Moral of the story, pvp gear has shifted the balance of the game significantly into the soldiers favor. I believe when I left the game, someone asked this same question and Demo was number 1 in both duels and group. Now it feels as though we are average at best.

I will say that there is no one class that I see and run from, except maybe a good sin (stupid immunity LOL). I feel as though everyone else, I have a fighting chance at.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    I will say that there is no one class that I see and run from, except maybe a good sin (stupid immunity LOL). I feel as though everyone else, I have a fighting chance at.
    Dont you need to run from soldiers? :o
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Dont you need to run from soldiers? :o
    run? no. Kite? sure. But that's part of pvping as a ranged class.

When I see a good sin, I don't even think about it. I'm out..... see ya. LOL

See, here's a video I made (don't laugh haha). It illustrates how the game has changed. I can do the exact same thing and not get half the kills. And this wasn't anything special.. it was more just learning how to do the videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcUmX...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Xenic; 21st August 2013 at 20:34.

See, here's a video I made (don't laugh haha). It illustrates how the game has changed. I can do the exact same thing and not get half the kills. And this wasn't anything special.. it was more just learning how to do the videos

Imo easier kill sin than decent soldier.

P.S. Why when u are casting aoe, you click it over and over while waiting previous cast finish, like with inferno of amher?
    Cripples gonna cripple

Imo easier kill sin than decent soldier.

P.S. Why when u are casting aoe, you click it over and over while waiting previous cast finish, like with inferno of amher?
    When I made that video, it was because everyone kept telling me how a Demos couldn't do close quarters and live. So I made that video specifically to show that you could do it. I only went 8-3 but I was keeping the other teem focused on me and trying to CC for my team. If I wanted to, I could have made a video of me farming kills, but how would that be any different from all the other videos.

I don't know all of the sins in game right now, but back when I was playing before, the sins could 2 shot you, even the bad ones.

As far as why am I doing aoe's like that, in LT, it's easy to lose line of sight and your aoe's go around the columns. My keyboard blows, so I never know if the actual button is going to fire, so I just spam em LOL

That HoX kept interrupting me.... remember HoX's HFB was differnet in 2011.... they could chain CC like a boss.
    Last edited by Xenic; 21st August 2013 at 22:04.

P.S. Why when u are casting aoe, you click it over and over while waiting previous cast finish
    I also do that, so it cast next AoE spell right after first one, just once thou

When I made that video, it was because everyone kept telling me how a Demos couldn't do close quarters and live. So I made that video specifically to show that you could do it. I only went 8-3 but I was keeping the other teem focused on me and trying to CC for my team. If I wanted to, I could have made a video of me farming kills, but how would that be any different from all the other videos.

I don't know all of the sins in game right now, but back when I was playing before, the sins could 2 shot you, even the bad ones.

As far as why am I doing aoe's like that, in LT, it's easy to lose line of sight and your aoe's go around the columns. My keyboard blows, so I never know if the actual button is going to fire, so I just spam em LOL

That HoX kept interrupting me.... remember HoX's HFB was differnet in 2011.... they could chain CC like a boss.
    Sure demo can do close quarters.

But that video showed nothing but some crap bearshaman chasing after you...

Default Let me rephrase for you..

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    There is no gradation for the weaker - stronger scale for group action. Some classes have less armor, but deal much more damage and work better in a team. In other words, skill and personal preferences matter and not some preposterous tables with numbers from one to twelve in a meaningless topic.

The problem is that people tend to pick the classes with a small learning curve, but that does not mean that Herald of Xotli or Barbarian is, by any means, a weak class; as both of those often deliver the top amount of kills in a minigame and even help with primary tasks (carrying flags).

I second that.
    I agree on the fact that there isnt any "best pvp class" or duel class or "second best" and all that crap...What matters in pvp is just 2 things.
    No1 GROUP..that is the most importand thing that can happen to you..you will either win easily or be farmed again and again.
    No2 Your own ability..the way you play your own char..in duells that counts 100% but duells are a rare thing..so group pvp.
    I will say again Group..Group..Group..If you are lucky to be in a good group who support a little bit eachother..heal..charge whenever you are fighting someone,(and not passing by..you die and the enemy stays alive with 2% HP)and a lot of weird stuff which happen during pvp...then you be fine..otherwise..get ready to be ress farmed..or just leave match....!!!!

Obviously you have not played against decent tanks on your return. A geared Guard can fatality you from 50% or less, it has happened to me plenty of times. CW or SS can hit for 2-4K, reckoning for another 1k, Whirlwind can hit for 2-3k, DP can hit for 2-4k. Unless you bump your magic damage up to about 1500 (which cannot be achieved with pvp armor, only t4)you will do very little damage to a soldier with full pvp t2/t3 armor and a decent amount of AAs.

Kiting a soldier and being limited to instants makes you extremely ineffective. If they are bad you can kite them all day, but also if they are bad they probably won't be doing much to help their team other than flag botting so wasting time with them in the first place is the wrong choice unless a flag is in question.

Indeed, I can often burn a sin down with less effort that a solder...and with the new sprint revamp soldiers who get low just run away and you can't catch them even with HotU. The problem that lays with soldiers is that they are overplayed. When you get 1 tank, whatever. 2, sure, but when it's 3-4 each side as a clothie you will be very ineffective with pvp armor since you simply just do not do enough dps because of the stats of the armor. That's why you see so much T4, 400+ more magic damage makes a huge difference.

As for sins, they can still pretty much 2-shot any cloth, stealth attack/facestab can do between 2-4.5k, and all it takes is a quick DWW/GB or GC/Bomb to finish it. You can't really do much about it other than try proactively aoe and stick close to your healer.

I still find demo very strong, but unless you get help during tank minis(3+ tanks/shammys a side) you will not be swinging the game unless they let you sit there and bomb all you want, which probably won't happen.

More balanced minis demo is pretty much OP and you can do what you want. In fact I rarely play anything less than medium to close range, you have to play a more mid ranged game for your AoE to hit the pileups. I do run pretty fast if I see someone charging me, because I know I only get charged when someone has very cool down ready and they are willing to blow it all to take me out, so better to run for a second, let them refocus and waste some of their cc's and come back to fight on your terms or kite them to your team, which if you play a mid range game you should never be far from anyways.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd August 2013 at 08:45.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast