Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aggro Meter!

Parsers should be removed too, as they made the game dumber, then ?

If nobody aggroed when they shouldn't PvE would become more boring.

An agro metter needs more information in the combat log like agro mofifiers for each hit/debuff/buff/heal. The combat log has severals bugs now, or lacks like conq hate flag without all information, no mana leech information, boss debuff or cast not in the parse, etc... It's a lot of work for Funcom and i doubt that one day we'll see this in the list of priority.
    And funcom will never do a plugin like this, they could modify the combat log but the development of such plugin will be done by the community like usual.

Just remove agro from the game it seems to be causing too many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aegeas View Post
    Just remove agro from the game it seems to be causing too many issues.
    ROFLMAO

Can we remove healing too please? It ruins my parse, kthxbai
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Only reason why tanking is fun in aoc and ppl still roll new tank toons despite having a tank already is because of no aggro meter in game.
    People analyze and tune their gameplay, feats,gear and see results. That's the fun in it.

Like a pc hardware enthusiast that build their own pc and then overclocks it and tweaks the values in bios so he gets it stable running at max speed the cpu/gpu is capable of running under the capacity of the cooling system they chose to have/buy.

Now that person could go out and buy a pre-overclocked watercooled pc but you bet your backside an enthusiast wouldnt do that he likes the fun in doing it himself.

You know who would go out and buy one such pre-OCd watercooled PC? That's right the ones that cant do it themselves (read the ones that cannot figure out how to tune their soldier toon to perfection would ask for an aggro meter aka WoW gameplay)

There is however a very very small minority who would ask for an aggro meter and yet are not dumb!!!

Those are the ppl that been there done that (ie had the fun of tuning and were able to tune their soldier toon) and now just want to relax. Just like how a former Overclock enthusiast might go out and buy a pre-assembled pre-OCd watercooled PC because they have kids wife and work with no extra time to spend on their hobby but stiil can't come in terms with running the pc at default speed with stock cooling.

But since this minority I mentioned above are very small it's not fair to dumb down the game and take away the fun from many ppl still working on their soldiers just to please couple oldtimers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    Nice Post
    Couldn't agree more

Most of the aggro information is already known (hate modifiers on combos and abilities) and what's left is easy enough to find.. Even when I have a complete list of the amount of aggro each and every bit in the game does, I *still* wouldn't want to have an aggro meter.
    Last edited by Ekorn; 23rd August 2013 at 11:56. Reason: spelling..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    *snip*
    I sort of think that small minority isn't as small as you may think. Sadly, no one will ever know just how many people truly want some kind of agro tool as only a small minority (confirmed by Funcom) actually uses the forums. There is no telling how many people playing the game but never looking at forums would actually want something like this. You may say: "All the tanks in my guild are against an agro tool, so it must follow that most people are against it too," but this is bad logic, as I could say all the tanks in my guild want an agro tool, etc.

All we can do is give Funcom both sides of the argument, and let them decide on the outcome. There is no sense repeating ourselves over and over again just for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I sort of think that small minority isn't as small as you may think. Sadly, no one will ever know just how many people truly want some kind of agro tool as only a small minority (confirmed by Funcom) actually uses the forums. There is no telling how many people playing the game but never looking at forums would actually want something like this. You may say: "All the tanks in my guild are against an agro tool, so it must follow that most people are against it too," but this is bad logic, as I could say all the tanks in my guild want an agro tool, etc.

All we can do is give Funcom both sides of the argument, and let them decide on the outcome. There is no sense repeating ourselves over and over again just for the sake of arguing.
    An aggro meter will kill one of two things that makes this game really stand out against other MMORPGS. Even tho it sometimes seems like FC wants to make AoC closer to a "generic" MMO, I doubt they will mess that much with whatever is left of the combat system
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Wow, this thread took off.

We can all agree that there aren't alot of good tanks in the game. Not for pugs anyway.

But I don't see the rite question being raised here. Everyone is asking if an aggro meter in game would dumb down game play, thus making it less fun.

I agree that it would do this. 100% agree, and I don't personally want to use an aggro meter myself.

BUT!

The real question is. Would you rather dumb down the game play, and potentially have better tanks, allowing you to actually have fun on your dps class's and healers. OR, keep the bad tanks, cry over pulling aggro all the time, and never have something that could potentially fix the issue.

Me, I would rather have an aggro meter, not use it myself. And have a tank who will "hopefully" get better by seeing his own aggro performance.

I'm just sick of not being able to play my dps class's at all. I am almost forced into playing a tank, or playing my toons at about 40% potential.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast