Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aggro Meter!

An aggro meter would dumb down the group/raid encounters so much.
    I hope such a tool will never be seen in AoC.

I think an aggro meter would be awesome. It would also be good if there was a way to see aggro generation in the combat log. I'm heartily sick and tired of the poorly documented, unpredictable and unreliable ways in which aggro works in this game; seeing concrete numbers in an aggro meter and/or the combat log would be really useful.

Assuming Mellaus is right, why not include aggro infos on the combos and spell descriptions?

This would not be much programming effort like a new gui aggrometer or a new floating number...and it will not affect gameplay.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th August 2013 at 07:28.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    I think an aggro meter would be awesome. It would also be good if there was a way to see aggro generation in the combat log. I'm heartily sick and tired of the poorly documented, unpredictable and unreliable ways in which aggro works in this game; seeing concrete numbers in an aggro meter and/or the combat log would be really useful.
    /sign³    

An aggro meter would be like the making off for movies.
    Once you see it, then all the magic is gone, you're like "Ah, so that's it".

Basically the one cool thing about tanking is that you need to know your character and your tank team to do well in proper encounters (thinking about emperor, archfiend and Zaal).

If you know exactly at which level of aggro you and your tank mates are, then what is it left to figure out ?
    Nothing, it's just like, ouh, i miss 2 point of aggro, i will press that button which i know will provide those 2 points.

I can't think of anything more susceptible of killing the fun of tanking than an aggro meter.

And while i get what Cyn says about having to guess how things work, i for one prefer to guess than knowing for certain.

Knowing allows only 2 options : you know or you don't.
    Guessing allows a large panel of different interpretations, which is much less boring in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    Aggro is not unpredictable or unreliable, and i find it hard to belive you actualy think that.

It is not documented, and it is because of that all about getting a feeling for it. But when you have played enough you do know what to expect, and no change in aggro should come as a suprise.

If we had all the information it would make tanking more static, it would require no feeling anymore just cold logic.
    I am Stian ingame...

Idiotic suggestion that wouldn't do any good.

Targets target = aggro meter, it's already there...

An agro meter (or putting agro in the logs, same thing) would be one of the worst things that could be happening.
    The PVE game already doesn't need skill anymore, the "unknown" agro is the last thing that keeps the farm... player awake. Please, don't screw it.
    La coalition, c'est ici !
    ...pour organiser des sorties francophones sans sortir...
    de sa guilde !

Quote Originally Posted by Badjooz View Post
    An agro meter (or putting agro in the logs, same thing) would be one of the worst things that could be happening.
    The PVE game already doesn't need skill anymore, the "unknown" agro is the last thing that keeps the farm... player awake. Please, don't screw it.
    I agree.

If there were a way to monitor aggro, you could just put it up on your other screen and know exactly when to back off, when you could go all out, etc.

I don't want this game to turn into age of nubs.

Wow, the elitists are rampant.

"I know how agro works, so you guys have to learn it the hard way. Stupid noobs, go back to WoW!"

Why is more information bad? Because transparency makes it too easy? Should we remove speedometers from cars? Altimeters from planes?

This would be a tool for everyone BUT tanks... and if it makes the game more accessible to new players (which I think it would), it is a good thing.
    Skua - Bear Shaman (Bloodline)
    Misscreantt - Guardian (TRIBUNAL)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast