Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aggro Meter!

Default Aggro Meter!

Its simple, How hard would an aggro meter be to install in game?

I think this would help the game tremendously.

Thats all!

This is Ron Swanson and I approve this message.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I second this. And there definetly is one aggro number the game churns out in order to determine who gets the aggro.

Problem with this is much of the mystery surrounding rotation and hate generation will disappear you'll get a ton of new guards who'll be best of the best because they sat there and used a parser and determined which rotation holds the best aggro. You'll also get a ton of new DPS who'll know when to ditch the DPS too... in short it'll vastly improve most players.

And take away some of the challenge from the game. All dps classes would still be 0,1% below tanks.. If tanks score some glancing hits, get abilities resisted or if the dps score a high crit, they gonna take agro anyway. No, I would want better use of resources than make such a tool.

I would love an agro meter.

Aggro meter is for pussies. If you want one go play wow.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Elleanorr View Post
    Aggro meter is for pussies. If you want one go play wow.
    Sure we can live without one. We have been for 5+ years. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a useful tool for new people and vets alike.

I'm just saying it would help out the new players to the game. Rite now I'm willing to do anything to get a better quality pugger.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

People that are bad at the game today won't be any better with an aggro meter ingame anyway.. It's impossible to calculate exact aggro level in this game (with an external tool) since the combatlog doesn't log everything, and you have no way of getting the hate modifiers from the characters involved.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

I guess it would be useful for some, but I don't like the idea of some external 'thing' telling me what I should be doing - or not doing. If you can't get a feel for it just from playing a class for a while, eh, it seems pointless - that's part of the challenge, and fun. Isn't it? I'd rather just learn not stuff up. Plus, I hate all this breaking stuff down into mathematical equations business in the game - it detracts from my murderously butchering things to death.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast