Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTH Happened?

Only place shards drop. I still do the occasional wing one for shards... although I take none of it seriously. Think Wing one is 12 manable.

It starts to get serious in t3 where a single individual can in theory wipe a raid.

I do T2's to craft ibis's, or farm shards.

I go to pugs to just kill time, parse whore up etc.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    With this going on, bad players all of a sudden become the best within the bad guild. Thus becoming the go to guy's for advice. And in turn the bad players never really progress at all. They just become worse! This is what has happened to Set through the years. Bad players giving Bad advice, to new players and it just caught on like wild fire.
    This isn't entirely true. Sure, there's the big fish in a little pond problem. It exists in any social setting and thus also in raids.

But in reality, players who want to improve look to people who do better relative to them. Thus, in a casual raid group, a new player may come, say, to me, and say "Hey Rath, why did your ToS do so much more damage that I did?". And I'd try to help.

Of course may advice wouldn't help him to compete with good players in hardcore guilds, because they perform much better than I do. But it would allow him to pretty much do all PvE content without looking like a slacker.

At that point, the new player has another choice - is he fine in his current situation, or does he want to play with the big boys. In the latter case, I won't be able to help him, so he'll have to look to people from the top guilds for help.

If that doesn't work on the US side, I guess it's mostly a population issue.

(@Macduff Hard to argue about community resources, sure it would be important to have more information available. But this is more of an issue for people who start the game with the intent to do hardcore raiding. For people who "graduate" from mid-tier guilds like some of us old Hyrkanians did, it's much less of an issue.)
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Here is the thing.

Your comparing a player who is asking for help. And or even tries in the first place. A tos without trying can easily do 500-800 dps.

But I'm talking about tos's doing 10-200 dps.

And on Set, their is an over whelming amount of players doing just that low.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    How much -hate do you have on your barb?
    All the minus hate I can possibly get, Along with wiles and trickery.

It's a barb, and you can easily feat out crap stuff like Cheat the Reaper as well, along with keep the dps high.

I hate when people week in and week out try to bring a tank to a raid and NEVER get aggro. Don't they eventually realize that they're just wasting space?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    (@Macduff Hard to argue about community resources, sure it would be important to have more information available. But this is more of an issue for people who start the game with the intent to do hardcore raiding. For people who "graduate" from mid-tier guilds like some of us old Hyrkanians did, it's much less of an issue.)
    Actually, I think it is quite the opposite. People who have intentions of clearing the highest tiers and hardest dungeons can/will seek such guilds or they will bang their heads until they figure some stuff on their own.

However, people who have played different games and want to give Age of Conan a try after such a perspective will have a really hard time learning about this game due to a lack of the community sources.

Heck when I first started playing (in early 2010) YG was the site I visited to most to check the information about gear/quests/rewards. There was a class advocate system on the forums and even though it was a total failure overall, those advocate reports were useful pointers for me to learn more about classes I played.

Now imagine a player that has joined the game last year. He/She has almost no means of quickly reaching the useful information.

On the other hand, people who have no intention of hearing advice or trying out new things are a whole different issue. I believe that complaining about them is even less productive than trying to help them.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Here is the thing.

Your comparing a player who is asking for help. And or even tries in the first place. A tos without trying can easily do 500-800 dps.

But I'm talking about tos's doing 10-200 dps.

And on Set, their is an over whelming amount of players doing just that low.
    But that's not an issue.

There is an issue if a player wants to improve, but there is noone to help him.

There is an issue if a hardcore guild needs to accept a guard who even in full T4 fails to cope with casual dps (as you seem to imply).

But if people simply are content noobing around in the game, and even pay for the opportunity to do so, that is perfectly legitimate. If you get frustrated playing with such people, the simple solution is not to play with them anymore.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

omg

The assumption that no one is their to help them is just ridiculous.

I haven't been around any player in the game who was good, who wouldn't give helpful advice. I learned allot of my class's from other players, asking them for advice myself.

Thus, if they truly want help, it's easy to obtain. The problem is they don't want help.

omg

The assumption that no one is their to help them is just ridiculous.
    Thus, if they truly want help, it's easy to obtain. The problem is they don't want help.
    Who made that assumption? I sure didn't.
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast