Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Craig Morrison: Genius

what he did good.

pve pve pve pve pve pve & pve.

what he did wrong.

.new unbalanced aa's wich havent been adjusted to this day

.created the bori abomination wich allows people to farm pve nodes for pvp xp, successfully forever debasing the whole point of pvp progression in aoc

.he removed possibility to play with friends in team based pvp minigames

.new pvp armors and system forcing people to farm nodes and do minigames to obtain them, with players dropping tokens too late to be introduced

.guards and criminal system wich are easily exploited to this day to ruin pvp

.destroyed without justification my favorite class ranger once a fun class with combos now a stupid and boring class with most op aa's ingame

.NEVER BOTHERED GIVING SIEGES PVP REWARDS FOR DOING THEM.

no love for a guy who turned aoc into a pure pve game with extremely unfair and unfun pvp with major class/archtype imbalances aggravated by gear disparities and aa's feat abilities being totaly unfair.

i play because its the only mmo about robert howards conan world, and the amazing melee combat system and the 24 man raids wich are realy fun, once upon a time i played for just open world pvp spent over 2 years just doing that untill that man destroyed all the fun in world pvp its now dead.

the lack of basic pvp systems is attrocious in this game i mean not even basic duel arena with scaling to pvp lvl of people joining exists...

aoc pvp is dead will need someone who actualy believes in pvp in aoc to ressurect it and improve it, given aoc is on a shelve and tsw is the priority its not going to happen.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    what he did good.

pve pve pve pve pve pve & pve.

what he did wrong.

.new unbalanced aa's wich havent been adjusted to this day

.created the bori abomination wich allows people to farm pve nodes for pvp xp, successfully forever debasing the whole point of pvp progression in aoc

.he removed possibility to play with friends in team based pvp minigames

.new pvp armors and system forcing people to farm nodes and do minigames to obtain them, with players dropping tokens too late to be introduced

.guards and criminal system wich are easily exploited to this day to ruin pvp

.destroyed without justification my favorite class ranger once a fun class with combos now a stupid and boring class with most op aa's ingame

.NEVER BOTHERED GIVING SIEGES PVP REWARDS FOR DOING THEM.

no love for a guy who turned aoc into a pure pve game with extremely unfair and unfun pvp with major class/archtype imbalances aggravated by gear disparities and aa's feat abilities being totaly unfair.

i play because its the only mmo about robert howards conan world, and the amazing melee combat system and the 24 man raids wich are realy fun, once upon a time i played for just open world pvp spent over 2 years just doing that untill that man destroyed all the fun in world pvp its now dead.

the lack of basic pvp systems is attrocious in this game i mean not even basic duel arena with scaling to pvp lvl of people joining exists...

aoc pvp is dead will need someone who actualy believes in pvp in aoc to ressurect it and improve it, given aoc is on a shelve and tsw is the priority its not going to happen.
    I actually agree with PvP having a massive potential to turn around the game. The previous GD and whoever made RotGS did a great job on PvE. But I think we've squeezed the proverbial PvE teat for 90% of what its going to give. PvP not even 5% of potential has been scratched.

+ Separation between PvP and PvE, I know its difficult to do this, but I want to be able to play just the PvP aspect of the game like I'm able to play just the PvE aspects of the game.

+ Interface for JUST pvp . A window that pops up with a list of all the people who have set their PvP flags to "on". Which means "hey I'm interested in some PvP invite me to a playfield instance."

+ The last and most difficult part. Balancing classes, AA's, gear. I have no ideas here, this is really your job as the GD and dev team. Just know that there exists massive imbalances in the classes and even more imbalance in the gear and AAs.

Ring, Craig do big job, but... players say "no" and leave game after this job.(((

I would love for this current version of the game to be 're-released' with proper marketing and support. While I preferred the pre 1.05 mechanics, there's no denying that the overall game is better now due to all of the content and optimization. Plus the fact that it is more noob friendly will entice the traditional MMO fan to stay with it.

I mean how awesome would this game be right now if we had launch population.... think of all the zones you could pvp in or group in.

Does anyone even remember Connails Valley pvp or elite zones? Or what about my favorite pvp in the game, Field of the Dead. I remember routinely seeing 40 to 50 people out there in small groups for hours.

Oh well, one could only hope....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

1.) Any further drops in end raid or dungeons should drop only templates or ingredients for armor. Such as a "rusted Atlantean sword" which drops from a hypothetical t5 raid. This combined with the weapon "blood nilus sword from t3" , "star metal", several ingots, and the obligatory vial of blood(from the last boss in t5) can be combined to make the "sword of Atlantis" with +80 to crit instead of +80 to hate(which requires another recipe of ingredients).
    I can see it now: "WTS Sword of Atlantis (Crit version) only 10k Gold!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I can see it now: "WTS Sword of Atlantis (Crit version) only 10k Gold!!"
    No the final ingredient piece (the most difficult to get usually)of a weapon can only be added by the user (bound on pickup) no crafting skill is required to add this last piece it exists purely to prevent selling of shards ..I'm sry ibi...oh crap ... the Atlantean sword for gold.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of the new craft system not to have to hunt that ultra rare recipe that never drops but instead the material combinations will be the critical aspect along with the player progressing by crafting items (and not having the "uber" recipe or the 1 rare top tier raid drop)?

It's all about business and what's on paper. The suits at the top probably don't have time to even turn on their email yet alone play games. If Age of Conan is losing so many subs after the first couple of years and losing money I'd choose to scrap it too... from a business standpoint. But in defense of the players, action speaks louder than words and the last few years very little has been done to save the game, and that probably has alot to do with no resources. One xpac in 5 years doesn't save a game. In my own eyes the reason the xpac seemed like such a big hit was because [again] they forced people to play it. It came along with it a substantial update to the combat system which is not content you can force people to pay for.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 19th August 2013 at 17:32.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of the new craft system not to have to hunt that ultra rare recipe that never drops but instead the material combinations will be the critical aspect along with the player progressing by crafting items (and not having the "uber" recipe or the 1 rare top tier raid drop)?
    You do not need to hunt recipes in the new system as recipes do not exist. You can however get templates which basically allow you to make the item "look" like this, but the item itself and the stats on it will have nothing to do with this template.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Does anyone even remember Connails Valley pvp or elite zones?
    I could never forget that. I was amazed at this time. The graphics, the music (which is one of my favorite of all games I played), the mood of this zone in general.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast