Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Craig Morrison: Genius

Default Craig Morrison: Genius

Looking back on it all, I'm of the opinion that Craig Morrison single-handedly saved AoC from certain and complete destruction. Hear me out. By 09' AoC was hemorraghing players, and the pay 2 play model wasn't working. I think Craig may have actually stopped the mass exodus of players and helped turn the game around by correctly spotting the PvE aspects and trying to add some context to the PvP as well through Bori.

+ By 2010 the game stopped losing players and was turning around.

+ Rise of the Godslayer was a roaring SUCCESS and critics/players alike loved it.

+ Craig succesfuly (and correctly) turned the game into F2P, knowing the business model will be more profitable for Funcom.

+ Mr. Morrison helped balance out the game,stabilized it, fixed a lot of bugs and added structure to PvP through Bori (helping players attain higher PvP levels through grind...but gave them a fighting chance).

+ Finally, Mr. Morrison was PROMOTED (<-- Key here), he was promoted to head the future of Funcom through the mobile games division and specifically with the Lego minifigures game (a HUGE and MUST BE SUCCESFUL game for Funcom). To give this critical project to someone who Funcom considers has failed is unthinkable.

I really don't think the pbase here realizes how much of a badly needed asset Mr. Morrison was. THIS GAME WAS SAVED BY CRAIG MORRISON.

You're a real winner. Are you Scoutt in game?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Obviously there are trials and errors to anything. He did some good, neglected some other aspects that should have been built upon.

The pvp is my example. This game (to me) is a pvp game. It is open world, it has a great aspect to promote guild feuds too. Why pvp content was never a focus is beyond my comprehension. The pvper player base moved on. I'm sure people will return for awhile and play a few mini games...but to have a healthy game you have to add pvp as well as the pve.

Was he evil as everyone says? Not to me. There were many successes. F2P unchained model re-populated very well. Steam did the same thing. But this game isn't a casual game so if you don't LOVE it, you won't put the hours in playing it.

I tried to laugh, but instead of doing so I'm investing my time to learn how to punch through my screen to the other end of someone else's monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Hear me out
    No. You have demonstrated amply in the past you have little of sense to say and is just out for personal attention
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 19th August 2013 at 05:56.

I almost cried, you are so wrong mister Ring
    Players hated khitai, sure we got spike. But it quickly dropped in month lower than it was before expansion

Dear lord... Funcom should start providing some free medicine for certain Forum warriors.

my opinion - Craig kill this game. patch 1.05 was first step for focus pve and first big mistake.

Funcom

No comment on most of this, except that I wish the industry would move past blaming or hailing one person for the success/failure of games. Games are made by teams, for the most part.

But the last point is invalid. Craig isn't working on Lego Minifigures or for the mobile division.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No comment on most of this, except that I wish the industry would move past blaming or hailing one person for the success/failure of games. Games are made by teams, for the most part.

But the last point is invalid. Craig isn't working on Lego Minifigures or for the mobile division.
    Pets VS Monsters right? If i remember correctly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast