Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal class for finding groups

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclea View Post
    I would say there's a large difference here between 6-man and raid groups.

HoXen, for instance, are not in high demand in 6-mans, but find it fairly easy to get into raids, where you have bind on pickup gear for specific classes and it's therefore desirable to have all of them represented.
    Too bad HoX raid gear is one of the worst in the game. Khitai blues are miles better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Too bad HoX raid gear is one of the worst in the game. Khitai blues are miles better.
    This. That's why it's so easy for HoXes to find openings in raids (AND one reason why HoXes have a reputation for doing low damage): all the serious HoXes are ignoring T1-T3.

Of the classes you (the OP) listed, I vote barb. Six-man PUGs are always looking for rogues with FH/TW (AA feats). Next would be a BS, especially if you're more interested in raiding. There is a glut of DT/Conq so I'd avoid those. HoX is the most fun class in the game, but definitely niche: there are several dungeons they can't do as melee DPS; they power through solo content so fast it makes most PUGs a waste of time; and they take a lot of practice and research to gear and play, compared to other classes that can top damage parses with a two-ability rotation and some easy raid drops.
    Last edited by Prima; 22nd August 2013 at 00:07.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Tell you what OP, I did more or less the same research coming back to game a month ago:
    -For pug's you have a free ticket as tank, and also they are good in pvp, sturdy to lvl. They require most gear though, so lot's of work to become viable both for pve and pvp.

-On Crom, there's constantly 6-mans asking for Rogue with FH/TW. Take you pick of class as long as you have these skills and know how to use them.

But then I levelled my new char to 40 and figured out I'd be staying for a while, might as well get a guild. Joined a guild and they turned my priorities upside down. Very unexpected I ended up playing my Necro!

Point is; If you plan on going all the way and raid with a guild, don't choose your class from Global-chat demand.

Every group needs solid tanks and solid healers. DPS is usually a dime a dozen.

Yes ToS can usually cover dps and healing role, but only when played well. And I constantly see terribly played ToS's around.

If you actually gear and feat your tank up to main tank, you will likely find many groups easily, especially when you friend the good people you come across and send them tells about when you'd like to run your next dungeon.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12