Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ibis help

Ya, an ibis is a tad bit more than just normal crafted gear. Not like it takes an entire raid to do it or anything.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I believe Schou offers his ibis crafting services for free.

I've seen Schou kick babies. Wait, what?

Schou will give you 100g if you ask super nicely.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Default Question about ibis

on the Ibis it says "plus 66 combat rating (cold) (electrical) and (holy)
    ---------------------------------------------
    I still don't understand the combat rating like when something like quill of Ibis gives plus to electrical cold holy. How does that help you if you don't do that type of damage?

P.S.
    I had someone ask me this and i just could not answer it.
    I thought it was a very good question worthy of me finding an answer.
    Lordshred

Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson View Post
    on the Ibis it says "plus 66 combat rating (cold) (electrical) and (holy)
    ---------------------------------------------
    I still don't understand the combat rating like when something like quill of Ibis gives plus to electrical cold holy. How does that help you if you don't do that type of damage?

Well any toon that does melee damage can benefit from + combat (Anything) really, no matter if Cold, Electrical, Holy.

Say if a Boss or Toon in PVP doesn't have much resistance to Cold damage then they will take more damage from your sword, same with Electrical & Holy. So it is a nice + combat rating.

Combat Rating applies to all weapons, and is mitigated by Armor.

Combat Rating (Weapon) applies only to the specified weapon (let's say, 1H Blunt) and is mitigated by Armor.

Combat Rating (cold/fire/electrical/holy/unholy) applies to all weapons, and is mitigated by Protection.

Most mobs (and most players too) have far more armor than protection, so you can do more damage by using the last type of Combat Rating.

On the other hand, Magic Damage (cold) only applies to spells dealing Cold damage, so using it on a HoX, Demo, PoM or ToS is useless. The same goes for all types of Magic Damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Easiest way to explain it, for example:

Combat Rating(Fire) is mitigated against the targets fire protection instead of armor. That's more or less it.

Schou thinks and feels that this has gotten out of hand

Quote Originally Posted by Awessome View Post
    Hello,

I am in need of assistance in crafting a Feather of Ibis. Any guild able to assist me with accomplishing this goal I will forever be in your debt. My character name is Dojomojo and is online most of the time. Please contact me if you are willing and able to help. I have all the mats and a 100g tip for the crafter.
    Feather of ibis or Quill?

tell me and i shall find the best price for u ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12