Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    We are preparing that update currently. The plan is to get it out to the live servers this week. Pending testing of course.
    So if you just change a few numbers in the weapon stats how much time do you need to spend testing it? All you need to do is take down the current patch and make a few little changes and put it back up with ".1" at the end of the version number. Record the changes made somewhere and make sure they get in to all future versions that may be in production already.

There is a bug with the quest "The Legendary Turach".

"• Tug the winch on the crane" does not work.
    Can you fix this in next patch?

Speaking of small minor fixes(since these get fixed):

-Character selection still shows toons without facial hair (this has been an issue for years)

-When traveling to Turan or after updating quests my toon appears barefoot

And resurrection system STILL does not work..

On the positive side:

The patch notes show, that they try to fix a few things. Some small stuff might be of no interest to you, but it might show, that they are finally going back to the heap of small bugs and errors that have been around for years. Some of them might be easier to fix than others, so i am not complaining about the choices, as long as they keep it up for a few patches and keep documenting them as in this patch notes. (and won't reintroduce them or overwrite the fixes...)

Carnage DPS with the mining pick certainly is interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    ...All you need to do is take down the current patch and make a few little changes and put it back up with ".1" at the end of the version number...
    seriously?? first there is no such thing as "take down" a patch. you need to reroll it. means ppl have to AGAIN download content, wait a few hours or days to AGAIN download the fixed version! you ever think about how things work in AoC or just go straight for such bright ideas??

They made a mistake with the damage stat of ONE weapon and armor stat of a belt and all ppl can do is jump the gun and moan about it as if that was the worst thing to happen to the game...

In my books the last patch is a big step in the right direction to show players FC is still working to fix things. Ofc we cant expect a 180° change of things so some minor issues will still occur but as long as they keep it minor and are fast with fixes this is a good start in a more bugfree future for this game which is much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    What they're doing by fixing those minor bugs, trivial stuff can be explained by the broken window theory. It is a criminal theory which suggests that rate of crime against serious crimes can be kept under control by reducing the amount of petty crimes. In essence, people are more likely to commit crimes in a street with broken windows.

Applying the same mentality to a MMO, I guess the mentality is fixing as much bugs, unintended stuff as they stumble upon. This game has been plagued by bugs for quite some time and I'm quite happy to see bug fixes no matter how small. Overall they'll transform this game into a much better, user-friendly environment if they can keep it up.
    Bug fixing is very important and great that they do this, but my question still stands nobody suggested that they change the shield of the risen(at least not that I could find) yet they spend resources on changing it while they could have used those resources(however big or small) to fix more bugs or implement one or more of the suggested changes in the suggestion thread.
    To me it comes across as if they had resources left and had no idea what to do with it (since nobody gave them any feedback or suggestions ;-))so they went and did something for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    What they're doing by fixing those minor bugs, trivial stuff can be explained by the broken window theory. It is a criminal theory which suggests that rate of crime against serious crimes can be kept under control by reducing the amount of petty crimes. In essence, people are more likely to commit crimes in a street with broken windows.

Applying the same mentality to a MMO, I guess the mentality is fixing as much bugs, unintended stuff as they stumble upon. This game has been plagued by bugs for quite some time and I'm quite happy to see bug fixes no matter how small. Overall they'll transform this game into a much better, user-friendly environment if they can keep it up.
    A while back FC mentioned an employee (that worked on scripts quests etc) was made redundant and spent his/her notice period fixing all the outstanding minor bugs they were aware of. This could be where these fixes come from.

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    seriously?? first there is no such thing as "take down" a patch. you need to reroll it. means ppl have to AGAIN download content, wait a few hours or days to AGAIN download the fixed version! you ever think about how things work in AoC or just go straight for such bright ideas??

They made a mistake with the damage stat of ONE weapon and armor stat of a belt and all ppl can do is jump the gun and moan about it as if that was the worst thing to happen to the game...

In my books the last patch is a big step in the right direction to show players FC is still working to fix things. Ofc we cant expect a 180° change of things so some minor issues will still occur but as long as they keep it minor and are fast with fixes this is a good start in a more bugfree future for this game which is much needed.
    yeah but come on

rez window
    energy implementation
    shield of the risen change
    and so on wasn't necessary

insead we have this shitty minigamebug since turan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast