Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: can't decide between necro and demo

Default can't decide between necro and demo

Hello. There is my question about that ,i really dont know which class can do better in pvp, cause i want mage mostly for pvp, sometimes for grinding a bit. Any veteran players can tell me which one deal more dmg ,getting more kills? Im really frustrated by beeing raped by most of aoc classes. I dont need builds atm because i see threads add builds so its not necessary. Have a nice day , and thanks if anyone help.

from my observation, it depends on how minis go. with low frequency of kills a good necro will tend to have a high proportion of the kills because of its dots. with a high kill frequency good demos will top kills because of the aoe, and burst dmg.

as a team toon, demo has an acceleration ability, letting it cap faster, it also has a team heal pet. as for necros, i dunno, i seem to win more frequently when im against them, and less frequently when im with them, might just be me.

I admit that I'm a pvp noob, but from my limited experience in minigames and sieges, necros are really strong when they have good support. They can unleash their dots and go spellweave and do amazing burst dps with crits. On the other hand, demo is better all around and not really dependant on support. Demos have more CCs and better and stable aoe. A demo can have 2 stuns 2 knockbacks, 1 area slow (which also gives speed buff to demo himself) and 1 green healing pet at the same time.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Well yea ,i saw the same ,i just need to change my barb to a mage class ,i have necro and demo on 50 lvl ,both of them funny to play ,necro with SW + dots can kill healers/cloth users on my level ,demo can nuke fast with fire attack + KB + slowing movement ,but i also see necro have many slowing movement spells...

Demo is much better than necro. Necro gets most of kills because of some calculation bug or way how Funcom calculates kills

Necro has two broken trees with tons of useless trash on them, and its only class who has good spec after taking first 30 feats

Demo then, like always this type of class in every single MMORPG is always OP and easy to play

Lets put it this way, both can do good in pvp in right hands and both can suck in bad hands.
    You go and play what you like most. Why people always try to find what is better, any class in this game can be fun and can shine in good hands. Fact is that demo and necro are relatively easy to learn how to play.
    One big difference is that demo is not dependant on SW and necro is.

Also to people saying that necro just stealing kills, well its not true. chill+instant ice strike crit over 5k and depending on gear even around 7k. To me that looks like burst that gets kill and not just leaching it with ftw.

But anyway mate go and play what you find more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Lets put it this way, both can do good in pvp in right hands and both can suck in bad hands.
    You go and play what you like most. Why people always try to find what is better, any class in this game can be fun and can shine in good hands. Fact is that demo and necro are relatively easy to learn how to play.
    One big difference is that demo is not dependant on SW and necro is.

Also to people saying that necro just stealing kills, well its not true. chill+instant ice strike crit over 5k and depending on gear even around 7k. To me that looks like burst that gets kill and not just leaching it with ftw.

But anyway mate go and play what you find more fun.
    not exactly like that.
    dots+pets wont kill anyone but will do so much damage over time that will grant necros the "kill" count.
    necro is most broken class in terms of feat trees, overall it works and its fun to play with some diversity mechanics wich demo doesnt have.
    overall demo is most eficient mage, given all his cc's work and are reliable and his spell coeficients are high so they scale reliably with gear.

but only magic user class who can say has all feats and aa's working aint a mage its pom.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    not exactly like that.
    dots+pets wont kill anyone but will do so much damage over time that will grant necros the "kill" count.
    necro is most broken class in terms of feat trees, overall it works and its fun to play with some diversity mechanics wich demo doesnt have.
    overall demo is most eficient mage, given all his cc's work and are reliable and his spell coeficients are high so they scale reliably with gear.

but only magic user class who can say has all feats and aa's working aint a mage its pom.
    I said that people that are sayin that necro is "JUST" stealing kills are not right. Necro can do burst and really get kill on his own, but its true that duration of dots can and often do give necro kill credit and that necro trees need rework.
    Demo is more efficient and not SW dependant, but necro still can be fun and useful to the team and i believe that people should play what they have fun with.

Right now on 53 lvl necro i have more fun than on demo ,i noticed that the necro.with SW can oneshoot medium users and below ,30 sec on flesh to worms ,deevouler ,also it's funny to use PB + chill and see some high crits ,pets are now useless ,maybe on higher lvl they are much efficient.

As a demo ,what can i say ,fires of gehenna ,many cc's ,insta spells ,i think it can be boring , but i may be wrong.

And Vorin what you mean saying "funcom must change sth with necro feats"? You mean to make 1 build for pets and 2nd for "demo playstyle"?

Demo is weak gimp in comparison to nigro right now in pvp. Demo only rocks on sieges and this just coz of bugged buildings targeting which gimps necro alot.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 11th August 2013 at 14:22.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast