Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BIG Question?

Unbelievable, how can any of you even argue for "PUG" minis.

Name a game that does not allow you to play with your friends online together in the same team? In a match...

PUG system is horrible in this game, it was worse than when premades were allowed. The team balancing huge issue, player ability to play is another huge issue.

First
    This game even as the dumbed down state it is in right now, it still gives challenge to players some how in pvp. That is a huge problem in PUG minis because players cannot hold their own. Meaning they drag the team down. This would be fine if the class was more balanced for skill over gear/AA so that one can carry another at free will on any class. But that is not the case, only a few very few class can truly carry, even then it needs a ridiculous amount of Gear and AA. This also wouldn't be a problem if we could of signed up with 1-2 friends who are competent players.
    Now we have PUG minis filled with players who lack so much skill and have misconception about group pvp in this game that it is an absolute mess. The arrogant ways that players fail to focus right targets and beats on a Tank with healer for entire mini while opponent's DPS bursts the entire team down. That is the prime example of PUG minis. When you tell these players they're doing some wrong, they immediately jumps at you and call you a KD whore or say they are playing for the team. When reality they are being uselsss as they waste their DPS on a tank. They failed to realize that their group would be wiped down to nothing by opponents casters/sins/rangers. Then they rage quit mini and call everyone KDR whores.

This wasn't even the case back 2 years ago, when premade happened it offered a different play style. New players or ignorant players were showed how a true premade team plays like, the organization and how well each player played their parts etc. This has an influence believe it or not.
    It was not just guild premades dominating but you can also have premades with friends you met in game or simple players that plays well.
    PUGs had to think differently and react differently vs different premade groups. This forces them to play better... Thus giving the rest the pvp community better players for the future.

There are so many fixes for premades to avoid exploiting rewards and farming rez pad...

IE adding a barrier by the rez pad so players can't just nuke the rez pad at the same time players can't bring the flag to the rez pad etc.

Instead of removing content( biggest content * play with your friends) Funcom should start focusing on Improving the content and fix problems.

Fun fact : Funcom did learn the lesson of AoC PUG only failure and made TSW PvP entirely open to premade.

all I can say is What you said in the last part was exactly it, if people wanted to premade then the tournament mode would be used, by them not using it what message does that send ? Before anyone gets their loincloths in a bunch I'm PRO premade I'm just trying to say look at it from a numbers point of view.

there isn't a player base ot even support a premade in the US tyranny server. To even suggest allowing it means, one guild will form premades, pug stomp, the pug will stop signing up, pvp ends. I unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by tsquared2 View Post
    all I can say is What you said in the last part was exactly it, if people wanted to premade then the tournament mode would be used, by them not using it what message does that send ? Before anyone gets their loincloths in a bunch I'm PRO premade I'm just trying to say look at it from a numbers point of view.
    - The premade tab is hidden, barely visible uneasy to use.
    - Sign ups there are bugged, if players sign up but don't join they can't be replaced.
    - When they were launched Tournament mode had no rewards, people still think it's the case.
    - If you want to go tournament mode not only do you need to gather up a full groupe (to avoid above bug), but you also need to find an other guild that has 6 players available. If they are, you still need to wait for them to gather up, finish their KK tour, minis etc. before getting going. It's tedious.
    - Like Hyen mentionned it a long time ago, all this organisation makes it much less casual and much more e-peen related. Less fun.

Absolutely nothing was made to make it accessible.
    While you could premade or fight with friends with low organization, you now need something close to raid organization. It's not spontaneous anymore, its binding especially for smaller guilds.

Only 12 men walked on the moon... does that mean only 12 wanted to ? Please try and see the bigger picture.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Actually no, minis pop with great frequency with much less population than before pug minis.

I don't get why you need to create pug stomping groups as an excuse to "play with friends" because no pvper will enjoy killing nobodies past a game or two. You can still premade in tournament mode, the fact nobody sits in the que waiting for a challenge shows how much people care about premades...
    I want to play with friends. Signing with few or three would be good. I don't know how its on US, but on EU amount of minis dropped along with population, please note they are still 24/7, but not so many running at same time

It was totally epic when sometimes PUG won premade team etc... PUG = K/D whoring and running like headless chickens, nothing else

Again PUG system is epic fail and killed game for many many many people.

Start doing your T4 with pugs and see how fun it is. While your friend got lucky and got in "winning" raid

@Chass

Why leave if losing team?
    Win ratio means nothing really, its all about luck on PUGS
    Last edited by JinDjw; 12th August 2013 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    - The premade tab is hidden, barely visible uneasy to use.
    - Sign ups there are bugged, if players sign up but don't join they can't be replaced.
    - When they were launched Tournament mode had no rewards, people still think it's the case.
    - If you want to go tournament mode not only do you need to gather up a full groupe (to avoid above bug), but you also need to find an other guild that has 6 players available. If they are, you still need to wait for them to gather up, finish their KK tour, minis etc. before getting going. It's tedious.
    - Like Hyen mentionned it a long time ago, all this organisation makes it much less casual and much more e-peen related. Less fun.

Absolutely nothing was made to make it accessible.
    While you could premade or fight with friends with low organization, you now need something close to raid organization. It's not spontaneous anymore, its binding especially for smaller guilds.

Only 12 men walked on the moon... does that mean only 12 wanted to ? Please try and see the bigger picture.
    +1 I would also add to that list another reason PVE GEAR 6 premade with imba PVE gear (face roll)
    but i would still take premade vs pug or any mix up than the current AOC mini game sign up

This is the current AOC mini games
    - 6 lvl80 randoms sign map (any gear any aa any skill lvl mix the 3 together) THE RESULT absolute retarded mess! if some of you guys like that kinda pvp then good for you i personaly can't stand it any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Fun fact

Ah, An Illuminati...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post

It was totally epic when sometimes PUG won premade team etc... PUG = K/D whoring and running like headless chickens, nothing else

Again PUG system is epic fail and killed game for many many many people.
    On tyranny, at launch and population was strong, yes, pugs and premades were fun. Now we struggle to get a single game going and allowing a single premade to pug stomp would kill it. Also, when it was allowed, many complained about it, so they created a separate queue. Anyone premading knows it is there, and only the leader needs to sign up the group.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    On tyranny, at launch and population was strong, yes, pugs and premades were fun. Now we struggle to get a single game going and allowing a single premade to pug stomp would kill it. Also, when it was allowed, many complained about it, so they created a separate queue. Anyone premading knows it is there, and only the leader needs to sign up the group.
    Tyranny will be "soon" inside Fury. Fury really has lots of players doing minis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast