Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems after latest maintance 08.08.2013

i play on a laptop with intel/nvidia shared graphics.
    since the last patch.. or what you've done.. it is impossible for me to get the geforce 680m in aoc to work.
    btw. still alot of crashes with this chip
    every 2 hours averaged.
    game runs perfect on my desktop 460gtx.
    but on my book is only the intel 4000 chip working with its low performance, compared to my nvidia.
    all other games on my book perform as usual, but i cannot find any solution for aoc.
    what i've also noticed on both of my systems after the last downtime...
    there is allways a black dosbox that appears when i start aoc und it stays on my desktop till i close the application.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Been getting this either logging a toon or when I do get in, porting through doors.

http://i.imgur.com/ZGBenKE.jpg
    Exactly this. Three times today, bloody annoying.

Cheers Euklid

This thread has now been stuck. As Nusquam said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Thanks for this compilation, it is incredibly helpful. Please keep listing any technical difficulties people are experiencing.
    Please keep this thread related only to NEW issues experienced with the maintenance update put out today (8th August, 2013).
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

The patch was rolled back, this doesn't need to be stickied.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    The patch was rolled back, this doesn't need to be stickied.
    Ok thanks - un-stickying then...just wasn't sure how much of this was still applicable since I hadn't had the chance to get in game when I stuck it, but it all sounded important.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Maybe we could get a short debriefing what did happen with the patch and what it supposed to be doing ? When can we expect a new try?

Funcom

In a nutshell - the code version in the patch was the "boost" update - the one that *should* contain a lot of improvements for lagspikes and general connection.

The EU servers were patched, the US were left and the Ops team wanted to monitor server stats for improvements and/or performance degradation between the two servers.

Obviously there are unforseen bugs in the boost patch, which means it was rolled back on EU.

The consequences of this are such:
    - Boost needs more time as clearly there were some issues that were not visible on either testlive or QA testing.
    - The Coils patch next week, which was supposed to include all boost fixes, will now likely just include the dungeon data and not code changes.

Apologies to anybody whose experience was affected yesterday - we are working to *improve* your experience with AoC, especially from the EU - and it is unfortunate that some bugs had slipped under the radar.

We'll try boost again once we have sorted and resolved the crash reports we picked up yesterday.

It is also important to point out that while boost is a code version, it in no way affects the schedule of new content (apart from the Tradeskill system). So boost won't delay dungeons e.t.c

great to know, thanks for the update and the agility of your decisions to do a rollback. Even though I'm on the US servers and was not affected, quick decisions and actions to fix problems are a great sign.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Ok, Thanks for that info Joel. Hopefully next week with better success.

alo.
    whats going on with patch?everytime i start aoc,a CMD (command prompt window) appears,and the only i can see is "ERROR ERROR ERROR blablabla".i cant read any further because cmd appears only before aoc patcher starts and its just for 1-2 secs. Then in-game,ive got crashes with lightmap something and a wall of text omg >.<

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast