Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Gaute Godager - your questions

Tell us how many time you played with the released game Slith...

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    I feel the question of classes is a bit redundant. Almost all the old classes were merged into what we have today, except for Lich and Scourge of Derketo, who both disappeared completely. This was done to increase the diversity of each class.

Halberdier became polearm Guardian.

Liberator became dual-wield Conqueror.

Zealot became talisman Dark templar.

Reaver became dual-wield Barbarian.

Defiler, Lotus Master and Master Thief became what is now the Assassin.

Waylayer became crossbow Ranger.

Scion of Set and Stormcaller became Tempest of Set.

If anyone is curious, I have the old class descriptions somewhere...
    cool stuff

i personally like how they ended up with 12 classes with 2 class feats for each

with 2 specs u end up playing 2 classes! (but only having to lvl 1 toon)

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Tell us how many time you played with the released game Slith...
    I played some.
    Retired

I have one question, and I apologize if it has already been suggested...

What part of the original concept that did not make it into release does he regret cutting from the launch version?

Thanks

I would like to ask him what he think about what Craig Morrison had done to aoc and if he take today aoc what he will do. Also I would like to ask him if he was agree to the early release of aoc and what he think about this age of soldier classes that we are on right now, even more retarded that the age of casters where he was so criticized for. What he think about where is funcom going and funcom's future, the not that great secret world release and the new lego mmo proyect.
    Last edited by End-of-Clothies; 11th August 2013 at 17:31.

I'd ask him about the capital city siege warfare which was supposed to be introduced. The concept if I remember correctly would be several guilds would have to cooperate to hold these larger Battle Keeps, in fact I remember the first was supposed to be in Khemi and accessible by the guarded door in the souk right before the needle and the wayfarer.

It was that idea and the mercenary system (which never came to be) that originally brought me to the game.

*There was also talk about hiring out NPC mercenaries to fill sieges where guilds lacked enough numbers to defend, and siege equipment could be used outside of predetermined points.
    Last edited by Suctum; 11th August 2013 at 21:46.
    Doomsayer 2008

Those sieges were supposed to hold 3 full raids on each side, that's 144 versus 144, for a total of 288 players on the battlefield. How they even came up with the idea is a puzzle, considering how poorly the regular 48v48 sieges performed.

Age of Conan had so many ideas that never came to fruition. They really wanted to make a great game but they overextended themselves. It's a bit sad, but I still enjoy the game as it is today.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

What was the key event/issue/problem that was the dealbreaker for you and directly led to you leaving Funcom, and who was this problem with?

Please ask if he co-wrote that song with Kimbra or whether it was one of his and he asked her to guest on it.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

I rather like how the 12 classes turned out from so many different ones, it would have been weird raiding with 24 different classes

I think the technology is finally at a point where the Original AoC is actually possible to make. FC should scratch their beeeelionaire suggar daddy for $100 mil to make it happen. And this time it can launch on consoles too

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast