Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Gaute Godager - your questions

Default Interview with Gaute Godager - your questions

Former Age of Conan Game Director Gaute Godager agreed to do an interview for the Hideout.

Post your questions here that you would like me to ask ol' Gaute.
    Retired

Ok i repost these here

1. When do you think would have been the correct time to release Age of Conan?

2. Have you played Age of Conan after you left ?

3. If you would hadnt had no pressure of releasing the game back at 2008, what would you liked to implement to the game?

4. What were the classes that were left out from the game ? I have heard talk about Lich at least.

5. What do you consider was the biggest success you made in AoC and what was the biggest mistake.

questions about old classes is for sure going to be asked.
    Retired

aaaah presitge classes...

"That's not the end of the character development either! In Age of Conan there will be special Prestige classes available for players who join a guild to choose from. These are first available from level five and are in addition to your archetype and class! These prestige classes give the players extra abilities to benefit their guild. Being in a guild is always a key factor in any MMO and in Age of Conan prestige classes provide a deeper and actually meaningful way for players to contribute towards their guild!

There are four prestige classes that players can choose from: Lord, Commander, Crafter or Master. Each brings something different to the guild, from the city building and taxation benefits of the Lord, through the team skills of the Commander and the crafting skills of the crafter to the Master's ability to have an NPC follower to do their bidding! There will be more information released on the prestige classes in the weeks to come as well!"
    Retired

Do you try to create another Age of Conan styled "pvp" game?

What did you think when you heard that Silirrion turned that old amazing PvP game to PvE grind fest?

And old interview from 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGazwqmsvn0

The fact that Gaute Godager changed his career to become a psychologist makes me think he left his developer production the same way a grown man leaves teenagers activities.

Anyway, I would love to hear some anecdotes from the Funcom staff "old glory days".

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    What did you think when you heard that Silirrion turned that old amazing PvP game to PvE grind fest?
    *roll eyes* Guys REALLY? Like I am going to ask THAT.

Be polite and be resonable, Gaute doesn't have to do this so the least we can do is make this interview a nostaligc trip to the past and NOT ASSHATTERY like "DO you thing the game SUCKS now?"
    Retired

I'm trying to watch that vid that Nikepilas posted with the gaute interview (thanks for posting that btw!!!!!)... lol, what the heck is up with the background music being so loud throughout the entire interview!? Along with his accent and the music, I can't understand half of what he is saying.

Amazing Pro Tip to future video interviews: Mute background noises during voice interviews.

As far as ???'s for the new interview, I really only have one. What "really" went down back then that made you throw in the Funcom towel? I know you probably can't ask that, but that would be my question. What was the "straw that broke the camel's back", so to speak?

(assuming Gaute knows how AoC is currently)

x. What would be one thing you would add to the current Age of Conan? Some thing that was planned originally, but isnt yet in game even today.(area/map/dungeon/skill/function/PVP related thing ext.)

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I'm trying to watch that vid that Nikepilas posted with the gaute interview (thanks for posting that btw!!!!!)... lol, what the heck is up with the background music being so loud throughout the entire interview!? Along with his accent and the music, I can't understand half of what he is saying.

Amazing Pro Tip to future video interviews: Mute background noises during voice interviews.

As far as ???'s for the new interview, I really only have one. What "really" went down back then that made you throw in the Funcom towel? I know you probably can't ask that, but that would be my question. What was the "straw that broke the camel's back", so to speak?
    I would like to know that too, but it would be super impolite to ask :P
    Retired

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast