Thread: EQ Next

Default EQ Next

Anyone watch the reveal.

Intriguing...but still high fantasy. I played the original EQ...it is the game that WoW copied and perfected.

EQ next does look to be a true sandbox.

Positives:

True sandbox (and I mean true...if Sony lives up to what they described, pretty cool open world)
    great environment graphics
    destructible environment

Negatives:
    Teen feel (bright toon colors, WoW'ish toons)
    High Fantasy
    Mechanics (unsure how they will perform. Does not look to be tab targeting and one click combat, but it wasn't described)

Watching it fairly closely.

The art direction and over the top combat, and accompanying sound effects, are very disappointing. Other than that it seems it may be good and actually new and unique.

Landmark is a different program from EQ Next and is mostly a construction set for making assets for EQ Next. Make something the devs like and it goes into the game and you get paid royalties.

My understanding is that all characters have will access to all spells and abilities.

There's still a lot of info to come. Pvp hasn't been talked about yet and a destructible world could be interesting in that regard.

Really don't like the artistic style and I'm very tired of high fantasy but haven't decided just yet. I've learned my lesson about judging games still in beta and this is a *very* early build of it. Waiting to see how it turns out.

Edit: Good article on Zam.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=32824
    Last edited by Raeil; 3rd August 2013 at 19:13.

Too early to tell.

My biggest complaint is the character models. I hate the stylized look they went with it.

Agree...the toons are too WoW like, which I loathe.

If Mechanics are good, PVP is good, may be too good to not try.

Very Early though...very early

Its early. But has promise. If they keep it like EQ1 like supposedly is happening then it will be worth it. Everything has consiquences. I remember many days running to get my gear in EQ 1 because of some stupid death. People actually feared death originly as you would suffer.

PVE pvp was also fun way back, game coined the term "TRAIN TO ZONE (or XXX spot) .. fun times.

So the Hitler videos are way overdone... but I really did laugh out loud at this one. Though it helps to be familiar with EQ and Sony.

Hitler reacts to there being no holy trinity in EQNext.

http://youtu.be/iEttbac3HVU