Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AoC's pvper mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    This is a video game and even if in real life, people will use every advantage they have against you. Asking them to throw away their advantage is the stupidest thing.
    Well, this is a video game. And in a game I want to have fun. Maybe some players can only have fun when they are in a superior position - so they need to grind and won't change gear for a fight at eye level.
    Fair or unfair? It's the game. Funcom (in person Craig Morrison) made it this way. Most of the players who didn't like this developing have quitted. So the quoted dialog is not very surprising.

But yes, the game could be different. In my opinion gear does not need to make such a difference - or a difference at all in pvp. Why make advanced (i.e. "skilled") pvpers even more powerful by better gear? They should be able to prove theirselves in pvp without it.
    And what about motivation for pvp without rewards? When I talk to other players about that, many of them answer they would not go to work without salary, either. So, they see this game as work? Man, it's a game, and we all play it in our free time and want to have FUN with it!
    Everybody has to decide for himself what's fun for him. But one should not forget that in pvp there is a counterpart behind another screen who want's to have fun, too. Funcom sabotaged the basic concept of fairness in pvp by pushing aa-perks and better gear. But players play the game and don't need to follow these mechanics slavishly.

I actually think it is v lame to ask for duel especially caster vs caster if u got class, gear and AA + BK advance because that is very hard to overcome with skill

then u ask them at least to put equal gear or dont use t3 craft weapon and they are like "wtf how can this be fair", something is really wrong with these ppl v retarded mmo nerd mentality
    Last edited by Jurski; 3rd August 2013 at 15:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Crastos View Post
    And what about motivation for pvp without rewards? When I talk to other players about that, many of them answer they would not go to work without salary, either. So, they see this game as work? Man, it's a game, and we all play it in our free time and want to have FUN with it!
    its weird, aoc is the only pvp game that had such a high percentage of players with that mentality from what i have tried.

to them they grinded so they should win, if they dont they get pissed...in a game...
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd August 2013 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I want to fight everybody and anybody and if my opponent is far better or more geared i bring friends.
    and so they log or do 6mans

-if you are more geared: you are told thi aint fair

-evenly geared, they shut up and do 6mans

-undergeared, trolled and asked to grind

wheres the pvp at?

Your servers really sound empty !

Just late tonight, with a friend on lowbies (blue/ green gear from trader pvp 0) we killed a PvP 6 Guard a few times... it escalated into a fun 6-8 vs 3 in pin-pin with two or three ungrouped individuals also jumping in and fighting.

We didn't ask anyone to change gear or what so ever. We just called an other friend and enjoyed the mess ! And obviously... lost the fight.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i log on my fresh barb and look for some pvp, i come across a ranger called freddiemerc, we fight, he kills me in 2-3 arrows and avoids fighting unless he has his cc breaks. Even tho there wasnt much of a chance of winning against him and his full khitai grind and pvp gear i had some fun.

eventually i msg him, we talk:

To [Freddiemerc]: i feel like having a good fair fight with you
    To [Freddiemerc]: like*
    To [Freddiemerc]: use greens and no khitai pets
    Shield of the Risen no longer protects you
    To [Freddiemerc]: how about it
    [Freddiemerc]: LOL
    To [Freddiemerc]: i teka ethat for a yes?
    To [Freddiemerc]: ill take*
    You are no longer in PvP Matchmaking.
    You have signed up for Annihilate Opposing Team - Totem Torrent
    Your group signed up for a PvP match.
    [Freddiemerc]: how about this
    [Freddiemerc]: instead of logging onto aoc everyday and losing all your duels then crying about gear n aa's. go get some ffs then come back n duel
    To [Freddiemerc]: coem on deathwish and fight me
    To [Freddiemerc]: i dont log on aoc to pve
    To [Freddiemerc]: nor do i log on everyday
    [Freddiemerc]: so keep losing then

-on deathwish i have every piece of the kesh blue set
    -i have a blue khitai set
    -a pvp t1 set
    -i use a a mix of pvp t1, pvp t3 and khitai blues and purps with a lvl 77 cape

its quite clear to to anyone on the server im willing to adapt to the circumstance of the fight, yet seldom come, all too busy grinding their city or 6mans.

All this to ask, why do you guys have toons on PvP servers to PvE in order to have an unfair advantage?(makes me afraid of the reception of unchained minis, only a few have shown interest, basically none by the grinding players)
    This is funny because he did duel you naked and beat you and you weren't naked and crying about his xbow. You zerging off the pad and jumping him is apparently a duel even funnier. I beat you on my ranger,Opeg,plenty times and it has 1 khitai purp. I beat you almost flawlessly every fight except once you got me close because you pad zerged. I took off my gear and you wouldn't fight me. You crying about a pvp 7 ranger having gear and beating you is idiotic, but then fighting you on my ranger which is pvp 3, you cried in nph "Too much skill" after not beating me even once

your average day in NG on my barb on tyranny:
    -i cross someone, i kill him,
    -he rages in tells,
    -i ask him to duel me
    -he accepts, we fight
    -he says i hack, then he brings a few guildies

has happened on a few occasions, alot of the community on tyranny is completely disinterested in ameliorating their abilities, makes some very lack-luster pvp
    If this is your average day why make a post complaining about how you died? Consistency is paramount to telling a good story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Your servers really sound empty !

Just late tonight, with a friend on lowbies (blue/ green gear from trader pvp 0) we killed a PvP 6 Guard a few times... it escalated into a fun 6-8 vs 3 in pin-pin with two or three ungrouped individuals also jumping in and fighting.

We didn't ask anyone to change gear or what so ever. We just called an other friend and enjoyed the mess ! And obviously... lost the fight.
    yea very very very dead

deathwish is fine, but open world on tyranny just doesnt happen, minis happen cuz of those badges

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshi View Post
    This is funny because he did duel you naked and beat you and you weren't naked and crying about his xbow. You zerging off the pad and jumping him is apparently a duel even funnier. I beat you on my ranger,Opeg,plenty times and it has 1 khitai purp. I beat you almost flawlessly every fight except once you got me close because you pad zerged. I took off my gear and you wouldn't fight me. You crying about a pvp 7 ranger having gear and beating you is idiotic, but then fighting you on my ranger which is pvp 3, you cried in nph "Too much skill" after not beating me even once
    um ill fight anyone, with gear and no gear.
    iv fought ur conq ranger and other toons with purps, that being said, i get intrigued howd it go if gear is balanced

edit: i haz a second khitai blue now, so watch it o.O :P

um ill fight anyone, with gear and no gear.
    iv fought ur conq ranger and other toons with purps, that being said, i get intrigued howd it go if gear is balanced

edit: i haz a second khitai blue now, so watch it o.O :P
    The ranger has barely anything and you could do basically nothing. You fought my hox which is the same and I beat you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast