Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EQ Next

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    This game looks AMAZING but so did AoC when it was in its development phase. But Sony is a huge company so we'll have to see. The only factor preventing me from jumping on board wholesale is that its high fantasy... I'll have to play an elf or something sigh..
    My choice would be the "something". Hell, anything but an elf....
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Denying your true nature? Everyone knows Fjordmonkeys are actually the last descendants of fancy-pants elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Denying your true nature? Everyone knows Fjordmonkeys are actually the last descendants of fancy-pants elves...
    Actually they are the last decendants of fairies, tinker bell style.. Dont give Elves a bad rap.

It actually looks fairly decent. I'll definitely be checking it out. I could give a crap less how the graphics look as long as the gameplay/content is up to par.

The 100 vs. 100 PvP with destructible buildings/walls/equipment is drool worthy.

Also, examining the footage it looks like the buildings get destroyed from where you attack it, meaning I can destroy a section of a wall to direct the flow of traffic in a certain way...which is pretty insane.

Probability of all this going live... low for now. But this is Sony with billions backing them up so...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Actually they are the last decendants of fairies, tinker bell style.. Dont give Elves a bad rap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post

For this, someone will die horribly through various force-feeding of Smalahove and Lutefisk!

Harrumph!
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

its interesting, in particulare the open world. and changeable/destructible terrain. if done right it could be very big.

Not a big fan of the high fantasy setting, or the stylized characters. Depending on the available content though, I could ignore those flaws.

Right now I'm leaning more towards ESO though.

Both games are high fantasy crap with elves and ****.

I'm probably going to go with EQ Next because it seems more sandbox as opposed to ESO that seems like your typical bread and butter mmorpg that's trying to ride its success on a well known IP.

Why people like the elves and dwarves crap so much is beyond me especially since the memo world is flooded with all that stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast