Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mashta View Post
    Can i say to you if you get hair in your food "Deal with it"
    If I gave you a present and you did not like it, would you QQ a fecal storm until I gave you another?

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    If I gave you a present and you did not like it, would you QQ a fecal storm until I gave you another?
    If I were your Rent Broker and something like A/C got broken can I fix it in 7 months and while you wait ill put cheap stinky fan. Can you deal with that ?
    Last edited by mashta; 31st July 2013 at 21:13.

It makes sense that they take three of the most under utilized dungeons to make them unchained. They want people to revisit these dungeons and they know that we won't likely play them the way they are now.

Why make an unchained version of a dungeon people still go through all the time? It's obvious people like Atzels, Xib, etc. People still advertise in global LFM for these instances.

Please, everyone, let's keep our comments away from flaming/trolling others. I've left this thread as is for now because everyone is entitled to their opinions. But if you can't keep them in line with the Social Guidelines perhaps the comments should be made via PM or somewhere else.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I pay for my presents so that why i have right to QQ about it. You still havnt answeared my question.
    You do not get to decide the content of an amusement park. You pay to enter or you do not.

I do not think hair in food is comparable to getting new content, but ofc you could try

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    It makes sense that they take three of the most under utilized dungeons to make them unchained. They want people to revisit these dungeons and they know that we won't likely play them the way they are now.

Why make an unchained version of a dungeon people still go through all the time? It's obvious people like Atzels, Xib, etc. People still advertise in global LFM for these instances.
    Peole avoid those dungeons because they weren't much fun, they don't look great, and the loot wasn't worth the effort. I guess you can make any instance challenging and rewarding, but I don't see why you don't start with instances that already had a lot going for them. Many will avoid those 6 mans just because of how the original instances sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Peole avoid those dungeons because they weren't much fun, they don't look great, and the loot wasn't worth the effort. I guess you can make any instance challenging and rewarding, but I don't see why you don't start with instances that already had a lot going for them. Many will avoid those 6 mans just because of how the original instances sucked.
    That is possible. However with AoK, I probably ran that one once before the unchained version came out. Once. And I've been playing since launch. When the unchained version came out, I probably ran it about a dozen times within the first few weeks/month.

So it's a double edged sword. Either way they go they probably will have people say 'why are you doing THAT?' But what matters is that they are trying to improve all aspects of the game. I like that they're focusing on unpopular areas. May bring some life back to those areas of the game, allowing us to get more diverse game play.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

if funcom wanted to pick the most unpopular dungeon it would have to be either:

Cradle of Decay (level 43? and who has done this aside from once)

---or---

Prison Colony (green loot no one does this)
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

If I were your Rent Broker and something like A/C got broken can I fix it in 7 months and while you wait ill put cheap stinky fan. Can you deal with that ?
    No. I'd rent somewhere where my landlord wasn't a cheap lazy bstard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Sometimes the forum QQing seem worse than global..
    We're getting server merges, a new 6-man and some unchained versions.

Deal with it
    Its easy to say that when you haven't been here 5+ years.

This is the last of the server merges, once the pop dies after this, and it will inevitably happen, there is nothing left. It shouldn't even be at this point. If they had bothered to listen to the community 4 years ago, or put forth any effort, they wouldn't have needed budget cuts/layoffs/restructuring. They asked for their own doom.

Its August, and the new dungeon hasn't been released, they have done NOTHING this entire year so far besides smoke and mirrors.

Unchained versions of 3 worthless dungeons that are just a recycled difficulty/gear change, and will take until the end of the year to go on live. People will give up on them quick.

And still, nothing is happening until the end of August, at least they claim. Keep paying those subs to fund TSW content though.

Deal with what again?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    I'm also still surprised how the downtime for the super large server merge will be only 24 hours, yet before they implied it could be days.
    Well, that was the reason they gave for delaying merges so it is possible that something was "optimalized". I'm glad that it will take just one day.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast