Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – July 2013

To be fair, the only actual rough time estimates Joel has given has been for the server merges, which was "summer" - and that seems to be happening in that time frame.

The rate of updates is certainly something that could be better, but he has not promised to do more frequent updates or as frequent as they do for TSW. So far they seem to be doing what they say. It just that they have not said when things will be delivered.

Disappointing - yes. Broken promises - no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sente View Post
    To be fair, the only actual rough time estimates Joel has given has been for the server merges, which was "summer" - and that seems to be happening in that time frame.

The rate of updates is certainly something that could be better, but he has not promised to do more frequent updates or as frequent as they do for TSW. So far they seem to be doing what they say. It just that they have not said when things will be delivered.

He promissed to merge servers in May enough said. And how it is fair to see one tine little content im 5 months

From my perspective, I see two responses...

Positive - Wow, there is a lot you all are working on. Servers merges will bring back PVPers. The new dungeons, and crafting will help the PVErs, and then unchained minis and ****, AWESOME! Will really kick this game back in to mainstream.

Negative - I don't believe a single word. I bet you get 3 on that list done. We have been waiting a year for something, and all we get are promising posts like this, and nothing tangible.

Flip a coin, your responses will be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sente View Post

He said both the new DS 6 mans would be on TL in May. It's August in a few hours and one is nowhere to be seen, and it appears a grand total of one guy is working on it. He said they were getting on a regular content and maintenance cycle, we're seeing neither. He said in April that several old world dungeons were almost ready for release, yet as of now, not a single one is even on TL, 3 full months after his comments.

And now he's saying a lot of content will be out later this year, yet we all know that there is no way they'll push anywhere near the content he mentioned out the door in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    From my perspective, I see two responses...

Positive - Wow, there is a lot you all are working on. Servers merges will bring back PVPers. The new dungeons, and crafting will help the PVErs, and then unchained minis and ****, AWESOME! Will really kick this game back in to mainstream.

Negative - I don't believe a single word. I bet you get 3 on that list done. We have been waiting a year for something, and all we get are promising posts like this, and nothing tangible.

Flip a coin, your responses will be one or the other.
    First response are those still hopefulls that believe in Joel that he can deliver. Nothing on table just yet. If they gone Release one dongeoun and merge server by yakng whole year is crappy business

Sometimes the forum QQing seem worse than global..
    We're getting server merges, a new 6-man and some unchained versions.

Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post

Deal with it
    Can i say to you if you get hair in your food "Deal with it"

The reality is we are now a 2nd class game to TSW and we will be lucky to get probably 1/2 of the updates we got before.

They still have not even talked about the new raid if it will be T5 (anything but a 24 man T5 will be complete fail).

I'm also still surprised how the downtime for the super large server merge will be only 24 hours, yet before they implied it could be days.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post

Deal with it
    I swear, the existing AoC community has "battered wife syndrome", keep getting beaten and mistreated, yet still stay....

Quote Originally Posted by Harrn View Post
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/g...tter_july_2013

Looks like I'm playing the "wrong" game...
    Development is split equally between AOC and TSW.

Yeah right....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast