Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The gear hump for a new tank... What do to?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    What's a new player to do?
    Normal modes. Seriously, why is the idea of starting with easy stuff so utterly alien to all newbies? Why does this sort of thread keep popping up over and over, why is every new player instantly trying to get into the fastest shiny/time ratio? Not to be the cliched hater, but is this a WoW thing? Gather random groups off of global for normal modes, even if you never get a single drop you'll be getting experience (which is much more important than pixels). You're also %600 more likely to get actual new people or oldies who aren't quitters, lootwhores or whiny babies when you're setting out to a normal mode run.

If you're clinically unable to do normal modes, Vortex, Pillars, Malice and Palace are easily offtankable on HM with terrible gear. Necropolis, Coppice and Abyss don't even need offtank so you can be dps.

Join an aussie guild and your problems should be solved.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

It's not that my guild isn't active enough - it's more that I'm on during the slow hours (I tend to be on with the Aussies, which won't be a lot of people until the server merges).
    I'm part of two Australian guilds and both hold full in guild raids during their hours along with continual 6mans.

The three main oceanic guilds are:

Requiem Nex
    Mist Wolves
    Sons of Gallipoli

Both Requiem Nex and Mist Wolves do T4

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post

Requiem Nex
    Mist Wolves
    Sons of Gallipoli
    In no particular order right Boesch?
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    There is a thing called NM. Most people in the server has forgotten them but surprise, suprise they're still there.

If I were you I'd start a group for Monastery and Vortex NM myself. You can offtank (even MT) perfectly NMs if you have 80 lvl gear. Its not the fast way to get gear but its the most honest and fun.

Another thing, if you are in a guild where the most people play in a different shcedule than you... find another guild.
    Yeah, NMs and guild/friend runs please. Dont join PUG HMs please. I hate all those useless PUG "offtanks" out there with zero aggro and zero class knowledge.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

NMs? Are you kidding me? Every time I've ever tried to build a NM run, I've been stuck sitting in a group of one until I gave up.
    No one bites for NM runs.

And sorry people like me who OT for pugs while I gear up piss you off. I'd much rather be MTing, but I just don't have the gear for it. Crazy huh?
    :P
    (Actually, to be honest, I'd much rather be rocking a Talisman, but that would make it even harder to get into groups to get gear than it is trying to tank!)
    Last edited by Schwann145; 7th August 2013 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondtus View Post
    In no particular order right Boesch?
    Awwwww! We all love Boesch. And I swear it's totally not just because he remembers the route through T'ian'an for the time trial either
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

No one bites for NM runs.
    It should be no surprise that "LF tanks and heals for NM mines, must have gear/aa/xp, 1/6" generates no bites.
    Sillyness aside, it must be a server issue. I very rarely had much trouble filling normal groups on Crom. At least merges are gonna happen someday.

I was OT'ing Flame/Vortex/Palace like crazy when I wanted to gear up my DT.

Get a blue crafted set from the trader and put white gems in it for OT'ing Vortex and Palace.

For Flame, just use Goad/Fe/Dread when needed (Don't spam) and you should be brain dead by the time you gear up.

I didn't set foot in those 3 places for a few weeks after I got decent amount of gear, was sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post

Requiem Nex
    Sons of Gallipoli

Mist Wolves
    Fixed it for you Pondt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast