Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The gear hump for a new tank... What do to?

Default The gear hump for a new tank... What do to?

So I've noticed something when trying to get into K6 groups - If you're a soldier and you're not tanking, you're likely not doing the instance (because to dps you'd be taking a Rogue/Mage slot).
    However, if you don't have enough gear, then you're not gonna be able to tank the Khitai stuff.

It feels like I need rares to get gear to get into the instances where I get the rares...

What's a new Soldier to do?

Get T1/2 gear from raids and join as offtank, start with easy instance like Palace and Vortex, where you can just kite stuff in green gear while the main tank will take the beating.

Join HM groups with your guild mates who will carry you since you'll be a bit useless as a tank who can't tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Get T1/2 gear from raids and join as offtank, start with easy instance like Palace and Vortex, where you can just kite stuff in green gear while the main tank will take the beating.

Join HM groups with your guild mates who will carry you since you'll be a bit useless as a tank who can't tank.
    This

Plus even stark naked you can cast a dread shadow which is an off tank anyway.

Actually it's way better to farm faction blues than T1/T2 gear since it's totally crap for dt, only the weapons are useful until you get some khitai epic.

just take the rogue/mage slot since u do more dmg anyway

ok more serious everything was said raids,guild runs, offtank, even pugs sometimes search for something like 1xheal,1xrogue,1xrandom <--be the random

In spite of the remarks about T1/T2 gear for DT, it's plenty good enough to off tank most K6 content. Get into a HOC group and pick up the blues. They're not too bad and you can pick up rares in the mean time.

If getting into a group is an issue for you, then you need to find a more active guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    just take the rogue/mage slot since u do more dmg anyway

ok more serious everything was said raids,guild runs, offtank, even pugs sometimes search for something like 1xheal,1xrogue,1xrandom <--be the random
    This is what I've been trying to do, but more often than not, these groups fall apart. I've had tanks leave group because they don't want to compete with a dps slot on soldier gear, and I've seen tanks join group, see two soldiers, and immediately leave.
    It's rough. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee
    If getting into a group is an issue for you, then you need to find a more active guild.
    It's not that my guild isn't active enough - it's more that I'm on during the slow hours (I tend to be on with the Aussies, which won't be a lot of people until the server merges).

join an aussie guild then :P

One other thing you can do to gear up is to run plenty of solo hardmode instances. Iron Statues is going to be difficult without practice on a new DT; but Forgotten City is easily within reach, and Apostate is doable. There are a wide variety of blue rings and trinkets in those instances that will be very handy for you, and rare tokens are always nice even if it's only one.

If you're subscribed, VoM should be in easy reach with the bonus AA points.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

There is a thing called NM. Most people in the server has forgotten them but surprise, suprise they're still there.

If I were you I'd start a group for Monastery and Vortex NM myself. You can offtank (even MT) perfectly NMs if you have 80 lvl gear. Its not the fast way to get gear but its the most honest and fun.

Another thing, if you are in a guild where the most people play in a different shcedule than you... find another guild.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 31st July 2013 at 06:31.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast