Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I heard in NPH

Default Things I heard in NPH

There are a lot of comments I see in NPH made by new players to the game. One of the most common goes like this, "I just increased the settings in the game and now it looks awsome!"

There are three important things funcom can do to make newcomers stay.

1. Make the game start with high settings for a first time new player. They can always reduce settings if they have a really old comp and are experiencing frame rate issues. You could prompt the first time user to choose between high medium and low even before they start the game.

2. Revamp Tortage graphics so that trees and architecture look less blocky. You really notice the difference if you go from playing your 80 in HoC/Khitai/Turan to a low level character in tortage. You need to keep in mind that people are now playing more modern games and tortage was designed for low-mid range computers 5 years ago.

3. Upgrade the UI. Experienced players eventually end up with stonerune or something else, but new players don't even know third party UI's exist for the game. The UI exists as a tool between the player and the game and if they are comfortable with the controls they will be free to enjoy the game.

Actually tortage graphics are superior to rest of the game

Trees and bushes look horrible everywhere in game, after engine update they have been 2d trash image which turns around following your camera

Also, they did 1) already

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Actually tortage graphics are superior to rest of the game

Trees and bushes look horrible everywhere in game, after engine update they have been 2d trash image which turns around following your camera

Also, they did 1) already
    Well, I kinda miss old dreamworld engine. Lately I was watching some "frapsed" stuff from 2010 and game actually looked better.

Bandytaz can u repost those vids plz?

I miss shader model 4, waves and wrinkles on clothing

OOOooor! They can simply run a system check on first launch and have that option avail that automatically chooses the gfx settings for best performance. I've wish AoC had this 5 years ago because you spend so much time flicking things you aren't really sure what kind of impact it has on your system. (Mind you 5 years ago almost everyone had to run things on low so it didn't matter haha)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by -Blash- View Post
    Bandytaz can u repost those vids plz?
    I actually never uploaded most of them, you know, I was just recording a lot of things for fun. Unfortunately I don't have time to edit and upload it (250GB footage).

Old, pre-dreamworld, engine had option called Advanced Transparent Foliage, that made all green stuff looks prettier, even in SM2.0

That's only one ss I have left from those times.

http://imgur.com/QSEhakz

SM2.X no shadows beside from characters, short high quality drawing range (rock on left, bleh). Trees were too far, but look at grass. It looked even better with self-shadows and in 3.0 so it could move on wind (in 2.0 or 2.x foliage was static).
    Last edited by bogus; 30th July 2013 at 19:18.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Yes, unfortunately, Dreamworld was a step down in terms of visuals. Prior to Dreamworld, DX10 was very nice. A lot was lost, whether noticed or not. Characters losing texture quality, enhanced ocean waves becoming a twitch of jello, when before waves would actually carry your character up and down several feet. Godrays where the most noticeable change making it blurry and hazy. In fact, DX 10 is almost not functional at all and is mostly just a simulated version of it's previous self.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast