Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hox Entity Message

Semi-necro, but I didn't feel like this deserved its' own topic... Has anyone figured out the meaning of the 'normal' Entity chatter? It seems he mentioned a 'king' often, I haven't taken the time to write down all his lines, but some of the stuff he says seems to be some prophecy-like stuff, such as "A king will come", "The Yellow King!" and "Bejeweled in weeping cysts". At first I thought this referred to the Emperor, as he wears yellow, but considering by the time we get to the Entity we've already killed the Emperor, and that the Entity doesn't really seem to hold Yah Chieng in a very high regard (iirc, he calls him "the king of termites" in the cutscene you can view in Yag, and he considers humans "chattering vermin" and "simians with only three dimensions" or something similar). Were perhaps the lines recorded before the T4 raid was finished, so Funcom didn't know they would make us kill the Emperor before getting to the Entity? Or does "Yellow King" refer to Yun, the Khitai god of death (and death itself more abstractly? This doesn't seem to make sense considering the Yellow Priests of Yun seem opposed to the Emperor/Entity and loyal to the former dynasty...)? The colour yellow seems to have some significance in real life Chinese history/myth, I believe "The Yellow Emperor" is an important figure there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Semi-necro, but I didn't feel like this deserved its' own topic... Has anyone figured out the meaning of the 'normal' Entity chatter? It seems he mentioned a 'king' often, I haven't taken the time to write down all his lines, but some of the stuff he says seems to be some prophecy-like stuff, such as "A king will come", "The Yellow King!" and "Bejeweled in weeping cysts". At first I thought this referred to the Emperor, as he wears yellow, but considering by the time we get to the Entity we've already killed the Emperor, and that the Entity doesn't really seem to hold Yah Chieng in a very high regard (iirc, he calls him "the king of termites" in the cutscene you can view in Yag, and he considers humans "chattering vermin" and "simians with only three dimensions" or something similar). Were perhaps the lines recorded before the T4 raid was finished, so Funcom didn't know they would make us kill the Emperor before getting to the Entity? Or does "Yellow King" refer to Yun, the Khitai god of death (and death itself more abstractly? This doesn't seem to make sense considering the Yellow Priests of Yun seem opposed to the Emperor/Entity and loyal to the former dynasty...)? The colour yellow seems to have some significance in real life Chinese history/myth, I believe "The Yellow Emperor" is an important figure there.
    Check this out

"An avatar of Hastur, or possibly Nyarlathotep, who is the title character of [the] play. The King In Yellow usually takes the form of a gigantic human dressed in tattered yellow robes, occasionally with wings or a halo. It usually wears the Pallid Mask which conceals the hideousness of its appearance. Worship of this being has increased dramatically in recent years, and many artists and intellectuals have fallen under the King's sway."

http://kinginyellow.wikia.com/wiki/The_King_In_Yellow
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 25th November 2014 at 17:26.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I'll leave that here .
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Check this out

"An avatar of Hastur, or possibly Nyarlathotep, who is the title character of [the] play. The King In Yellow usually takes the form of a gigantic human dressed in tattered yellow robes, occasionally with wings or a halo. It usually wears the Pallid Mask which conceals the hideousness of its appearance. Worship of this being has increased dramatically in recent years, and many artists and intellectuals have fallen under the King's sway."

http://kinginyellow.wikia.com/wiki/The_King_In_Yellow
    Thanks! That's pretty cool, I see I still have a lot to learn about the Cthulu mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivnomancer View Post
    That was actually during my first week on Conan (Joel had already been there). Joel and I did an all-nighter and much of that night, I was working on the Entity. HoX love!
    Is there any other interesting stuff you would like to tell us? There MUST be more stuff.. like the hidden dead Vanir's and Ymir's in Cimmeria, i've Always wondered what's up with that.
    Beep boop.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Thanks! That's pretty cool, I see I still have a lot to learn about the Cthulu mythos.
    The Yellow King is not part of Cthulhu's cycles and is not of Lovercraft, it's Robert Chambers, which is a beautiful quote from this lesser-known of Lovercraft author but that could be considered the father of that kind. The yellow king was a fantasy piece (theater) that was said to make crazy who read/see it, as well as Lovercraft's inspiration did with his Necronomicon!
    Victory or Death

Carcosa, u can find something on True Detective season 1 (awesome)
    Killraven The arsenal conq - Baalsogoth (Herald of Awesomness) - Killdarkness (DT) - Killshadows (Guard) - Killrazor (barb) - Demoraven (demo) - Enasht (ToS) - Giuliette (ranger)

I know only 3 words: D P S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12