Thread: Black Screen, Cursor, No Sound, No Launch

Default Black Screen, Cursor, No Sound, No Launch

I'm pretty frustrated. It took me quite some time to download this game, and now I can't even play it. It goes from the updater to a black screen with just the cursor. No sound plays in the background, which I have read happens to some people. I do have Nvidia GeForce GT 650M card, and I have also researched that people with the Nvidia 600 series cards are experiencing crashes, but I can't even get the game to even launch. There's no error message, even if I wait for 15 minutes. Is this the same issue as the 600 series? Or any other help?

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: M14xR2
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.24A10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16266MB RAM
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 1696 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
    Shared Memory: 1632 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

And the Nvidia GeForce 650m

Thank you, or I'm sorry for reposting but I didn't see this exact thing anywhere

Well I don't get that you say you have a Nvidia 650m card, but you list Intel HD graphics which are the on-processor graphics.

Which one are you really using? Is the computer actually locked up?

Its seems like a problem with the graphics, hard to guess with such limited info, but make sure your computer is actually using the video card and that the driver is the latest. Make sure Windows is up to date, and there is no garbage antivirus blocking anything.

That nice of a system and you didn't get a full HD screen, rather pathetic imo.

I hate Ailenware, they are nothing but a crappy overpriced Dell. I am sorry that you wasted your money on that pile and it will most likely overheat and die in 6 months or a year. Nice parts, video cards a little lacking, but its def a shitty brand.

I would've gotten a Razer.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Well...Thank you, and it was a gift, so I didn't really decide on it. I don't like it much either, and have issues with it, but it's what I have.

When I bring up the System Information, it lists both cards. When I check Nvidia while the game is running, it says that Nvidia is being used.