Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Barbarian get a small buff?

Default Should Barbarian get a small buff?

Don't get me wrong, the class is not gimped nor Underpowered, in fact I believe barbarian to this date is the most balanced class in aoc.

However, with most the other classes being quite overpowered in someway. Barb may seem gimped.

Truth is I have no clue why Funcom nerfed barbarian so much through each update.
    First they took away Lure.
    Then they made the game Gear dependent
    Combo Cancel removed.
    Clobber Root gone
    Blood Rage nerfed ( sometime it dosnt even work and sometimes it hit 15stacks within 10sec which made it useless)
    Added direction step before CCs ( slowed down gameplay. Made the intention of cc so obvious. Anticipation almost not required)
    Staggering Punch Snare nerf 30% is max you get now (while you have classes IE necro/frozen hatred that snares aoe for 13 sec every other 20sec)
    Reaver build, great dps but you die faster than a sin.
    What else am I missing?

I couldn't help but notice no matter what other class I play, each time I perform a combo/spell the opponent would always have a bunch of debuffs/dots on them. The ONLY class that doesn't have this is zerker barb. Reaver is heavily cool down based and anything reaver can do a Carnage Conq does it better.

So my suggestion:

Increase the speed of barbarian combos
    Give clobber root back
    Fix Blood Rage so that it works correctly

Pretty much it, very minor in buff heck its not even a buff.

To avoid others complaining, funcom nerf arcane marauder. Make it like the haste ablity. There problem solved.

While I see your point. I'm pretty sure this would end up being a careful what you wish for situation, and at this point in games life I would personally rather see some other issues addressed before way before they start sorting thru character code the first being the nvidia 600 issues, but yes the changes would be interesting and you make valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by tsquared2 View Post
    the first being the nvidia 600 issues,
    update your nvidea drivers mate, they ninja fixed it.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Use proper aa's and u will never have any stance issues. Barb was super op for so long, his time to be weak one for a while ^^

P.S. Clobber root is impossible now, coz of new cc mechanics tho :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

Changing the way barbarian stacks expire would do the job.

Instead of stacks dropping to 0 after the 15s timer expires, they should drop 30% of your current stacks and the timer should reset.
    So if you have 15 stacks and your timer expires you get 10 stacks and your timer resets to 15s.

Of course this would make the AA skill determination obsolete so that also would have to change.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I've been here since early release and played nothing but barb.
    Along with the astounding lack of game content, this game has been nothing but one big joke on subscribers. You have a tank class in heavy armor(conq) that can keep up, and in some cases, out-dps a barb. WTF is up with that!? Still no cc's for the reaver barb. We have a big aa worthless 60% bubble that not one single barb uses.
    About the ONLY reason people ask for rogues in 6mans is for FH/TW.
    Oh, and not to mention the barb class is the ONLY class in the game that does not have standard crafted gear. And how many years has it been like that!? 3 years? 4 years?

I could go on but there is no point. FC is what FC does.

F this game and FC.

In the hands of most players the class is a shadow of what it was before. Indeed its a shadow of conq nowadays. Not sure if the best way out of this is the buff it over conq or to nerf conq slightly.

Any buff to barb should come at the expense of a slight nerf to perma-, stacking speedbuffs.
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Barb need litle buff not much
    Last edited by mashta; 2nd August 2013 at 14:55.

1 Reaver barbs - compared to other classes

Each class but Reaver barb have no ****en cc that they can perform with their dualwield weapons. While other classes like conqs have same dps heavy armor and can do 3 ccs and dont need to switch weapons.

Now every class but barb have at list one cc that does not require them to preload combo. So Funcom you take away our insta connect ccs while others have it Conq sin hox guard bs ranger pom tos demo necro and Dts.

Barbarian is fun class to play but it is outdated class. In pvp barb nearly outclassed vs other classes. After first revamps barb and bear shmman was first two classes then it was conqs. Sins then conqs and bs had their second revamps while barbs had been left out.

Barb need few tools tweaked like

Reaver

Need at list one cc that shares cooldown with other cc pick one. Suggestion changing Dont Fear the Reaver see below.

Sever = useless both for pvp and pve give reaver barbs so it puts some bleeds on target after Cyclone of Steel.

Predatory instincts = even with AA buble this is useless due to hit rating being so op now days make this ability so next enemy combo or spell give 100% evade dodge.

Back in the fray = needs buffing or change to be a clicky similar to lure when Reaver at 30% hp barb has ability to reduce next enemy combo hits 50%

Dont fear the reaver - Needs to be a clicky puts curse on enemy target that if that enemy use cc on them it reflects their cc back at them. Ability curse stays on target for 7 seconds Dont Stop the Reaver.

Hammer and Avil = after combo nerf its useless make it clicky wich buffs barbarian combo damage for short time.

Comotos = useless people have so many cc brakes it no point to spec. Make it so by investing 2 points it reduces Thirst for Blood and Horde Cd.
    Unstoppble = also make so barbarian cant be ccd while this ability active.

NO Escape = reduce casting time i swear its freaking so hard to stun moving target nearly useless.

Paralysis = make it clicky root ty.

Devastation = make so crit stack disapears only if barbarian combo crits if barb does white hit crit it reduces 1 stack down.

I would like to see same Critical Chance for Butcher combos & Upheaval Combo like from Reaver Stance (Cyclone of Steel & Upheaval):

- 7-9 stack > Increase Critical Chance +5%, Affects Butcher & Upheaval Combo

- 10-12 stack > Increase Critical Chance +10%, Affects Butcher & Upheaval Combo

- 13-15 stacks > Increase Critical Chance +15%, Affects Butcher & Upheaval Combo

Also, Berserker, Ability - No Escape

One of the most useless CC in the game, very easy to run away from barbarian who is trying to use it, like the same CC on assassin "Opportunistic Strike" (also stun).

Instant cast again would be awesome = useful in pve + pvp.
    We will be Serious after death.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast