Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do I heal? (PvE)

Default how do I heal? (PvE)

so I have an 80 tos.. running thunder/general build. what's the key to healing? keep blues and greens up?

use vitalizing jolt and big heal when tanks hp gets low? same thing with celestial gaze?

also what aa feat should I get for healing? I was thinking the bubble or the dark idol.

You just summed it up.

Blue and green heals up all the time, don't spam them though.
    Big heal when needed, when your tank is around 60% health for instance (don't wait for him to be at 10% health).
    That's all you need for healing, if your tank or group goes down with green and blue up, then the issue lies somewhere else.

Forget AA, you can get marginal heal from that but nothing significant that would turn the table consistently, although that idol of set is a very nice tool, nowhere near mandatory, just nice to have from time to time.

Celestial gaze is a waste of your mana and dps.

As a healer, don't forget healing is only one aspect of your purpose, but you can also provide lots of dps and excellent buffs/debuffs. Those will be the difference between a bad healer and a good one.
    Last edited by Mellaus; 25th July 2013 at 15:38.

Once you get HR gear the AA heals do become very significant, especially when your HR is over 4K.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Healing in AoC is an incremental, over time mechanic. Your blue heal will contribute most of the healing. To put things in perspective, your "big" heal Vitalizing Jolt will only replenish about 10% of a soldier health, and only once a minute. Even though you are playing a healing class, the healing role in AoC is secondary to that of damage and debuffing. Casting heals won't take much of your overall time. As a ToS you are expected to contribute as much as some DPS classes in terms of damage.

Celestial Gaze is not bad: with over 1k heal rating (achievable w/o compromising much of your DPS), and casting twice a minute makes it roughly equivalent to your big heal. But if the heals on the tank(s) are sufficient (i.e on average heals are outpacing incoming damage) don't waste your time with Gaze.

As noted above, don't spam your blue heals - recast your blue only with a 5 stack of Faithful of Set.

Also there's no reason to spec into General, except may be for very obscure scenarios (e.g. healing kiting tanks in T3 crafting), but even then. Here's a typical PvE ToS hybrid spec:
    http://goo.gl/B52WL

You should always be casting something. Once familiar with encounters you should be spellweaving whenever you can.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

ty 4 responses and pve build.

do have another question actually regarding gear/stats..

should i have like a certain amount of heal/hit rating?

as for gear i was thinking going scarlet circle or yellow priest. kinda hesitant with the yag-kosha gear.
    Last edited by paladinatrius; 25th July 2013 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinatrius View Post
    do have another question actually regarding gear/stats..

should i have like a certain amount of heal/hit rating?

as for gear i was thinking going scarlet circle or yellow priest. kinda hesitant with the yag-kosha gear.
    typically a ToS will go for scarlet circle because DPS is king.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

+1 for scarlet circle.

Hit rating is highly important, even more in khitai and higher dungeon/raids tiers.

Don't bother with Yag Kosha, this set is useless 99% of the time.

As a caster (PoM and ToS are casters), you have massive fire power capability, so exploit it by going for gear with high hit, crit and magical damage.

Heal rating/AA heals are not strictly required - as long as everything goes smooth, you don't need any of them. They're useful if you have weak party/raid or there's not enough healers etc.

http://cynarablog.wordpress.com/2012...st-armor-sets/
    http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php

Despite the emphasis on DPS you should still try to accumulate a few Yag Kosha heal rating/protection pieces once you get your DPS pieces. Also nice to have pieces that give you more health. Allows you to adapt to more situations, and will be helpful should you decide to raid T4.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast