Thread: No HoX revamp for foreseeable future

Default No HoX revamp for foreseeable future

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...54#post2049254
    2. When is the HoX revamp coming? Is it gonna be released between the big content update?

I think I have said this before, but there has been no information provided to the current team about the HoX revamp. It hasn't been prioritised at all.
    13. Have the rest of the class revamps (casters) been taken off the table for the time being? Or are they currently in the works still? And if it’s still in the works is there any timeline available?

No timeline on these. The systems team have a lot to catch up on before they can revamp classes.
    Sad. But I'm a tiny bit relieved too.

I'm still going to suggest a couple class changes. Like swap Hell on Earth and Fire Lance, then buff Fire Lance: bam, full Avatar becomes a spec option.
    Last edited by Prima; 26th June 2013 at 15:53.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post

I'm still going to suggest a couple class changes. Like swap Hell on Earth and Fire Lance, then buff Fire Lance: bam, full Avatar becomes a spec option.
    Not really. A few other things would have to be done. Like making Hell on Earth be a moveable buff. Making the polymorph stun innate as well as making instant Hellfire Breath innate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Not really. A few other things would have to be done. Like making Hell on Earth be a moveable buff. Making the polymorph stun innate as well as making instant Hellfire Breath innate.
    A moveable CR self-buff that big at Tier5 would be overkill; lots of HoXes don't have HVoX in their raid spec; and you can still make HfB instant in a two Tier-9 Avatar build.

I'm not suggesting creating a new must-have, one-size-fits-all spec. I survived 1.05 once already. I just wanted a new spec option. And I think we can get it by simply swapping two feats and rolling Fire Lance back to what it was at launch. It'd result in a net raid-DPS gain, but HoXes have room for that.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Making hell on earth a debuf aura would be interesting i dont mind that you need to waste 5 points to get instant hfb but at least give somethin better then 10 points of fiery weapons ,and make instant inferno curse debuf

Put a longer buff time on the hox resses. Its just plain wrong to have to recast them every 30 minutes.

30-minute casts are fine. One should be always be on his toes and keep them up: this makes the game more interesting.

Hell on Earth is a great single-target DPS spell. Feat it for single-target DPS along with the instant curse.

No revamps are needed for the HoX class, but some other recently revamped classes could be debuffed for PVP a bit. Otherwise, there will be an endless chain of people asking to make their class more viable in PVP; thus eliminating any challenge from PVE.

What tweaks are needed? Just the intelligence-magic damage bug fixed.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    30-minute casts are fine. One should be always be on his toes and keep them up: this makes the game more interesting.

Hell on Earth is a great single-target DPS spell. Feat it for single-target DPS along with the instant curse.

No revamps are needed for the HoX class, but some other recently revamped classes could be debuffed for PVP a bit. Otherwise, there will be an endless chain of people asking to make their class more viable in PVP; thus eliminating any challenge from PVE.

What tweaks are needed? Just the intelligence-magic damage bug fixed.
    Are you sure that HoX is your main? Because I'm not so sure at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    my list of thinguies

.make burning skull a no time limit buff similar to necro's flesh of the wight, and review "feeding the pyre" feat in aa's
    .make inferno curse instant cast and place burning hex by default
    .make searing hatred dot enabled by default on any pillars of flame rank
    .please make inteligence afect burn to death dot from combo and ffs make it crit without the need of using prince of terror
    .make hellfire breath inately instant cast
    .remove from phoenix cloak the cold damage penalty and the damage multiplier penalty
    .reduce combo animations especialy on burn to death 6 and hellstrikes 6
    .make fire lance inate
    .make combo damage more realiable, makes no sense that hs6, fire lance,btd6 sometimes crit so high and other times simply do crap damage
    .move deamonic leech to possession tree and reduce it to 3 points and ether thirst 1 point only
    .reduce colldown of demonic suplication to 5 minutes and make it 1 point only feat
    .remove "horrible visage of xotli" feat and make it inate then when polimorphing you do a stun
    .move molten flesh higher up possession tree so its easier to spec it for pve
    .move improved burning skull to possession tree
    .remove or rethink "improved phoenix cloak" feat, and if kept as a hate decrease feat move it to avatar and reduce its cost to 3 points
    .make undying glory of xotly inate and a buff that lasts until you use
    .make thundering flames silence efect on hfb inate
    .make helstep dot last a few more secs by default and use feats lingering heall not only increase its duration but damage as well in noticeable amounts, also from beyond perk should increase the damage of hellstep, currently damage of helstep dot is miserable would be very cool to make it a better dot in the lines of searing hatred lasting max 15 secs on target after charge with better damage then current values
    .make feats insanity of xotli/dark blessing of xotli also renew some health to player
    .make searing curse inate to molten steel slash, and searing curses feat significantly increse this dot damge as well and combo damage, also highly needed is a stun/kb combo/spell, i thik this combo is winning candidate for it
    .make feat fury of xotli 1 point only
    .remove animation from inferno curse it always bugs and it simply looks awfull and slightly increase its base damage
    .increase prince of terror duration to 25 secs
    given nothing changed i still think exactly the same
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Are you sure that HoX is your main? Because I'm not so sure at this point.
    He also made the suggestion of not using inferno in a single target DPS build so I am honestly confused.