Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanity gear in minis

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    People are seriously trying to calculate their opponent's gear before attacking?? lol

Tell me how you figure out what rings, necklaces, capes, head gear (if in hide) and AA's they have by observing what they are wearing? Plus you would have to look pretty hard at wrists and shoulders(which are usually covered).
    You don't need to know all the gear one player has. Just the main pieces gives you an overview of how resistant he will be or not and how much DPS he'll deliver.
    The amount of gear he has, and where it came from gives you an idea of how much farming he's likely to have farm and thus guess the amount of AA he's likely to have.

Pair that to guild he's in and PvP level and you've got a rather accurate picture of what we's wearing.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would also like to add that they should implement Weapon Vanity. Of course it won't be as free as armor vanity so you wont be seeing people wearing 2hs that look like daggers.

I am thinking turning 1h swords > 1h sword, daggers > daggers ect ect would be fine.

As others have mentioned, a lot of the PvP gear looks really horrible. Especially 1h swords, not looking forward to when my DT can purchase the PvP8 / pvp10 1h sword...
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    As others have mentioned, a lot of the PvP gear looks really horrible. Especially 1h swords, not looking forward to when my DT can purchase the PvP8 / pvp10 1h sword...
    Take the axes then ! They rock
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Take the axes then ! They rock
    PvP axes really suck man, worst weapons in whole game. Id take tortage blue axe over pvp 10 one

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Disabling vanity only benefits kd whores and similar people. They can see instantly badly geared characters and go on them 24/7

With vanity gear there would be more variety on battles
    I have to agree with this. I don't really care about K/D, but I do notice when a team is full of weakly geared players. Fresh meat. Enabling vanity would make matches more interesting and un-predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    I have to agree with this. I don't really care about K/D, but I do notice when a team is full of weakly geared players. Fresh meat. Enabling vanity would make matches more interesting and un-predictable.
    When you spot 2 soldiers, is it not better that you know who is in cloth and who is in armor before you engage?

Dont seem fair to the non-soldiers that solders get this advantage.

I understand why DTs would prefer this but for most others?

And even if you are not in the mini for K/D would you not still want to kill the weaker player first so you have a numbers advantage?

For unchained i think vanity should be ok because you know what to expect based on class alone.
    I am Stian ingame...

Disabling vanity in pvp in a gear based game makes sense I guess. However they forgot to disable the hide gear option in pvp as well... So then it becomes pretty pointless and we may as well have full vanity in pvp. In open world and duels there is full vanity + hidden gear and no one complains about it on pvp servers.

Personally I want full vanity + perma open gear on pvp servers. That plus less gear impact in pvp of course but that's for another thread.
    Last edited by kalston; 26th July 2013 at 12:13.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

They definately need vanity in minis my ranger pvp 7 gear is horrible looking and my set of tigers faction isn't any better.... fix this now FC if we can't kill in style at least let us get farmed in style

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    I would also like to add that they should implement Weapon Vanity. Of course it won't be as free as armor vanity so you wont be seeing people wearing 2hs that look like daggers.

I am thinking turning 1h swords > 1h sword, daggers > daggers ect ect would be fine.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Vanity and gear hide in minis should be disabled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast