Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: History of The Legion of Amun-Ra (Part 2)

Azmith
    Bear Shaman Cimmerian

The Brotherhood

Cimmeria PvP-RP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dunes about him were scorching, mirrage and skewed vision after mirrage and skewed vision were all he came to know. How he got here was unclear in his mind. The war that had raged back in those days was all consuming to the Snowhawk battle commander. He was entrusted by the elders to lead men into battle despite his mental conditions, and it had not gone unwarrented. Many fell at their feet, many a Stygians bloodied head smashed to the muddied ground below. It was the southern bastion that felt the brunt of all force, as the thick of this war resided in the deserts, jungles, and swamps of Stygia and Kush. Battle was closing in, and victory was in reach the night that Illiad fell to betrayel. Horns blew, his contingent of men driving the aggresors around them back into the swamps as more of the CLansmen formed behind the final push. "KALAPURRRRRRNA!!!"

Victory was theirs, but a great feat of evil had found it's way into the mass of Clansmen and southen' warrior slaves. He was ordered out, into the swamps, with two of the hired hands that were asked to aid in this fight. He knew the mission all too well, to search out and anhilate any survivors lingering about the outskirts of the bastion. The last thing he remembered before wakeing on the side of a dune was a sharp pain in his neck, and blackness.

Nine months of wandering, nine months of seeking out water and what little food he could find in the barren wastes... nine months... alone... save for the cackling of a pack of Hyenas that constantly followed him about. Perhaps it was the blood dried and caked on his skin, perhaps it was the scent of the wolf that lay dead over his head. Whatever 'it' was, the ravenous pack seemed to take heed of the shaman. The heat of the sun, the madness already present in his mind. He was lost, searching... Crazed.
    None could truely lay blame for the change that the creature Illiad would soon undergo...

November 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM #1
    starhunterceo
    Tempest of Set Stygian

BoS- House Jade Asp

Cimmeria PvP-RP The Legs of Amun Ra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Roughly one month ago prior to the search for Hnazant yet after the release from Abydos….New Sepermeru, House Jade Asp Trade Center.

The Prophet was arranging his accommodations; another shipment of tomes arriving from Sepermeru and needed to be secured. Unopened crates littered his opulent bed chambers. The Sultans had done everything necessary to make him comfortable. They had spared no expense. Silks embroidered in the ancient technique were woven with gold and azure. Gold sconces laden with bur bur stones and lapis reflected on a fountain. They had forged a working bath fountain in his room! There were 12 stallions dancing beneath the marble stone mosaic. The Prophet remained uncertain, wealth has a way of distracting conviction. Many of his writings, the ancient tomes of Sepermeru, the vessels containing the essence of the dead hearts of the Loa Polka, even the canopic jars prepared for the Lich King still remained in Xu’Set. He would need to send his new army to retrieve them when they had grown powerful enough. These needs had been overshadowed by more pressing concerns. The vision of the Ancient God Amun Ra.

The prophet reclined in a silken ottoman staring at his divine armor on its stand in the corner. The suit transformed before him. Legs of water began to step a strange rhythm. Arms whirled with the twisting air of the dervish. Eyes of fire melted away the metal helm and shone forth tracing a strange path along the gold hilted ceiling with each kata. The powerful ebony phallus stood erect and poised. Blood oozed from the armors pores. Those vulnerability points where metal met metal were now pulsating with reddened ichor that moved more like tendrils as the form continued to dance. The reverberating steps caused the metal to drone and speak. Aum, the word of creation. The vibration grew deafening as the armors dance became a blur. The ethereal form began pulling all within the room into the heart of the vortex. Soon the prophet was again within the tranquility of the center. Calm, silence now. The barren void where time and timelessness were one in nirvana. In that moment the message was clear.
    The prayers of Tempestra awoken him to the now as his eyes flicked and fell upon the candlelit armor. The flames danced along the golden inlays as it rested upon the cotton bodystand.

The noble houses had gone in search of the lost relics of Amun Ra months ago. None returned successful.

Lord Neverlin had been distracted from finding the eyes of Amun Ra by the slave girl Kemena. He had lost his conviction and become distracted. He lingered in lotus dens and among *****s drowning in what might have been. The flagbearer Xochitl had resumed the search but seemed confused. She had been searching from Aztels Pass to the ruins of Keshetta with no success.

The dark priestess Kahlii had left for Cimmeria with her team of worshippers to find the arms of Amun Ra and were seen again only during the siege of Stonehammer prior to his capture. She reported only rumors of an Ancient temple to Xotli buried in the fields of the dead.

The prophet was beginning to lose hope. Only the phallus had been located and it was promptly stolen by Victavius and his witch hunters. The medium of Ajujo had been slain.

And yet hope is something that fades only once the oil of life has burnt fully.
    Brudi. The Prophet came to know of this entrepreneur during the recent skirmishes for the Zeltan city of Tesso. He had a much longer name and claimed some form of Aquilonian nobility, however it escaped his mind now. As the forces of Veronious the Mysterious, Oswain of the Grey Knights, Ahearn of the Reindeer Clan, even Kaine the Pale, Lich Lord, had descended on Tesso to challenge the occupation of Zsolaith commander of the Silver Dragon Order so too had Satet-ka sent ambassadors to hear the claims and perhaps negotiate a peace. His efforts were met with hostility and suspicion and he was forced to take refuge near Oakenhome. It was there he met the man known as Brudi and came to discover the riddle of Kanyakumari and the first clue to the location of the lost legs of Amun Ra.

November 29th, 2009, 04:59 PM #3
    Beanpie
    Conqueror Aquilonian

Imperium

Cimmeria PvP-RP

a Strong downpour of rain over the farming plains of poitain.

the opaque bricked formations of Ceanna village stand firm against nature's tamed wraith, armored figures of militant stature stand beside the doors of the Mitran temple, all bearing the mark of the alliance; followers of Conan's creed.

the opposite direction of the armored patrol wrestled a unsettling void, slowly erupting a new figure into their view, a hasted sound of a horse galloping emerges from the void itself, breaking the downpours harsh song.
    upon the mounted horse showed a fellow guard, yet of higher rank, trailed behind him a royal black dragon cloak, soaked fully by the rain.

the new armored figure set the pace of the due to his entrance, every movement he made showed a streak of swiftness; not of panic but of authority; there was no hiding his emotions the moment he dismounted from the worned out horse. upon turning to face his fellow comrades, his face alone sealed the guards suspicions accurately.

he was angry.

the guard duty soldiers saluted accordingly
    "Commander Arius"
    "Anaxamada!"

his response was clearly not for the guards, storming past them for his weight and demeanor paved a way to the entrance to the door, the guards barely move out of Arius' way just before the doors blast open by the push of his hands.

It laid before his eyes, the mitran interior, dimly lit with 14 candles intotal, seven on either side spread across the altar. the middle of the altar laid a man kneeling half dressed from the waist down, his upper body bare, head bowed, a large blue tattoo of the wings of mitra branded across his back, torn, scarred, and bruised from countless battles; his head bowed before the altar.

the silence was short just before Arius identified the man as Anaxamada Brudi, his teeth flashed once more, to let out his storm of words.

"your a fool anaxamada brudi, a damn fool"
    "good evening Commander Arius, didnt expect you to be here so soon"
    " Save the civilties to the nobles you coward, you know full well why i am
    here!"

Brudi gives a lazily grin, lifting his head to the side showing the his cut up face, he lays back on to the altar, turning around his back against the altar wall, laying his own gaze sharply back at Arius, watching the man continue his one sided war with words.

"how dare you turn your back against your own people, how dare! you even do so now while the alliance continues the war against the acolytes in cimmeria and its defense against the numerous barbaric tribes that ravage the very land you were born in!"

Brudi finally responds his smile fades.
    "I didnt know having a cease fire of shaking hands and drinking honeymead with our enemies was considered a war, or holding territory that doesnt belong to us as hostage for that matter..to be considered a war."

"dont you DARE mock the situation, Brudi" Arius steps are heavy as he approachs the laid back brudi, his eyes borderline showing hostile intentions to his fellowman. "Here you are, sitting comfortably in this temple, from weeks to now months, you sit here while men and women who show more courage than you die for our people just so you can mouth off."

"Arius, do you know about Amun-Ra" Brudi remains flat in his question, no rise of decline in emotion, his eyes remain set towards the furious Arius.

"what damn relevance does it have to do with you or this conversation"

"do you mean your conversation, Arius? you should know by now i have no care to speak about the standards of honor and loyalty to the likes of you or anyone else..you especially to storm in here like nature's wraith itself with no other purpose but to provide guilt and contempt to a man who no longer gives a damn of the cause."

Brudi leans over to stand, his gaze pierces Arius moreover.

" the riddle of Amun-Ra they call it--At the gulf of Anar there is a temple to the virgin kanyakumari there one can find the temple of the legs of
    Amun Ra At the gulf of Anar there is a temple to the virgin kanyakumari there one can find the temple of the legs of Amun Ra-- but you know nothing
    of it, of course you dont, a loyaltist that you are, always seeing what
    you wish to see and not the bigger picture"

Arius eyes swell with anger, his hand reaching towards the longsword strapped across his waist. Brudi's eyes follow his movements, his smile growing once more in anticipation.

"you call me a coward yet here you are fully armed, hessitant to draw your blade at me, with lashing tongue filled with poison in each words, yet..unable to deal with the slightest of poison back upon itself, i do not hate you Arius, No. nor pity you..but the likes of you, and your people, ..and this government-"

Arius cuts him off "then why..?"

"you figure it out, the way i see it, the bigger picture of the aquilonian race....no, Man itself, needs to be realized, not just by me, but by many"

"fools talk of a mindless coward, you have indeed lost your wit Brudi"

Brudi's hand brushes against his shoulders, a dust of basalt flares off him, followed with a snide chuckling escaping the veteran warriors mouth.

"Well, perhaps, but no one is stopping you if you wish to see if i lost my skill with a blade...your hand their at your longsword..make up your mind, draw it and strike me down..or get the hell out of my way"

Brudi's words struck Arius coldly in the chest, paralyzing the commander in a show of mental domination over him, the Commander's hand is stayed and lowered from his weapon, the only thing that remained was a hollowed glare of anger set upon Brudi.

the doors opening again as a small group of hooded individuals approach to two warriors, their outfits colored a dark maroon color, with gold laced trims. Surrounding them, three more hooded figures approach Brudi , carrying 3 bronze boxes filled with basalt.

"that will be enough..you know what to do" Brudi dimisses them as soon as they arrived, the hooded figures nodded , turned and went back to the door. Arius eyes shift from Brudi and onto to figures holding the boxes.

"Basalt??.." mumured Arius in complete curiosity. his eyes moved back to Brudi already seeing him drapped with the same cloak as the hooded figures,
    walking towards Arius with a parchment note in hand, he drops it at Arius feet while walking past him.

"Hypocrite."

Brudi whispers the word to his ear just before he departs to the door. the dark red cloak wrapped across Anaxamada's body the rain procceeds to bang down on him. Anaxamada fades into the void of darkness, departing the area with his closing words.

" I will be leaving to khemi, do not follow me, do not send any of your people to follow me, it is my decision and mine alone..Arius, you will remain a hypocrite until you yourself understand what is in store for us; All of us..until that time comes, be a good little soldier, and serve your our country well...farewell"

Arius stares at the open darkness from the temple hall way. with moments passing, he finally looks down at his feet at the parchment letter brudi dropped before him, picking it up he begins to read the words. his eyes become dim, his face showing its age as he finishes reading.

A letter of resignation...and seperation.

OOC: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...33#post2591333
    see link to read letter

mannbk28
    Ranger Aquilonian

OSD

Cimmeria PvP-RP A messenge to Satet-ka

The occupation of Tesso is not Satet-Ka concern. But if he must know the Silver Dragons are pulling out of Tesso in order to establish a friendly relationship with the Grey Knights. The Lord calls out for his messenger with instructions to find the priest named Satet-ka and to bring him here to his Keep in Poitain.

December 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM #5
    starhunterceo
    Tempest of Set Stygian

BoS- House Jade Asp

Cimmeria PvP-RP A message to Brudi

Time : Written prior to the captivity in Drake’Hus. During the periods of Skirmishing in Tesso following the transition to War Prophet.
    Place: Old Sepermeru

The wax spilt upon the oaken floor. The fall was slow. It was as though the deep red mass of liquid was suspended in time before the audible slap was heard within the hall of the high priest office. Old Sepermeru lay still as he sealed the papyrus scroll with his sigil. Satet-ka relaxed his tensed stomach and reclined back in the old ottman. Gazing upward at the intricate mosaics cast with the rarest of Stygian stones. Lapis lazuli was mined here in the khopshef desert. Emeralds we brought here from kush during their migration. The Sar-E-Sang mines of Keshetta had given him the penetrating eyes of Kozyr made from the deepest amber while the mines of Naqada gave life to the scarab that adorned the clasp upon Darkeths’ cloak. Each stone chronicled the history of his people. The images took form in his mind. He remembered every battle.

Lady Zaraisata and Lord Neverlin watching from the hill top as Terralia, Inoxia and Hassan led the troops into battle against the Gaurdsmen; Mandisa standing beside him but always glancing at Amun-Sol; His loyal brothers Damacai and Sontlux striking deep into enemy territory; The bound servants of Xotli led by the Loa Polka and Nexnecis. All had fallen. Even the people of Xu’Set he briefly called family had fallen prey to the stygian plague and crumbled. Darkness had befallen Stygia. The inn in khemi no longer rang with the hum of Laeris’s manipulations. The halls of Nebhyet were quite and lacked the charming whine of Priestess Abiah insisting all was fine. He missed her and yes even Maziken.

The prophet sighed and performed the sacred ritual to begin his commune.

“Aba…I am here. I am your willing servant. Stygia is surrounded by enemies by your grace oh father. Now permit me to destroy them! Great father give me the power I need to bind our nation and rise to our rightful place as leaders of Hyboria! The Acolyte contingent plagues the southern swamps; The Lich Lord occupies Keshetta; we are hemned in by Amazonians and Conan Militia in Kush! Deliver us oh mighty Set! I have no army my master. No longer do hosts of Stygia’s loyal follow me into battle. How can I fight for this great nation? How can I bring your chosen to victory? I beg for the tools I need mighty one. Bring me the sickle with which to reap the harvest!”

A wind rolled the scrolled papyrus to the ground as the prophet glanced to his right watching it as it fell. He looked down and nodded slowly. Focused and reassured his called for Moki to bring the missive to Khemi and find the one known as Brudi. Kharma-srim had mentioned the treasure seeker known to posses’ knowledge of ancient relics. Perhaps this Aquilonian barbarian would know where to start. Perhaps he would have a clue. This was Set’s command.

Reform father Amun-Ra and I will give you my army.

April 23rd, 2010, 03:21 AM #1
    LadyUdiya
    Ranger Aquilonian

Wiccana PvE The Rebellion of The Empire of Stygia

Udiya smiled at Gezzet. “It HAS been a while, and I'm not sure how long I'll stay.”

Gezzet nodded and smiled, used to the usual discretion Udiya had expected. Pantherea had left the key for her, and as she headed towards the stairs a hooded figure approached her.

“Setep...”

Udiya turned, frowning at the figure. “Nobody calls me that, anymore.”

He nodded, removing his hood. “Lady Udiya.”

She smiled at the man, recognizing him as one of her former spies. “Thayman. It's lovely to see you're well and alive.”

He nodded. “I am glad to see you as well Sete—Lady Udiya.”

She cocked her head to the side. “I don't remember you as a man who believes in idle conversation. Perhaps we should talk in private?”

Thayman nodded. She lead him to Pantherea's room, which was actually Udiya's old room only lacking in the mess. “Don't mind the undead skeletons. Pantherea keeps them around to protect. As long as I'm in here with you, you're fine.”

He nodded and followed her in. “I'm used to them, if you remember Lady Udiya.”

She nods. “Of course. What's bothering you, Thayman?”

“Satetka,” he said.

Udiya grinned. She was well aware that there were some of those who called themselves members of the “Empire of Stygia” who were interested in taking a more aggressive stance. Some of their traders and citizens had petitioned to relocated to Xu'Set for the safety of their families, as it was now mostly a trade city. The so called 'priest' Satetka had intervened and blocked the petition somehow.

“I'll help you.” She told Thayman.

He looked back to her, seemingly confused. “But I haven't told you what we need help with.”

She nodded. “Tell me.”

“We built that city, and he had no part in it.” He seemed uncomfortable with sitting at the only chair in the room, which was the desk chair, but he leaned against the wall. Udiya sat on the bed, allowing him to finish. “We don't see him for weeks at a time, then he suddenly returns after a vote of all the senior officials to go through with our plans and he claims that it's Set's will that we follow him. We weren't sure we could oppose him.”

She nodded. “You're asking me if Set's will is that you and your fellow conspirators overthrow him?”

“I didn't know who else I might talk to. Nobody else I could trust.”

Udiya smiled. “He's a fake.” She moved towards the desk where Pantherea had apparently left a bottle of wine for her. “Not just as a priest, but his deceptions are worse than even some of those I've been accused of—do you have a knife to open this?”

She handed the bottle to Thayman and he pried the cork out. She drank straight out of the bottle, then nodded at Thayman. “You want to get rid of him. Let's talk...”

----

She met with Thayman several times after, as a proxy to one who had apparently remained loyal to Satetka under pretense. Thayman called the contact Taksunom, but it would turn out that Annatista would be the one who would lead the actual rebellion. They went over roster lists, identifying those who might be loyal and those who would find themselves in the city to round up the latter. Udiya quickly saw that this Annatista and Taksunom were more than competent to take the city. They were warriors that simply wanted to continue to be warriors. There was little she had to do on that front, so she fed them what resources she could and whatever information she could obtain. Then she ventured to Xu'Set to see the crypts and to find the priestess Akanthia.

Udiya moved deep into The Necropolis of Xu'Set towards the empty tomb that had been made for Nkosi, hearing only the occasional drip of water and scurrying of rats. The chamber contained the tombs that had been prepared for all of the Seteps, including her own which remained empty like several of the others. She wondered if, when she finally did meet her end, if The Hand would endeavor to bring her bones back to this place. She wondered if she ought to have endeavored to find out what happened to those who had preceded her.

“You have come before I expected, Setep...” came a soft, distant voice.

“Akanthia?”

The woman stepped into the glow of Udiya's torch. She looked older than Udiya had remembered, and much more worn. She looked towards her, seeing her eyes were as wild and mad as ever. Her body seemed to have aged years, but her eyes were the same. She shook her head. “I am not Setep anymore, priestess...”

“No more than I was ever a priestess, but you call me one, still. One does not resign as Set's chosen, do they? You are all Setep from the moment He chooses you, just as all true priests serve him above everything else. They can do little else. Living things of air are still drawn to the flame, things of water are drawn to the surface and things of the earth still drawn to dirt and dung. The sun sets and the sun rises, and each morning, out of hunger, the serpent is drawn from his burrow”

Udiya bit her lip, placing her torch into the sconce on the wall. She folded her arms. “I've come to ask your advice, priestess.”

Akanthia's laugh echoed about the small chamber and she stepped forward. Udiya stepped passed her.

“I came to ask your advice, priestess.” Udiya fixed her eyes on the woman curiously, biting her lip. She folded her arms across her chest.

“You came because you've doubts and you think that...” Akanthia's eyes widened, almost as if mocking Udiya. “... The mad seer can give you some assurance.”

“Perhaps,” Udiya said coldly.

The priestess rushed her and Udiya jerked away instinctively, but tried to correct herself, holding her ground. Akanthia caressed her cheek. Again, the woman's eyes seemed to mock Udiya as if she were mimicking her.

“But you've already made your decision, Setep,” Akanthia said. “I'll not give you the absolution you seek. You must trust your own judgment as His chosen.”

Udiya stood, gazing back at the priestess for several minutes before it became apparent the woman wasn't going to say anything else. She turned to leave. She was nearly out of the crypt before Akanthia's voice came to her again. “My brother...”

Udiya stopped, turning. “Yes, priestess?”

“Please see that he is alright and has something to do. He has been without me for a while, and my time to return to Xu'Set's service is near, but I must remain for a while longer. You came early.”

“I'll ask Jadi to see to him, but I am no longer part of The Hand.”

“But you are still His.”

Udiya stood, waiting again to see if the priestess had anything else to say to her. When the priestess said nothing else, Udiya retrieved her torch and left the crypts. Once she emerged she called to one of the guards.

“Find a messenger and send word to Taksunom and Annatista of the Empire of Stygia. Tell them...

----

Udiya stood upon the outer gate tower of the City of The Empire of Stygia, watching as Satetka's followers were driven from the city or killed. She had recommended that, once the city had been taken, they all been given an hour to leave. Annatista, in his wisdom, had judged that fair and extended the offer for all of those who wished to follow their new regime to remain or else seek refuge in Xu'Set. There were few of them that resisted, much less than Satetka had boasted to Udiya's sources, but still she reveled in their exile. The so called 'priest' was not fit to draw a bath, let alone lead some of the fine people she had met in this city.

“Lady Udiya!” came a voice. It was Annatista who emerged from the stairs, grinning. “We've our victory!” She offered her hand to Udiya and Udiya accepted it, embracing her and patting her on the back. “I never heard Satekta talk ill of The Hand myself,” he admitted, “But it wouldn't surprise me if he had.”

Udiya nodded. “I'm not the hand, but I suppose I'm not beyond acting in their best interest and those of Set's true followers. He would only have hindered our progress.”

The warrior shook her head. “I'm a fighter, not a politician, Lady Udiya, but we needed you and your people were there.”

“I'd be honored to fight along side you anytime,” she admitted., turning back out to watch those guarding the outer wall. “You made this easy. I'm just glad the ******* has been brought down. What of the Empire of Stygia now?”

Annatista shook his head, grimacing. “No more with that name. He's tainted it. We're free, now. We'll follow our own lead. Thank you.”

Udiya nodded, grinning. “Keeping the name would add insult to his injury, but if he should try to rebuild his army under that same name, they would forever carry the stigma of his failure. If I were still Setep, Annatista, I should be glad to have you lead my army as well. This city is in good hands, now. I should thank you, though. Stygia is that much better off now.”

Last edited by LadyUdiya; April 23rd, 2010 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: Formating, Typos, etc...

BoS- House Jade Asp

Cimmeria PvP-RP reserved

/reserved

i will be typing up the actual events of the evening as time allows but rest assured the empire of stygia still exists and is recruiting!

I will be flushing out the rp in peices to help with the real time rp that spins off. I will begin in an outline form or the information will never get out there.

S. notices Thayman of HoS spending lots of time with Empire leadership.

Heres the off whisper of descent from an early point.

Realizes what is to come...old enemies will move to destroy yet another gathering of Sets faithful.

Hires counter intelligence and recruits heavily from some of the more powerful and influential guilds promising title and power.

Gains time by convincing Tempestra to avoid Udiya the blasphemer at all costs.

Arwyne Killed.

Kashta is taken

S. heads north with his army despite the known risk of rebellion by rebels known as forsaken under Annas leadership.

Take Yak's head as a sign of solidarity and strength to caste before Jornvagg or whatver blackclaw city is called.

searches for Kashta while searching for the above keep and finds her first.

Meets with Kashta

Accosted by Amaroq and Azmith.

almost permadeathed by Keltin and Aulwark....rez'd by Ahearn at Amaroqs request.

Army gets news of the rebellion

rush back to New Sepermeru

Finds one loyal warrior remaining within the City walls

"What by Set have you done...?"

((I was never in the city nor were my followers. We were in cimmeria Rp'ing so whomever they drove out i do not know but it wasnt us. However when we did get back I took this screenie to illutrate we are still there!

http://s516.photobucket.com/user/sta...61443665730081

))

April 23rd, 2010, 05:26 AM #5
    paradoxium
    Herald of Xotli Cimmerian

The Legion in Flames

Cimmeria PvP-RP

Struggling to retain her composure, Cyllandria walked gently through the halls, speaking with the most loyal of the house elite guards. Her mind was racing almost as fast as her heart was pumping. She had so recently left the Legion in Flames to join the High Priest as his General, the invaders had no idea who she really was, and so she remained in both power, and the keys to the city.

She had sent her favorite pet to deliver word to the High Priest, informing him of the events that had played out, and the next, what was hopefully not her last moments as General of her Royal Armies.

She waited patiently until the barbarian horde had worked their way through most of the cellar, a small price for the good of the Empire. She did not walk out of the Legion lightly, and no barbarian would turn her sacrifice into one in vain; not while she still breathed.

When the time was right, she nodded to the Captain of the Guards, and within minutes what was left of the Royal Army rushed down from behind the keep, swarming the infidels, driving them first from the keep, then the inner walls, and finally after sweeping the outer keep...the city was clear of the heathens.

Many of the drunkyards had barely opened their eyes by the time they were forced outside the gates, the ones left standing ran on their own..

One dared confront her, to his undoing,

"What is the meaning of this madness, and who is responsible?!" The unknown assailant shouted.

Grasping her sword with both hands, she moved into full light, so that he may see her face "Anaxamada Cyllandria, a true and loyal citizen of Stygia, General of the Empire of Stygia. And what, might I inquire, is your name so that I might write it on your tombstone?"

With that, the barbarian roared to life, and came at her with his axe. Fury pouring from his eyes, spittle spraying as he shouted "DEATH YOU VILE *****!!!"

Her eyes closed, she seemed to grow in size, and he momentarily paused, staring as she seemed to tower over him, paralyzed in shock. That was, before he felt an excruciating pain as her fingers dug into his chest, and ripped out his heart.

Grinning, she bit into the still throbbing mass, blood running down her arm.

"Then all shall know that Death has been dealt with tonight, by seeing your ugly face on display in front of our city gates."

With that, her sword severed the man's neck, his body sinking behind her as his head began to roll down the Inner Gate's ramp.

"Awwww damnit...I should have been paying attention to my surroundings, Brudi's going to scold me." She thought as she raced down to capture it.

Aftewards, as the guards cleaned up, the High Priest arrived safely.

"Priest, I shall have words with you."

"I'm certain you shall, Lady Cyllandria."

"You wanted a rebirth?"

"We both did"

"I gave you one, I cleansed the Empire of the heretics and infidels. What is now Burning Embers, the Empire of Stygia shall soon be reborn from."

"Indeed, also, I have news from where you were born, and your heritage..."

Interrupting the priest "Save it, I care not where I cam from, all I know is I was raised in the temple, a priest acted as my father, that is good enough for me."

"You need to know, my dear, tradition will continue even in these blood circumstances."

Laughing she replies coyily "Enough with traditions for now, is the Aquilonian King not Amra? And how did he get there? Not by blood. And so shall I become Queen."

Nodding the High Priest quickly counters "It is within my powers to proclaim you Queen of New Sepermeru. What is your wish? What do you want of me?"

"You continue your current role and title, and all responsibilities along with. I do not wish this power as power corrupts, and I feel it already..I do not want this"

"Empower my Queen, you are divine; no corruption may live within you. And what of this poor man's hea..."

Cyllandria cutting him off, turning to Xochitl, smiling "Xochitl, although you lack servents that would be traditionally required of a Princess, from here on, you are Princess of New Sepermeru."

Coughing, the high priest raised his brows "...and what of the infidels? Hunt them down? Crucify them so that all may see what happens?"

"No, place only this one's head before the gates as a warning, but outside. Let the others flee to their lands. I want my city to be a city of splendor and riches, not defiled by crucifying barbarians.."

The Priest laughed "To think barbarians, Barbarians, would think to drive out the Empire from her lands...Set has worked his will tonight."

Cyllandria frowned "hmmm, perhaps it was his will, but it was a Herald of Xotli that performed the function."

Smiling, he replied in kind "but let us not forget that Set's hand is in everything."

"This reminds me, under my reign, all religions shall be free inside these walls, so long as they work loyally for Stygia."

"As you wish. And how shall we proceed in reforming our armies? Shall I begin recruiting?"

"Yes, but lets be more cautious of who we let in; as word of tonight will spread, so shall our enemies grow in number."

"And what of those who inquire? What shall I say?"

"Tell them: The Empire of Stygia shall not stand aside while her lands are defiled, her people driven from her land. Let all those who wish to loyally server her, join the Empire, and reclaim her former glory."

"anything more my queen?"

"No, they only must swear fealty to the ruling Houses, and to serve Stygia faithfully and loyally. Now, I'm tired, I wish for sleep...I'll be in my quarters if you need me"

Bowing as she turned and walked away, Satet-ka replied with a smile on his lips "As you wish, my Queen."

((OOC-a coup was staged on the Empire tonight, another one on the wishful invaders. The Empire of Stygia is under a transformation, to follow it's ideals in RP but follow up those ideals with more bite. Tonight was fun, thanks Udiya. And forgive me if I seem loopy...I write this at 3am, waking up in 3 hours for work...my mind is foggy after tonights activitiy))

lamiastrix
    Necromancer Stygian

Hedj Djet

Wiccana PvE

((Late the next day....))

*A single arrow is fired over the wall of the city. It bears a small parchment reading:*

For those of you who have remained loyal to Princess Nafretiri and your true High Priestess Tempestra, know you will always be brothers and sisters to The Hand of Set. Make yourselves known to us and rest in the knowledge that you are among friends.

In this time of chaos I hesitate to make sweeping statements but know that, however things ultimately fall out, we are there to help you if you should call on us and our friendship for the people who follow these leaders remains inviolate. Those who require even temporary succor will be welcome within our walls. Should that not be necessary, still we shall offer our support in whatever capacity we are able as you regroup.

For those fool enough to cling to the heretic Satetka and the outlaw woman Cyllandria who dares call herself a queen... I can only advise you to repent of your folly.

By My Hand,

Jadi, Steward of Xu'Set

paradoxium
    Herald of Xotli Cimmerian

The Legion in Flames

Cimmeria PvP-RP

I find it odd that they needed to ally with the hand of set to reform the empire.

Especially as I, Anaxamada Cyllandria, of House of the Golden Eagle, joined recently to reform it into what sounds like similar directions.

But thank you, as your actions have completely changed my role. I now control both the city, and the Empire, as Queen of New Sepermeru. Right now it is a state of Burning Embers, an unfortunate action that had to be taken, but soon out of the ashes the Empire of Stygia will be reborn.

As for the would be victors, if that is the direction they truly wanted to take the empire, I am not without mercy.

However, the role that the hand of set played in all of this shall not go unnoticed. Meddle in the affairs of the Empire no longer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast