Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Legion of Amun Ra

A hot night in Xu'Set

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The a reddened hue sat upon the moon again tonight. The image quivered slightly as heat rose from the swamp. The usual marble of her heavenly body sullied and stained...
    ~

"Commander Terralia...send in the midnight brigade reserves....pay them whatever they wish. Commander Inoxia see that someone takes care of that pest Laeris and her thugs inside the city. Hassan come with me its time to push the line."

The sound of metal on metal ...hoof upon stone thundered in my ears as I raced forward with Amunsol and Hassan. Pushing past the blackade at the bridge we pushed our troops forward onto the bridge en mass. The bloodshed and loss was intense, but it was clear our final assault had failed. The combined forces of Baron Aureleus and Commander Challa of Conans Kings Gaurd had stood vigilant and unwaivering in their defense. Brothers you must fall back. I will stall the pursuit. If I die ensure Laeris pays for her betrayal of our people. Moving forward into the crowd I felt the sting of Anna's lasso upon my body and dull crack of her sap upon my brow bring me to my knees. A trickle of blood seeping into my eye as redness covered the white marble bridge stones.....

~~

You seem to mock me sister moon, I mumbled and turned back to the latest corespondance from Inoxia and Lord Neverlin. The small candle and meger conditions made reading tedious. It was a far cry from that which I had been promised. The white wash was broken and chipped; the floor boards drafty and cieling leaky. I recited a few phrases from the tome of Nikosi to be sure the guards could hear before sealing my correspondance and carefully tucking away the missives intended to be delivered to Lord Neverlin via the courrier crows he had trained.

*moves to the bed and pulls the soft cotton over his shoulders staring out at the distant moon*

Out of the Slumbering Depths

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brisk winds around Adharca Cathair picked up sharply. It may have been summer, but the winter's icey grip had not truly gone away. Winds still blew, snow still feel. The only true difference was the amount of sun that shined on the open plains. A cool frost was always in the air, though not the fully white storms of snow that came in the coldest of days. Villagers mulled about their daily tasks, skinning the prey of hunters that set out each day; smithys forging new blades for the warriors; tanners drying out animal pelts. It was a seemingly normal day.

Yet in Frostfall Keep, the halls were seemingly silent. There had not been much to celebrate as of late. Stonehammer was in civilized hands, the White Hand menace only seemed to grow, and several clan members had fallen in the final defense of their former battlekeep. In the top floor of the great hall, the Chieftain sat on a pile of furs, lost in thought. His mind focused on everything that had happened as of late... from battles to more domestic affairs. His brows creased, and he rose from his position. A single syllabled grunt escaped his throat as he left his quarters, taking only his warhammer, Fearg Príomhúil with him.

With each step of his bearskin wrapped boots, he made his way through the empty halls, and down the trail of the village, into the village proper. He stood atop the hill that overlooked Adharca Cathair, and he watched. Then his voice rose.

"Men, and Women of the Elkhorn. For too long have we been docile, content to simply have said we held Stonehammer, but we lost it to stronger men! For too long have we let ourselves simply be content that we survive. Now, we sit, growing fat off of our prey as civilized men would. We must remember, that we are not men of the south! We are Elkhorn! We are Cimmerians! We will not sit by and and simply just 'be' any longer. It is time we take up the war path. This time not for the glory of holding a large fortress, but for a much simpler and honest purpose. We seek to clean Cimmeria of the rabble that dares enter without welcome! Beginning now, no outsider is safe. No southron dog will be wecome in our lands! Warriors, prepare for war!"

In Adharca Cathair, home of the Elkhorn, the Clan Stirred.

((Well, throw the Elkhorn Clan into the mix as another RP Guild looking to expand its horizons in RP-PVP. As per our guild theme, look for non Cimmerian types to be treated 'fairly.' This is not to say we will just right up and gank you. Most likely we will engage you in RP First. Keep this in mind, Aquilonians will have an easier time getting by, as we won't metagame the race tag. Infact, if you have your face and skin covered and happen to be Cimmerian, you could be treated as a southerner.

Also keep in mind, those with names like "superkilla3000" will also be targeted no matter what culture Otherwise, its open season RP-PVP))

kyaran
    Priest of Mitra Aquilonian

Invicta

Cimmeria PvP-RP

Satet-ka is still a wanted criminal in Aquilonia, for he never paid his war reparations

An Armored Horse Courier Arrives at Drakke Hus

*a scroll addressed to Lord Sook in response to the OSD Formal Proclamation*

Hail Lord Sook Dukar,

It was a kind gesture that your Order of the Silver Dragons sent emissaries to sit aside our fire of fellowship last week. In the spirit of trust we sat with them and an emissary of the now passed Invicta. Concerns of the future welfare of the inhabitants of Aquilonia were even then heavy upon our tongues that night. As we have long been companions of Zelata of the Wild Lands, we expressed to Eurethran and Silverboots that the Grey Knights stand against all those who would dominate or terrorize the peoples of Hyboria and that we would continue to do so most notably in the Wild Lands, a place sacred to us. Tales of our most recent patrol was shared with all in the ring of fellowship that eve.

It has always been an obligation of the Grey Knights to patrol these lands and assuage any threat or sense of fear felt by the citizens of Tesso. We welcome the Order of the Silver Dragons as they patrol these lands, and look forward to an official meeting of guilds soon, so that we can strengthen our communication and solidify our efforts. For ''We ride not for Gods. We battle not for Gold or Blood nor Rule. From the fire of WAR we arise. Bane be our fuel. Fellowship our strength and Light.''

Tierra Odin, Chancellor of Foreign Affairs
    Councilor of the Grey Knights

After being rudely awaken by Zuggergis kicking of the door all Euranthan could do is laid there and think about the day his childhood was cut short in the Wild Lands. He thought about what his homeland would be like when returning. Euranthan always knew he would return home someday. After awhile Euranthan slowly rises and begins placing arrow heads on the freshly cut oak he had laid out, placing each arrow firmly into his quiver before Lady Silverboots see what he is doing. With a grind on his face he knew she would not be happy. But he knew it was War and where would he get his supply of arrows. Hopefully she would approve.

After filling a couple of quivers Euranthan went to the Armory to began counting what supplies was on hand and what supplies was needed, before Lord Sook and Sir Sprig started bugging him. Looking thru his paperwork he stopped at the last request. He forgot to fill Lord Zsolaith’s request for the new Silver Dragon armor. He is not going to be happy. I must get this out at once. "Crap I am going be in here all day"! bellowed Euranthan.

Zuggergris kicked the door to the barracks in and with three long strides stood in the center of the room. ”Gods help us all Dragons!” he bellowed to all the warriors who had gathered there. ”It seems that Invicta has left Aquiloina and Tesseo is un-protected once again. Lord Sook has ordered us to proceed at once to Poitain and protect the innocents and the caravans of goods. Crom’s Balls, I would just like to have one moons rest!” Zugg moved to a bench at the mess table and with a heavy sigh set his massive frame down.
    ”Well brother we all feel your pain as we have stood by the side of the Dragons and answered every call to arms, and you know damn well we always will” boomed Kobjob Zugg’s Herald of Xolti step-brother from Stygia. With his dark skin and flashing Cimmerian blue eyes Kob drew his sword and turning to the rest in the barracks held it high above his head and with a loud accented voice proclaimed ”We are the Order of the Silver Dragons and we shall prevail! If we must go to Poitain then we go to Poitain! Stand tall brother Zugg and dress in your finest gear. Lord Sook-Dukar has given us an order and we will follow through as always.”
    With one mighty shove of his hand the mess table flew halfway across the room and the warriors locked eyes with Zugg as he stood once again. With a terrible rumble in his throat he growled ”Aye Kob, aye! Let us go to Poitain and deal out our justice and death to those who would violate the innocent. Mount up warriors, we ride to Poitain!”

OSD - Formal Proclamation for Aquilonia

Pounding his fist upon the large oak table, Sook Dukar found his emotions pulling hard on him, his heavy unsteady breathing a sign of anger. The creaking of wood below his hand echoed throughout the massive stone halls that housed the temporary military operations for the Order of the Silver Dragons as all Silver Dragon officers stood nearby at attention. However their focus was not on Sook Dukar but on the crumpled remains of a royal parchment lying discarded upon the side of the table...

Baron Aureleus Maxtentius of Poitain, leader and highest representative of the Invictan protectorate, had officially declared an immediate withdrawal from Aquilonia. Not just a relocation to find a stronger point of support, but a complete departure from the lands altogether. They had come to the conclusion that they were needed elsewhere far beyond the Eiglophian Mountains... their focus no longer needed in these lands.

However in this time of peril, the people of the lands cried out in their need for protection from the vile denizens that consistently pressured them. There was no worse time for such an event to occur.

"What was he thinking!?" screamed Sook, as he steadily moved towards the arced window staring out into the darkness of Cimmerria.

Zsolaith shifted his weight, the silence was deafening to him. "I think that we all agree that the timing of this event is severely unexpected. Who will support and protect the villagers of Aquilonia? Who will ensure that the supply carts safely pass through the forests and winding roads where brigands and cut-throats roam? Invica played a powerful role by providing a backbone for the good people, just as we do so with the villages towns and homesteads that surround Drakke'Hus."

Sprig rubbed his chin, as he usually did, comtemplating this madness. "If I know Aureleus, he would never abandon his post unless there was no more trouble in those parts, however that is in direct conflict with our reports that come out of Aquilonia. Griefing and robbery are at an all time high in those parts. There is no way they will survive without direct support. This is where my senses dictate that Invica would never depart without leaving a full detachment to defend these poor innocent souls."

Zuggergris was not so eloquent with his words, stepping forward a bit trying to hold back what was on his mind. "My anger is uncontrollable right now! How could they do this! Why would they depart so suddenly? Aurelus must have been cursed or under some vile spell of treachery. There can be no other reason for this..."

"Not at all... nothing binds any of us to focus our attention to any one land." stated Euranthan. "We must all make our decisions in life and abide by them. If it is time for Invicta to move on to other lands, so be it. Rest assured we will not have to worry about fortifying or supporting those areas now. Someone will be safe... that is all that matters."

Snyval crossed his arms, apparently not happy with the words being said.

Kutuk spoke from the far side of the room, as he was thumbing a large tome on the shelf. "What is done, is done. Our problems, however, are ten fold now with their departure. We have proclaimed across the lands that we will support all matter of townsfold and remove them from the clutches of tyranny. How do we all propose to do this now that we have taken Stonehammer, we have a regiment of soldiers monitoring and supporting Oakenhome, and our remaining forces are situated across the lands in the protection of those who have already requested our support?"

Wulfmeyr grumbled. "We are spread way too thin. Our strengh lies in our commitment to others and our defeat lies in our weakest link. At this moment we are holding at all points, however if we relocate detachments to protect the Tesso region, we will have many weak links across the frontier. We must not send troops to protect Tesso and her surrounding countryside or we risk all."

At that moment an outpout of commentary from all officers occurred, filling the room with a mish-mash of hard to understand statements.

As he continued to focus his attention outside at the rolling hills, he felt the bitter cold wind enter the room, sending a shiver up his spine. He turned to his senior officers.

"Enough! Please stop thy bickering, as it is beneath all of us."

All eyes turned towards him as the room fell silent.

"We will never know the true motives of the Invictans. Just as they appeared in these lands under the fog of night many moons ago, so they depart in similar circumstances. We all have great respect for them, and so we must respect their decision. They will be...missed."

Sook crossed his arms and one by one peered at each officer.

"No doubt the realm is aware of the departure of Aureleus, so we can only imagine the sinister plans that are upon the lips of the evil-doers of the world. Even if we weaken our protectorate, we MUST protect the innocent townsfolk of all regions, and that is my thoughts on this matter. However I will leave this decision in all of your hands and will completely follow through on your final decision as a group."

Turning back to look through the window, he uttered one last thought. "I ask only one last thing. What would our long departed mystic Silverar do in this situation? What does your heart tell you?"

All eyes focused on the ground.

The bright glow of dawn filled the sprawling streets of Old Tarantia. Zsolaith approached an aged public servant who was usually seen standing upon the steps of the moble speaking platform.

"Here we are again my old friend. Alas I do require your services as a Herald Crier. I have a pronouncement from my order that we wish you to proclaim for all to hear. I will also display this in written form on the trade house entrance for the literate few, but do not worry of that."

The old man bowed courteously and walked slowly up the massive stairs in front of the trade hall. He turned and eyed the parchment several times more before rolling it up and placing it gingerly through an opening in his waist belt. Clearing his throat he bagan to speak loudly. Onlookers and traders found their attention directed at him.

"These being the words of the eminent Dragon High Lord Sook Dukar, protector of the people and highest representative of the Order of the Silver Dragons... with great enthusiasm and conviction of mind, the noble Sook Dukar wishes to advise the free communities of the realm that we are saddened by the untimely departure of Invicta. To this end we are fully aware of the situation that has befallen the poor people of the Aquilonian lands and that they call out for a saviour to protect them."

"In the interests of these townsfold the Order of the Silver Dragons proclaims to all those stricken by the depravity of their souls that we will fully support the Aquilonian regions, effective immediately. Even as these words are uttered, full regiments of defenders of virture and justice move across the lands to fortify and support the free communities of Aquilonia."

"In order to assist the best way they can, Silver Dragons will temporarily base their operations from the town of Tesso in order to be available to the people to answer their cries for help and concern."

"Be advised that any supply shipments or cargo on route through these lands will be under the protectorate of the Order of the Silver Dragons. If your business is authorized by the Tesso government or you have active reasons for travelling these areas you will have nothing to fear. We will assist you in any way possible. However, if you are cause for concern we will take matters into our own hands to ensure the safety of the region."

"Working together, the Order of the Silver Dragons and the free communities of Aquilonia will never fall before the wretched forces that oppose all that is good in the land. There is strength through honor and friendship."

Flames hungrily consumed everything amongst the ruins of the castle. Darkness clouded the horizon as smoke and ash filled the air. The Legion emerged from the devastation they created, smoldering bodies and carrion trailed the path of slaughter the Legion left in its wake. It was there the clan of the north joined the bloodthirsty legionnaires. Unrest had brought these savages from their homeland to unite with their shunned brethren of the south. Together these forces would march across Hyboria, in search of a new sanctuary. They mean to slaughter all foes in their way and burn all castles that housed enemy forces.

Vast hosts of undead shuffled behind the Lich lord’s army, hazy clouds of flies swarmed around the shambling mass. Vultures circled over head, hungry for the spoils of war. Brutal and cunning packs of skirmishing clan savages scouted the wood lines ahead of the Legion as they pushed their march forward. It was uncertain how long their march would last, but for each army they slaughtered, more of the fallen would rise to join their ranks. They were deadly, eager and hungry for bloodshed.

(Legion in Flames and the Snowhawk clan have begun their Sieging and RP-PvP Campaign. Many of you have noticed the increased aggression and PvP this past week, and we look forward to bringing a strong PvP presence everywhere in the server. Hopefully revitalize a bit of action. We will consider all to be foe unless you mean to RP and communicate otherwise to us. We expect to see many banding together against our onslaught.)

(I will try to post weekly RP-PvP events concerning this story line as well here on the forums)

Exasperated the prophet felt his age in his back and shoulder. The wound smarted as he bent down to pull her up by her thick black hair. He breathed deeply as the scent of musk mixed with the honey air of Stygia. The flood plain crops were ripening. Soon it would be time to gather in the harvest. As he took it in a wisp of blackness met his senses.

Turning his eyes to the north and mind in prayer to the great Serpent God Satet-Ka lent his form into the wind and breathed in deeply. This was not merely another one of Lord Neverlin's messages...there was something more in this. A sinister sensation smelling of flesh and ash.

The powers of Stygia remained fractured and weak. The avatar of Amun-Ra incomplete he would need to find another sickle with which to harvest. Turning to Xochitl he left word for Arafn and the Night that he would be moving northwards to find the weapon Stygia required.

"Send a message to Azmith. Have him prepare my way. See that the Nobles find the sacred relics and complete the ceremony. Be wary of Arwyne and the northern usupers. Her gentle touched comes with a heavy costs my disciple. I leave in the morning."

Talaraine
    Necromancer Stygian

Legion in Flames

Cimmeria PvP-RP

A smile blossomed, unbidden, catching the girl by surprise. Such was her bewilderment that she touched that grin with her fingertips to confirm its existence. Many stories had she heard, tales told by those laden with scars and other proof of deeds brave; and yet always were their words tempered with care. War was evil, they would say with sage nods, and changed a person irrevocably.

And indeed it had. The scent of burning things and rotting flesh, the cries of the dead and the dying, they affected her deeply and in ways she didn't expect. She knew she should be appropriately respectful of the newly passed, but was instead exhilarated.

Jeserit was pleased. This......was fun.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast