Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: History of Legion of Amun Ra

Chapter 13

2 weeks have passed during the incident
    The Dark chamber, how long has it been since he entered these halls. The memories play back one by one for Anaxamada, walking through the halls accompanied by legionnaire blade masters, 5 strong. It took little time for the doors to split in between and begin to open, letting the group into the main throne room. Moments of them entering, the doors slam shut in thunderous close.

The group meet mid ways to their designated spot, stopping immediate only to let Brudi walk forward, his eyes wander from side to side, seeing a further line of soldiers, waiting in command, in front he takes notice of Ospiris, usually a man of grins and smiles, now stoned face unsure of whats to come, The whole campaign was a disaster perhaps, but ultimately it was something brudi wanted.

“Anaxamada,….come forward…” Ospiris speaks to command him forward, brudi acknowledges by his actions of stepping forward, standing beside the mage.
    The Gaze of the ex-soldier moves upward, seeing the tower of skulls and destroyed bones befitting the throne itself and its steps, and with in the middle, the Lich Lord himself, Kaine, burns his gaze down at them both, judgement burning deep in his eyes.

“Brudi” Ospiris says his name in a empty tone. “ Brudi, I find it very strange that we are here together, in this room, speaking to you, let alone seeing you still breathing after what you have done.”

The mage swings around , walking in a slow pace never leaving his eyes away from Brudi continuing his talk while it is swiftly being tuned out from his ears. An Exchange of looks are set between Him and the Lich Lord.

“She was right..” the Lich Lord’s chiseled decay smile breaks the darkness.

Ospiris stops completely in silence, looking between Brudi and his master, confusion setting over him.

“Master?”

“I told you not to **** with me.. you failed to keep your promise, but found something much greater In the end….show it to me.”

Brudi reaches to his satchel, pulling out a clear pure orb, despite the darkness surrounding the room, it retains its own light, shimmering if like clear water. , he kneels down placing the orb at the steps near the throne.

“Arwyne..ya,..she was right, just like you said…you were right…” Brudi glances to Ospiris.. “however, the idea of bringing further the snowhawk clan is no better than bringing forth a culture that died 3000 years…”

Leaning back, the lich lord raises his hand, pulling forth the orb if In a form of telekinesis, the pure orb rests in his palm… “and the result of your wisdom?”

Brudi then turns, looking at everyone, the soldiers, Ospiris, the blade masters, and any others that dawned within the throne room.

“The Legion in Flames did not need the Acheronian influence, or the remnants or any of it. A learning experience, a necessary one. Dead cultures are dead for a reason, giving any form of chance for them to repeat the same path whether Snow Hawk, or Acheron, is one that is destructive. Ospiris.”

Brudi turns looking to his direction.

“You hinted me on this path, so you yourself could agree with me on this statement that I speak now.”

Ospiris frowns, seeing an obvious formula that Brudi is taking to save his own skin, yet who could blame him for pleading such a case with the evidence before him; he is aquilonian afterall.

“the way I see it….The Legion in Flames are destined to strive not only to be an dominant empire, but a culture established in the stones of history. Why settled upon the level of Acheron when we are far more capable? Why conjure up the past, stagnant and lacking diversity, while within these walls, we hold warriors from various nations and factions pledging their services for the empire.

Barbarians, artisans, witches, harlots, bards, assassins, blacksmiths, distinguish swordsmen, Amazonians, necromancers, ..they are all here, from different parts of life, together, bonded with forged experience.”
    Brudi takes a few extra steps forward, turning back looking up towards kaine.

“Discipline have been established in kheshatta. stygia recognizes our deeds, and sing songs of the Legions triumphs, traders and multitude of stores gossips reside over the streets of Tarantia of the mayhem the empire causes to their businesses and countrymen..and the lands of Cimmeria….Cimmeria, need I say more.”

Brudi glances back to Ospiris in a sense of awaiting any form of argument, yet all remains silent, letting him continue.

“All these things, now being of one step, one final accomplishment, is in your hand.” He nods towards kaine’s hand, the white orb resonates in the Lich Lords hand. “the very power, pulled from belly of the demons itself, is in your hand.. so, yes…I ****ed with you, but I am not a fool to return here empty handed..”

His arms opened, brudi steps back resting his case…

The Lich Lord gazes at the white orb, the halls themselves grow quiet if the verdict was yet to be sentenced on Anaxamada.

“You pleaded your case well Aquilonian….” The LichLord’s voice echoes throughout the halls.

“However..” his wrist turns, holding the orb downward, as a fleeting servant rushes beside him, taking the orb and placing it on a pedestal with a pillow on the bottom of it.

“However?” Brudi’s brow rises slowly, not helping to have a sinking feeling of what was to be said next.

“what you speak of…is nothing new to me.”

“Therefore” Brudi responds anticipating what he was to say next, a explanation, a judgment for his crimes of betrayal and treason, his jaw clenches slightly and various thoughts run through his mind. Seeing the Lich lord ready to respond, he speaks to Anaxamada in the most plain manner possible.

“You are a idiot.”

Silence takes over the room once again in brief moments, followed by a crackling sound of laughter by the lich lord, Brudi aside from being insulted, breaks to a sly grin, understanding why he was titled the insult, but says nothing else.

The Lich-Lord continues, his words crackling in the air.

“So…we now have a understanding..”

“Yes M’lord” Responds Brudi, his head lowered.

Ospiris looks over to the white orb, his gaze shimmers with greedful thoughts, the amount of power one can have, from whatever wish possible if granted, even if limitations are there of what could be granted, it mattered very little in his gaze, if only the white orb were in his hands ; to rival the gods perhaps.

“know this, aquionian…” Kaine’s tone harks through brudi’s skull in demanded attention.

“The future…is made on the backs of the fallen..not with whimpering words of dreamt thoughts”

Brudi gazes to the lich lord hearing his words. Feeling his hands very much numb, knowing despite pleading his case, he was very much prolonging the inevitable. “Agreed…”

“Now , to the point….... your punishment will be—“

Conclusion

"What else is there to be said, plenty I suppose.

it is much of a feeling, for one to nearly go full circle, just to stop at the very edge, taking one last look of the things left behind.

was it because of doubt? perhaps, arrogant enough to think how the world revolves around itself, to come up with answers of for every problem, in my own way.

Looking back at all the lives i have changed, for better and for worse, it is more of finding resolve.

the Silver Dragons despite my anger towards them, proceed with life as if nothing have happened, in some ways more than one, perhaps for the best. the unforviable anger of their desecration in the sanctum still burns deep within my mind, but what point is their of it...none, whatever endeavors they carry now are of their own.

Clan Elkhorn remains in Cimmeria, word is getting around of their travels further east, maybe to avoid the constant warring? never, they are cimmerians..war is in their blood, but so is survival, their ties with other clans, such as those of the blackclaw mercenaries, will keep them strong, time will tell. With the ritual already past, the legion have no further need of purusing them through aggression, for now.

the remaining former comrades of Order...what have i done?, Ive done what i felt was necessary, it is still clear as day to me hearing once again about becoming an independent faction. nothing is ever easy alone, that is experience speaking of course.

The War will continue on, whether if the Lich Lord uses the Orb's power or not, battles will continue, rebellions and civil wars will go on, while death remains prominant in hyboria , so will life.

there is no room for the likes of what is good and what is damned in this world, if they find comfort for such labels, then give them those comforts, villages burn for others to grow, empires crumble for others to rise.

my actions of what i wished to accomplish were no different, just the means to such an end should not have been acted out. I suppose that was the lesson Kaine and arwyne taught me, funny to think one conjures hordes of death while the other is not of this world....

A lesson i can say i have no regrets in being humble about.

you know, one tends to think alot when someone's time is nearly up...."

Brudi's opens up, hearing the first sounds of a loud boom coming to him slowly, and closer, the earth shaking below him as the booming thunder approaches him step by step, his surroundings are huge and with mist, barely clear infront, but visible many yards away, As the booming steps approach Brudi, his sight becomes in full view, of a Giant Blue Winged Lizard, towering the size of several houses above him.

Anaxamada Draws his sword, a light smile growing across his face as he looks up at the towering dragon. the hissing and snarling of the beast, looking down at the lone warrior.

Brudi's punishment would be to face Vistrix alone, for it be fitting to do everything on his own with out permission, he would face an impossible task, on his own.

"So....you must be Vistrix...." Brudi raises his blade over his back, giving a cocky graze at the Dragon, pulling the sword from his shoulder, he holds it upright, taking a frenzy like stance at Vistrix showing a sense of confidence of what would be the last sight he would see.

And with that Anaxamada Brudi Charges head on at Vistrix smiling at the beast with all sense of logic and reason far gone from him.

"well then... time to die"

The End

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314