Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Let me quote Captain Hindsight:
    "They could have done exactly this without ANY harm by following this and the most common advice and suggestions on the hardcore pvp servers"

Look, where no open world pvp consequence (and motivation) system as well as keeping the no-pvp power instances affecting pvp brought them...

They might be taking now finally a few steps in the right directions...but way too slow and halfhearted (combo skipping "fix" (they removed it on some, but introduced new exploits and failed to balance the combo damage properly), "sprint" revamp (the aim was to make sprinting independant of the resource pools, but introduced dash and kept drain percental and regen linear), resscamprevamp (instead of allowing more tactic and less resscamping the effect was the opposite), tournament queue (idea was to offer something for premades (but no one bugging out or coming late could rejoin/join the mini his/her friends were in)). And now unchained mini games. Fingers crossed (really!).

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    I am at Set server. Server is not the problem. PvP minis pop fairly often (for AoC).
    Funny thing is, A ranked 9 ToS told me today that gear dosent matter much in PvP, it's all skill. I was laughing so hard...
    But hes right. If your are so frustrated, you obviously not skilled enough. Sure, gear is noticable. Especially for protection. But it is really NOTHING compared to nearly every other mmo out there. And getting pvp 5 doesnt take long. About a month. Fair timeperiod if you ask me.

Age of conan is over 5 years old. Of course new ppl will have some disadvantages. What do you think vets did all the time? You think you can ding level 80 and be on same gear level 5 years old vets are?

Sorry, but this thread is pure whining of someone who wants everything now and who cant accept that ppl are more skilled and therefore is looking for excuses.

Ps: mmos are all about charimprovement. You dont like that? Go play ego shooter or strategygames.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 22nd July 2013 at 07:24.

I would not say it is a matter of skill. What people left out here is expectation and fun.

Sure, you can not expect to compete right away (even if you are practiced in other melee classes and try a new one for example), but AoC is far from rocket science. Also you can be as skilled as you want, it will not help you with latency or the burst damage of some classes (especially if you are focused).

But what you can expect is, that even if you loose a lot, it is fun for you overall and/or you can learn to get better by doing pvp. Fun is definitely not the same for everyone...otherwise gamedesigning would be too easy...but gamedesign can affect the second part (learning curve, options)!

AoC puts vets, hardcore geared pve people, hardcore "skilled" pvp people and new players with good and bad attitudes all together in one pug system...more options here would be nice (which have all been suggested already here, the old forums and on TL btw). Unchained minis might even be part of it, but not the sole solution.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd July 2013 at 07:36.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    old game you could use double tapping to evade blows very reliably wich was why even if you had crap gear you could kill people if you had the skill.
    lul wut???

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    I am at Set server. Server is not the problem. PvP minis pop fairly often (for AoC).
    Funny thing is, A ranked 9 ToS told me today that gear dosent matter much in PvP, it's all skill. I was laughing so hard...
    duh ur on set, what u doin on set xd

on tyranny 19s, 39s 59s pop for all i know

deathwish is tortage pvp then get PLed to 80

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    But hes right. If your are so frustrated, you obviously not skilled enough. Sure, gear is noticable. Especially for protection. But it is really NOTHING compared to nearly every other mmo out there. And getting pvp 5 doesnt take long. About a month. Fair timeperiod if you ask me.

Age of conan is over 5 years old. Of course new ppl will have some disadvantages. What do you think vets did all the time? You think you can ding level 80 and be on same gear level 5 years old vets are?

Sorry, but this thread is pure whining of someone who wants everything now and who cant accept that ppl are more skilled and therefore is looking for excuses.

Ps: mmos are all about charimprovement. You dont like that? Go play ego shooter or strategygames.
    HAhaa People who are more skilled?? haha I almost laughed out all of my intestines and that chicken I ate....

Why don't you log on a pvp 1 barb or sin and ill be on a pvp9 barb or sin or dt and I'll guarantee you even if you are the most skilled player in the universe, you will still get your ass handed to you.

This game is almost all about gear and AAs.
    the only skill factor left in this game is the "knowledge and experience"
    Reaction time/situation awareness/timing/movements etc all can be over looked once you have gear/AA.

Get real the game is dead, and the biggest blow this game took was when it introduced khita/AA gear over skill.

Stop trying to twist things around so you can feel better about slaughtering new players with no gear and then tell them "L2P"
    don't make me laugh.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

I have PvP 3 or less toons that I can still do well on in a mini. No, I won't be topping kills like I do on my demo but I can still play smart, assist my team, and not give away a bunch of death's.

Gear matters to a point, obviously you can't go into a mini with 5k hit points or less, but with some faction gear/weapons and certain blue gear you can do well enough. You just have to play with your team and attack with others conservatively, you can't just Rambo it out like you can with a high level toon.

You have to put some effort into making your toon, you can't just ding 80 and be instantly competitive, MMO's do not work that way.

Also, no there is not much skill left to AoC. It's more knowledge of classes and abilities and knowing where to be during the mini, and where not to be. Movement is not as important as it used to be, but certainly it does help.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd July 2013 at 10:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

I have a pvp 10 sin but i prefer to play my alts which i played from pvp0 to above pvp 5 one after another and doing good. If you dont join with gear lower then 80 you can do quite well. I created a level 50 toon, boosted it to 80, bought some blue gear from vendor and joined minis and did good enough. So yes it depends on skill. Sure aa and gear does a noticeable difference but if you know what you do you can compensate a lot. Go play tera for example. There you can see gear dependancy.

Op lacks skill due to being new at aoc and uses gear as an excuse

I have a pvp 10 sin but i prefer to play my alts which i played from pvp0 to above pvp 5 one after another and doing good. If you dont join with gear lower then 80 you can do quite well. I created a level 50 toon, boosted it to 80, bought some blue gear from vendor and joined minis and did good enough. So yes it depends on skill. Sure aa and gear does a noticeable difference but if you know what you do you can compensate a lot. Go play tera for example. There you can see gear dependancy.

Op lacks skill due to being new at aoc and uses gear as an excuse
    It's not so much skill but knowing the game mechanics and classes. If your an old vet you have played every class and at least understand the specs people run and what they are capable of. You can be a really good player with great movement, but if you don't understand game mechanics and classes you will get sh!t on.

It's not really skill knowing the game...
    Doomsayer 2008

Age of conan is over 5 years old. Of course new ppl will have some disadvantages.
    I can understand the necessity of char progression in pve. It would be absurd to go T4 right after leaving Tortage.
    But pvp is not about slaying MOBs. It's about competing with other players who all want to have fun in the game.

What do you think vets did all the time? You think you can ding level 80 and be on same gear level 5 years old vets are?
    So, because some vets had to go through this "self-torture" (OP) all new players have to, too?
    What would harm you as a "top skilled veteran AoC player" when new players could compete you at eye level? Do you fear to lose your supremacy?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast