Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Default New 80 PvP: The Frustration

I hit 80 last week and thanks to a great guild got some decent blues and even a T1 helm. In the coming weeks, I'll try to chronicle my experience (and frustrations) as an 80 Conq. in the hopes that FC will (maybe) do something about it. Today's topic: PeeVeePee

[The Issue]

In AoC, you can pvp when you are 80. Before that, minis will NEVER pop and world pvp..well..thats another story better left untold.
    I knew it'd be frustrating to PvP without full T2 PvE gears- and I was right. Just like in The Secret World, pvp in AoC is reserved only for the elites. Newcomers will often find themselves fighting against Ranked 6 players who just take your hits, laugh at you and then one shot you. No matter how hard you try, its just not possible to do anything since at the end of the day, its all stats.

[The Frustration]

Fine. I'll just tough it out and grind levels till I get some pvp gears, I thought. But it's just torturing yourself. The grind is slow as hell and lets face it, no one wants to die over and over again for hours knowing fully well its a bad design and gear issue.

[The Solution]

1. A simple buff to lower ranked players (multiply their stats by X) so that they can get the levels and gears without getting one shot.
    2. Make getting the first tier pvp gear faster/easier. If you are worried about breaking PvE, don't let players use PvP gears in Raids/Dungeons.
    What is NOT a solution is asking me to fork up $30 to buy PvP gears from the store. Any decent person will refuse to do that when he is already paying $15/month.

If anyone has any suggestion how I can get some PvP ranks/gears please feel free to reply. Pls. don't say stuff like "Farm Bori". I don't even know what Bori is and apparently those who do in /Global are too busy talking about my mother.

Game wasn't like this before

until the devs donated their brains to the red cross.

It used to be hit 80 wear level 50 gear and still kick ass.

Gear was almost never an issue only class balancing.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

arrgh..what went wrong? Why do they insist on making things worse?

The 1.5 WoW patch is where aoc really took a nose dive.

so is there any way for me to do something about this sad PvP state that my Conq. is at?

Ye, you can realy fast (2 weaks - 2 months) farm Khitai items who also is good for PvP.
    I get PvP 10 in 3 years...

issue is your in an american server wich are deserted, so no lowbie minigames happen.
    truth is they are utterly unbalanced and some classes will stand out a lot more in low lvl's.
    some players at low lvl's are pvp6+ already and have the general aa's maxed out wich makes it further unbalanced.

old game you could use double tapping to evade blows very reliably wich was why even if you had crap gear you could kill people if you had the skill.

all the gear apart from pvp gear was utter crap so gear gap was always there combined with a faulty crafting system with gems that could be stacked in gear with unbelievable power to people using crafted sets.

overall class balancing was at its worst, back then and player could also combo skip exploit where they didnt have to do full combo animation for full damage on combos.

bad new for you is given you dont want to buy pvp gear you need to win the minigames quests everyday for like a month to reach pvp4/5
    you can increase you pvp xp gain by buying books in cimmerian end there is a vendor there, watch out those books can drop in combat.
    there is a potion from item shop wich stacks with bori book; and lastly being in a guild owning a t3 battlekeep will grant you an extra 10% pvp xp gain increase.

good news is once you get pvp4 gear+battlefield comander perk you have no reason to bitch about pvp because conq is that stupidly op and if you cant master it l2p or reroll ranger for instant win.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I am at Set server. Server is not the problem. PvP minis pop fairly often (for AoC).
    Funny thing is, A ranked 9 ToS told me today that gear dosent matter much in PvP, it's all skill. I was laughing so hard...

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    [The Solution]
    There are many possible solutions. The announced "Unchained Mini Games" are kind of patchwork imho and I fear they will pop as frequently as lowbie minis.

So Funcom should finally do the job properly and patch out the pve-like grind completely from the pvp system. No reward that makes the character stronger in pvp. No gear, no AA.
    Pvpers do pvp for fun, right? So what do they need character improvement for? It makes pvp much less fun: beginners get killed one shot and think it's just the imba gear. (We all know it is not just that). And which veteran with hidh-end gear can pride himself on killing beginners one shot? The current system is just unsatisfying for all pvpers.

To make pvp "player vs. player" again instead of "gear vs. gear" or "AA vs. AA" one possible solution could be this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjalgor View Post
    [PvP]
    Reduce the effects of gear
    (pvp and pve) and AA points/feats in every pvp mode (open world, minigames, keep fights).
    For instance simply multiply all item boni/mali with a fix "pvp factor", e.g. "0.1".
    [...]

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast