Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Wild Cookie Appears

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivnomancer View Post
    I remember this guy, trying to eat a bowl of soup with a butter knife, saying, "Why won't this spoon work!?!?"

I'm the writer. I develop words (quite a lot of them). I just don't do code.
    Sorry, you lost me with the soup part. What part of that story is the code and what part is the writing?

So I see the problem now. Thank you for clearing it up. YOu have down time because you write for the content, but with no new content, there isnt much to write. Perhaps, and this is a wild idea, have funcom host a contest.

Have people submit ideas of an add - on to AOC. Perhaps a new zone, or dungeon or something. Have funcom, like yourself look at the ideas, and pick one that you think you can do and would be a great addition. I can only image what one like you could do with a rough grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Sorry, you lost me with the soup part. What part of that story is the code and what part is the writing?
    If i may explain;

He has the butter knife, so instead of trying to eat the soup he butter the bacon.

Or translated; he is a writer, so instead of writing code he writes stories and quests.

Sort of makes sense dont it?
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    If i may explain;

He has the butter knife, so instead of trying to eat the soup he butter the bacon.

Or translated; he is a writer, so instead of writing code he writes stories and quests.

Sort of makes sense dont it?
    First of all ... NO. It doesnt make sense. There was no mention of bread or anything like that.

#2 his title is lead developer, not writer. I think he is lurking.

C. if he really is a writer, why is he asking for stories we liked?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivnomancer View Post
    I remember this guy, trying to eat a bowl of soup with a butter knife, saying, "Why won't this spoon work!?!?"

I'm the writer. I develop words (quite a lot of them). I just don't do code.
    hi, chalenge for you.
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3...picture141.png
    write an interesting quest to justify those statues coming alive and poke the coders to actualy make them a chalenge to kill

cheers and have a nice day.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    his title is lead developer, not writer. I think he is lurking.

C. if he really is a writer, why is he asking for stories we liked?

The OP (Sezmra) is the new community manager (replacing Morteia who just left). Sezmra wanted to let this thread be a means of introducing herself and get to know us by asking what's our favourite story in the Conan universe.

The writer you are referring to, is not Laurie 'sezmra' Payne the community manager, but Scrivnomancer the AoC developer. He has not asked for stories.

Two persons. Two different jobs. None of them are coders. All coders can be said to be developers of some sort (they develop code), but not all developers are coders. Scrivnomancer writes. He writes (develops) (some of) the really cool stories (quest texts, dialogues) in AoC. The coding itself however is handled by ... you guessed it, coders. Which he is not. And whether he is at work or on vacation is not an issue here. On vacation he can still check the forums and write here. And he can pop by the forums here even when working. Amazing, eh? Now many of us are probably interested in learning what Bruce Leroy's favourite Conan story is. After all, Conan stories is what this thread was supposed to be about. For the record, one of my favourite stories is The Phoenix on the Sword. There's politics, crime... and who knows if it somehow gave inspiration to Tolkien years later (Thoth Amon the wizard had a ring of power... Tolkien's Middle-earth universe also focuses a lot on powerful rings).
    Chopping heads since the 17th of May 2008
    -----
    Not a single offline level spent. 560 and increasing

Quote Originally Posted by Sente View Post
    Except that her name is Laurie Payne, it is in the signature...
    ...which is why I wrote that it would be cool if Laurie Payne was called Max... wink wink, nudge nudge...
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Chop-Chop View Post
    ...which is why I wrote that it would be cool if Laurie Payne was called Max... wink wink, nudge nudge...
    Ah, a reference to one of these things that are not MMOs...

Quote Originally Posted by Sente View Post
    Ah, a reference to one of these things that are not MMOs...
    Yep... a lot of them out there, and some really great ones too, including the Max Payne series, which can be recommended
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Chop-Chop View Post
    The OP (Sezmra) is the new community manager (replacing Morteia who just left). Sezmra wanted to let this thread be a means of introducing herself and get to know us by asking what's our favourite story in the Conan universe.

The writer you are referring to, is not Laurie 'sezmra' Payne the community manager, but Scrivnomancer the AoC developer. He has not asked for stories.

Two persons. Two different jobs. None of them are coders. All coders can be said to be developers of some sort (they develop code), but not all developers are coders. Scrivnomancer writes. He writes (develops) (some of) the really cool stories (quest texts, dialogues) in AoC. The coding itself however is handled by ... you guessed it, coders. Which he is not. And whether he is at work or on vacation is not an issue here. On vacation he can still check the forums and write here. And he can pop by the forums here even when working. Amazing, eh? Now many of us are probably interested in learning what Bruce Leroy's favourite Conan story is. After all, Conan stories is what this thread was supposed to be about. For the record, one of my favourite stories is The Phoenix on the Sword. There's politics, crime... and who knows if it somehow gave inspiration to Tolkien years later (Thoth Amon the wizard had a ring of power... Tolkien's Middle-earth universe also focuses a lot on powerful rings).
    You are right about the mix up. My bad.

BTW, never read a conan story.

I read them first about 30 years ago while in college and have read bits and pieces since then, so they are a bit blurred in my mind right now.

I liked the pirate ones the most from what I remember.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast