Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Wild Cookie Appears

Quote Originally Posted by Chop-Chop View Post
    Welcome to the show, sezmra. Would be cool if your first name is Max.
    Except that her name is Laurie Payne, it is in the signature...

Welcome to AoC, Sezmra!

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
    One of my favorite Conan quotes. It also explains YouTube comments

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivnomancer View Post
    Arent you supposed to be on vacation instead of reading the forums? And if you are indeed here, write some code!!!

A great quote, although I find another of REH's quotes to be even more prescient, and perhaps explain the source of YouTube et al angst:

"I think the real reason so many youngsters are clamoring for freedom of some vague sort, is because of unrest and dissatisfaction with present conditions: I don't believe this machine age gives full satisfaction in a spiritual way, if the term may be allowed." [my emphasis]
    ― Robert E. Howard

In other words, a life without physical work and threat has created a culture of frustrated barbarians -- "Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph" (Beyond the Black River) -- and those inner demons are what you see through the crack provided by the anonymity of the Internet.

The intensity that you see on even this forum feels like inmates shaking the bars of their cells, demanding that game developers give them a sense of freedom by expanding the walls; yet the whole time, the door to the prison stands wide open behind them, sunlight pouring through it.
    Last edited by Prima; 23rd July 2013 at 22:07.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Every summer the cimmerians fought the vanirs.

Every summer the spartans fought the messenians.

Every summer all ancient tribes fought their rival neighbours.

Competition for resources and for regional supremacy has been part of mankind for a long time. No matter if barbarian or civilizated one, all did it.

The question is: where is the competition and the fighting for resources in Age of Conan?

Hyboria needs more human warfare. We have had enough of strange creatures and "looking at the cast bar" dancing pve mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Arent you supposed to be on vacation instead of reading the forums? And if you are indeed here, write some code!!!
    I'm afraid I know no code. I just make the pretty words.

I'm afraid I know no code. I just make the pretty words.
    Perhaps that's the problem then, AOC developers cant develop. :P

I remember this guy, trying to eat a bowl of soup with a butter knife, saying, "Why won't this spoon work!?!?"

I'm the writer. I develop words (quite a lot of them). I just don't do code.

I just make the pretty words.
    ...and you're very good at this

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast